Romanova M.M., Kulgachev I.P.
“GREEN” TECHNOLOGIES AS A BASIS ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY TOURISM AND HOTEL BUSINESS
Abstract. Currently, tourism and hospitality are dynamically developing sectors of the economy. After the pandemic, there has been an active development of tourism, the construction and renovation of new accommodation facilities, an increase in domestic and international movements of people. The article states that the active development of hospitality significantly affects the state of the environment and ecology. The authors of the article cited both negative and positive examples from Russian and foreign practice. For the formation of environmental responsibility of business, a systematic approach is important. The authors identified the main directions of environmental policy in the field of hospitality. The article determines that hotel enterprises, following high environmental standards in their activities and introducing “green” technologies, have not only significant costs, but also additional profit in the long term. The authors describe possible measures to reduce the negative impact of the tourism and hotel business, give examples of the effective functioning of accommodation facilities in compliance with environmental standards. One of the main trends currently observed in the field of hospitality and tourism is the use of “green” technologies by hotels, which are the basis of the environmental responsibility of business. The article considers aspects that hinder the improvement of the environmental situation in Russia. The authors propose measures necessary for the further successful development of “green” technologies in Russian hotel enterprises. Attention in the article is paid to the development of tourism in specially protected natural areas, which are of interest to tourists. However, their protection and preservation also largely depends on the environmental responsibility of the tourism and hospitality industry and tourists.
Keywords: tourism, ecology, waste, emissions, biodiversity reduction, energy efficiency of hotels, energy consumption, “green camouflage”, “green” technologies, ecological hotel.
- Astafyeva O.A., Savina V. V. On the current state of the hospitality industry in the Russian Federation. Problems and prospects of the hospitality industry, tourism and sports: Collection of articles. Moscow, Rusigns Publ., 2019. pp. 157-161. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41239201
- Girya M.A., Girya L.V. Prospects for the use of green standards and technologies in housing construction. Engineering Bulletin of the Don, 2018, no. 3, pp. 31-43. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36651563
- Makarov I.N. , Osipova I.V. Corporate responsibility: environmental responsibility of business in a green economy. Creative Economy, 2022, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 449-462. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.18334/ce.16.2.114224
- Manakova M.G., Naumova V.R. Socio-ecological responsibility of business as a factor of sustainable development. Skif. Issues of student science, 2020, no. 6(46). pp. 503-508. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44197936
- Romanova M.M. Environmental aspect in the activities of hotel enterprises. Russian regions: a look into the future, 2022, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 71-78. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=49273208
- Strygina S.V. Correlation of social and environmental responsibility of entrepreneurs. Trends in the development of science and education, 2021, no. 76-4, pp. 85-88. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.18411/lj-08-2021-141
- Chibizova K.S., Suvorova I.N. Trends in changing the concept of an eco-hotel. Scientific Bulletin of MGIIT, 2019, no. 2 (58), pp. 54-65. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37747724
- Blinova E.A., Gregorić M., Dedusenko E.A. Corporate Social Responsibility in Tourism: International Practices. European Research Studies Journal, 2018, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 636-647. DOI: https://doi.org/10.35808/ersj/1089
- Dzhandzhugazova E.A., Maksanova L.B.Zh., Bardakhanova T.B. et al. Ecotourism Development in Russia: Analysis of Best Regional Practices. Ekoloji, 2019, vol. 28, no. 107, pp. 411-415. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37178217
- Dzhandzhugazova E.A., Ilina E.L., Latkin A.N. et al. Ecotourism programs in the context of the perception of natural and cultural landscapes (on the example of the Kizhi Museum Reserve). Ekoloji, 2018, vol. 27, no. 106, pp. 377-382. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36562603
- Ilina E.L., Miloradov K.A., Kovaltchuk A.P. Green hotel: Concepts and implementation. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, 2019, vol. 10, no. 2(34), pp. 300-306. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14505/jemt.v10.2(34).03
- Nikolskaya E.Y., Lepeshkin V.A., Blinova E.A. et al. Improvement of digital technology in the tourism sector . Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, 2019, vol. 10, no. 6(38), pp. 1197-1201. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14505/jemt.v10.6(38).01
- Nikolskaya E.Yu., Kovaleva N.I., Dracheva E.L. et al. Methodological Techniques for Measuring Performance in the Hospitality Industry. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, 2019, vol. 10, no. 2(34), pp. 379-384. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14505/jemt.v10.2(34).13
- Ruban D.A., Yashalova N.N. Russian Ecotourism in International Research: Limited Literature Contrasts Rich Resources. E-Review of Tourism Research, 2020, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 22-44. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44998827
- Romanyuk A.V., Gareev R.R. The system of indicators for assessing the effectiveness of the regions in the field of tourist services in Russia: Key problems and solutions. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, 2020, vol. 11, no. 6(46), pp. 1347-1367. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14505/jemt.v11.6(46).05
- Talibova A., Suyunov R., Gadoeva M. Technological innovations aimed at preserving the ecological environment in the hotel industry. Herald of Science and Education, 2019, no. 9-3(63), pp. 19-21. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38028869
For citation: Romanova M.M., Kulgachev I.P. “Green” technologies as a basis environmental responsibility tourism and hotel business. CITISE, 2023, no. 2, pp. 192-201. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.2.16