Liu Yu, Androsova I.V.
PRIORITY AREAS OF EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES WITH FOREIGN STUDENTS IN RUSSIAN UNIVERSITIES
Liu Yu1 (Jinan, China) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Androsova I.V.2 (Kursk, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
1Shandong Transport University
Abstract. The present study is devoted to the problem of organizing educational work with foreign students receiving higher education in Russian universities. Despite significant changes in the geopolitical situation in the world, the number of foreign students arriving in Russia to get an education is not decreasing, but, on the contrary, is increasing. The trend of increasing the influx of foreign students to Russia reinforces the importance and role of high-quality educational work that helps to solve adaptation problems in higher education institutions. The purpose of this article is to form the key areas of educational work in Russian universities, taking into account the characteristics of foreign students (mainly students from the People’s Republic of China). To achieve this goal, the following tasks have been solved in the scientific publication: substantiation of interest in Russia as a country for higher education by foreign students, which is confirmed by digital data; generalization of the main directions of educational work (in relation to foreigners) in Russian universities; formation of a number of measures aimed at adjusting the training programs and adaptation of Chinese students. In the course of writing a scientific article, general scientific research methods were used: statistical, formalized, hypothetical-deductive method and others. The empirical basis of the study was the data of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the results of scientific research by various authors, as well as the authors’ own conclusions. The main results of the scientific publication are the main directions and activities identified by the authors that contribute to solving the problems of adaptation of Chinese students in the future and are focused on improving the educational and methodological base, taking into account the peculiarities of the student contingent.
Keywords: educational activities; foreign students; student adaptation; higher education; educational and methodological work.
- Vlasova A.D., Kolyshkina V.A., Gitman E.K. Educational work at the university: historical and legal aspect. Humanitarian studies. Pedagogy and psychology, 2022, no. 9, pp. 17-25. EDN: CLUCQH, DOI: 10.24412/2712-827X-2022-9-17-25
- Hasanova R.R., Menglin F. Social adaptation of Chinese students through cultural and leisure activities. Prospects of Science. 2018. no. 11(110). pp. 170-174. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36881785
- Glushenkov A.M. The system of educational work at the university: the practice of organization and management. Izvestiya ASOU, 2015, no. 3-1, pp. 66-75. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26289583
- Yesenkova G.A. Improving the effectiveness of the formation of the educational component of human capital in the conditions of digital transformation of society and the formation of the knowledge. Kursk, Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation Publ., 2020. pp. 173-178. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42846214
- Kostina A.V. Educational work in higher education as a system: functions, structure, content. Academic Council, 2022, no. 3, pp. 176-185. (In Russian). EDN: KWTMLI, DOI: 10.33920/nik-02-2203-02
- Kulchieva E.G., Batyrov A.E. The system of educational work in modern university. Higher education in Russia, 2015, no. 10, pp. 121-126. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24835283
- Loginov O.N., Zapparov R. I., Kondratiev P.A. Educational work with foreign students in the process of physical culture classes. Theory and practice of physical culture, 2018. no. 12, pp. 37-39. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36488688
- Makarova V.N. Educational process in a modern university: problems and ways to solve them. Scientific notes of the Orel State University. Series: Humanities and Social Sciences, 2015, no. 2(65), pp. 280-285. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28886034
- Rybakova M.V., Ivanova N.A. Adaptation of Chinese students in Russian universities: some problems. Socio-humanitarian knowledge, 2022, no. 3, pp. 410-417. (In Russian). EDN: YFWZPT, DOI: 10.34823/SGZ.2022.3.51823
- Semenova E.V. Educational process in a modern university. Current direction of scientific research of the XXI century: theory and practice, 2017, vol. 5, no. 7-2(33-2), pp. 330-333. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30626331
- Simonenko E.S. The method of projects in the practice of teaching Russian as a foreign language in Chinese universities for students of technical specialties. Proceedings of the Southwestern State University. Series: Economics. Sociology. Management, 2018, vol. 8, no. 3(28), pp. 191-197. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36356195
- Simonova Zh.G. Principles of activation of cognitive activity of students in the process of organizing independent work based on the use of information technologies of education. Bulletin of the Kostroma State University named after N.A. Nekrasov, 2009, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 418-421. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23413888
- Sitosanova O.V. Educational work at the university. Bulletin of the Angarsk State Technical University, 2021, no. 15, pp. 246-249. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47334771
- Tin U. Adaptation of Chinese students in Russian universities: problems, solutions. Education and Law, 2020, no. 11, pp. 187-190. (In Russian). EDN: VIFOJJ, DOI: 10.24411/2076-1503-2020-11128
- Fefelov A.V., Taktak M. Features of educational work on the adaptation of foreign students. Intercultural communication in education and medicine, 2021, no. 3, pp. 30-35. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47216084
For citation: Liu Yu, Androsova I.V. Priority areas of educational activities with foreign students in Russian universities. CITISE, 2023, no. 3, pp. 414-423. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.3.34