Popova N.V., Ladygina O.V., Osipchukova E.V.
ADAPTATION OF FOREIGN STUDENTS IN THE UNIVERSITY IN THE ASPECT OF INTERCULTURAL INTERACTION
Abstract. The problem of adaptation of foreign students in a new country, educational situation, in a new team will always be relevant for study, as it is justified by changes in both the socio–cultural characteristics of society and the personality characteristics of the subject – student. The justification of the applied technologies of work on the adaptation of foreign youth at the university can be given only on the basis of a comprehensive and systematic study of the youth environment of the university. The purpose of the study: to study the adaptation of foreign students at the university in the aspect of intercultural interaction. The following methods were used in the study: comparative analysis of results, secondary analysis of data based on the results of the research of the Center for the Development of Partnership with Graduates of UrFU 2017-2022 and a questionnaire among foreign students of UrFU. As a result of the study, the authors determined the motives for the choice of foreign students of the university and goals for the future, their interaction with student organizations, with university staff and students. The authors conclude that students of different ages and nationalities are actively involved in student life, events and training seminars, and the adaptation process contributes to the socialization of foreign students in the new educational space and is inextricably linked with intercultural interaction. The results of the study are used by specialists in working with foreign youth of universities, public student associations working with foreign students to further study the dynamics of adaptation of foreign students at the university in the aspect of intercultural interaction, in the development of adaptation student programs for foreign students, the organization of youth events of fraternities at the university.
Keywords: international students, adaptation, intercultural interaction.
- Gufurov B.G. The history of the Tajik people in brief. In 2 vol. Vol. 1. From ancient times to the Great October Socialist Revolution of 1917 y. Moscow, Gospolitizdat Publ., 1949. 476 p. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30625896
- Ladygina O.V. Identity and its Relevance in Modern Tajikistan. Monograph. Dushanbe, Russian-Tajik Slavonic University Publ., 2017. 137 p. ISBN 978-99975-850-3-5. (In Russian).
- Ladygina O.V., Popova N.V. The Role of Cultural Policy in Shaping the National Identity of the Youth of Tajikistan. Proceedings of the Institute of Philosophy, Political Science and Law named after A. Bahovaddinov of the National Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, 2022, no. 2, pp. 35–40. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=49312433
- Ponomarev A.V., Reimer E.V. Sport as a Factor of Tolerance Formation in the Student Environment. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture, 2022, no. 11, pp. 8–9. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=49706605
- Brusilovskii D.A. Adaptation Possibilities of Muslim Migrants to European Culture IN the Globalized World. New University. Series «Actual Problems of the Humanities and Social Sciences», 2016, no. 2 (59), pp. 43–47. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26508342
- Brusilovskii D.A. Intercultural and Interreligious Dialogue as a Way to Achieve True Culture. Historical, Philosophical, Political and Law Sciences, Culturology and Study of Art. Issues of Theory and Practice, 2016, no. 10 (72), pp. 53–58. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26681324
- Azhybekova K.A., Brusilovskii D.A., Esipov I.I. Methodology of Adaptation of Muslim Migrants to European Culture. Eurasian Law Journal, 2017, no. 7 (110), pp. 351-355. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29866657
- Smolina T.L., Melnikova A.A. Psychology of cross-cultural adaptation. Monograph. St Petersburg, Skifia Publ., 2017. 303 p. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36853274
- Tereshchenko T.M., Fedotova L.A. Academic Adaptation of Foreign Students in the Educational Space of a Pedagogical University. Ivzestia of the Volgograd State Pedagogical University, 2020, no. 3 (146),pp. 68–73. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42708393
- Osipchukova E.V., Popova N.V., Popova E.V. Adaptation of Students in Higher Education Institutions: Factor Analysis. Contemporary Higher Education: Innovative Aspects, 2016, vol. 8, no. 4 (34), pp. 66–74. (In Russian). EDN: XISLFT, DOI: 10.7442/2071-9620-2016-8-4-66-74
- Kisilenko A.V., Shapovalova I.S. Designing the Course of Life or How Do Youth See Their Future? Sotsiologicheskie Issledovaniya, 2023, no. 2, pp. 83–94. (In Russian). EDN: ODCAGO, DOI: 10.31857/S013216250024385-6
- Yadova M.A. Life Trajectories of the Youth in the XXI Century: Risks and Opportunities. Sotsiologicheskie Issledovaniya, 2022, no. 2, pp. 83–93. (In Russian). EDN: VDHCRW, DOI: 10.31857/S013216250011067-6
- Gigin V.F., Grishchenko Zh.M. Students of the Digital Age: Life Meanings in the Realities of Belarusian Society. Sotsiologicheskie Issledovaniya, 2021, no. 1, pp. 110–120. (In Russian). EDN: QJMNSM, DOI: 10.31857/S013216250013571-1
- Avksentiev V.A., Aksiumov B.V. «Identities Portfolio» of the Youth of the Southern Russia after 12 years. Sotsiologicheskie Issledovaniya, 2022, no. 7, pp. 76–87. (In Russian). EDN: HEOCFJ, DOI: 10.31857/S013216250019645-2
- Simonyan R.Kh. Students of the Russia and Kazakhstan Border Regions on the Problems of Good Neighborliness in the Conditions of Rapprochement Between Europe and Asia (a Comparative Research). Sotsiologicheskie Issledovaniya, 2022, no. 5, pp. 114–122. (In Russian). EDN: POYCNN, DOI: 10.31857/S013216250016655-3
- Ladygina O.V., Popova N.V. The Importance of National Identity Preferences of Young People in the Preservation and Development of National Cultures. Proceedings of the Institute of Philosophy, Political Science and Law named after A. Bahovaddinov of the National Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, 2023, no. 2, pp. 50–55. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=53844365
- Kharina I.V. Experimental Work on the Forming of Multicultural Competence of Foreign Students in the Educational Space of a Russian University. Modern problems of science and education. Surgery, 2013, no. 5. pp. 1–8. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20992305
- Ananina V.T., Aleshina E.A., Belov A.A. Educational Activities at the University: Modern Approaches. Monograph. Yekaterinburg, Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin Publ., 2022. 344 p. (In Russian). ISBN 978-5-7996-3473-5
For citation: Popova N.V., Ladygina O.V., Osipchukova, E.V. Adaptation of foreign students in the university in the aspect of intercultural interaction. CITISE, 2023, no. 3, pp. 317-327. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.3.27