THE INFLUENCE OF DIGITAL REALITY ON THE STATE OF THE VALUE WORLD OF STUDENTS
Martynova M.D.1 (Saransk, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
1National Research Ogarev Mordovia State University
Abstract. The problem that is considered in the article is that the digital communication space transforms the content of values and the features of their functioning among young people. The social development of young people is determined by digital socialization where an individual space is formed for everyone with many opportunities for subjective manifestation. On the example of a number of traditional values – «friendship», «family», «citizenship», «patriotism», etc. it shows the change in content (the same value can be filled with different meanings) and the instability of their hierarchy in the system of life priorities of a young person. Transformation is also expressed in the fact that values can acquire a relational, mobile character, change their content depending on the situation. As a research methodology, the concepts of social education and social development of a person in a digital society at various stages of his life path, content analysis, comparative analysis were used, secondary data from sociological studies of Russian youth value orientations were used. A pilot survey of students aged 18 to 24 years (184 people) was conducted. The results of the study revealed the transformational nature of traditional values among young people as a result of parallel stay in the real and digital space. The process of values transformation is influenced by such characteristics of the digital environment as the rapid and wide availability of information, the availability of the digital environment itself, the ability to build diverse social connections, freedom of expression, etc. This contributes to the growth of individualism and autonomy of the individual, as a result of which individualistic values are spreading, autonomy and independence in their actions are growing, the activity and independence of the user is increasing.
Keywords: youth, social development, values, value orientations, digital socialization, digital environment.
- Asmolov G.A., Asmolov A.G. The Internet as a generative space: a historical and evolutionary perspective. Questions of Psychology, 2019, no. 4, pp. 3-28. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42199487
- Brodovskaya E. V., Dombrovskaya A. Yu., Pyrma R. V., Sinyakov A. V., Azarov A. A. The relationship between the value and competence choice of young people in the context of digitalization: the results of an all-Russian study. Values and meanings, 2019, no. 2 (60), pp. 76-104. (In Russian). EDN: NSUZRJ, DOI: 10.24411/2071-6427-2019-10057
- Golubeva N.A. Phenomenology of interpersonal and intergroup communication of modern youth in real and virtual space. Bulletin of the Russian State University for the Humanities. Series “Psychology. Pedagogy. Education”, 2018, no. 2 (12), pp. 45-59. (In Russian). EDN: YNPYTZ, DOI: 10.28995/2073-6398-2018-2-45-59
- Dadaeva T.M. Childfree families in the region: myth or reality? Regionology, 2017, no. 3 (100), pp. 456-471. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30058092
- Drobnitsky O.G. Moral Philosophy. Selected works. Moscow, Gardariki Publ., 2002. 523 p.
- Annual monitoring of the value orientations of modern youth 2022. Available at: https://институтвоспитания.рф/upload/iblock/ (accessed 1 May 2023)
- Results of monitoring the value orientations of modern youth: an analytical report, 2021. Available at: http://vcht.center/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Itogi-monitoringa-tsennostnyh-orientatsij-molodezhi.pdf (accessed 1 May 2023)
- Kandybovich S.L., Razina T.V. Features of the socialization of youth in the conditions of the modern digital environment. World civilizations, 2019, no. 3-4, pp. 23-28. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44570563
- Cohen J., Schmidt E. New digital world. Moscow, Mann, Ivanov and Ferber Publ., 2013. 368 p. (In Russian).
- Ledeneva V.Yu. Transformation of value orientations of student youth in the conditions of digital reality. Bulletin of Udmurt University. Sociology. Political Science. International Relations, 2022, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 295-304. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.35634/2587-9030-2022-6-3-295-304
- Martsinkovskaya T.D. Psychology of a teenager in response to the challenges of our time: a fusion of traditions and innovations. Theoretical and experimental psychology, 2022, no. 3 (15), pp. 187–197. (In Russian). EDN: MHMVYI, DOI: 10.24412/2073-0861-2022-3-00-00
- Rostovskaya T.K. Value orientations of modern youth: features and trends. Monograph. Moscow, RUSSIGNS Publ., 2019. 228 p. (In Russian).
- Safronova A.P., Verbitskaya N.O., Molchanov N.A. Education in the digital space: self-preservation of health. Modern problems of science and education, 2018, no. 6, pp. 236. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36871166
- Soldatova, G.U. Digital socialization in the cultural-historical paradigm: a changing child in a changing world. Social psychology and society, 2018, no. 9(3), pp. 71–80. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.17759/sps.2018090308
- Sibusheva A.R. Late middle and late reproductive age: why women do not give birth (on the example of the Republic of Mordovia)? Bulletin of SGUPS: Humanitarian research, 2020, no. 2 (8), pp. 20-28. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44152074
- Chuev S.V. Value orientations of Russian youth and the implementation of state youth policy: research results. Moscow, GUU Publ., 2021. 131 p. (In Russian).
- Value orientations of modern youth. Analytical review of the results of international and Russian studies. Available at: https://www.zircon.ru/upload/iblock/aab/tsennostnye-orientatsii-sovremennoy-molodezhi-analiticheskiy-obzor.pdf (accessed 1 May 2023)
- Brunck B. Howard Gardner and Katie Davis: The App Generation: How Today’s Youth Navigate Identity, Intimacy, and Imagination in a Digital World. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 2014, vol. 43, pp. 1404-1407. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10964-014-0142-7
- Gardner H., Davis K. The app generation: How today’s youth navigate identity, intimacy, and imagination in a digital world. New Haven, CT, Yale University Press Publ., 2013, 242 p.
- Smith J., Hewitt B., Skrbiš Z. Digital socialization: young people’s changing value orientations towards internet use between adolescence and early adulthood. Information, Communication & Society, 2015, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 1022-1038. DOI: 10.1080/1369118X.2015.1007074
- Stornaiuolo A. Contexts of Digital Socialization: Studying Adolescents’ Interactions on Social Network Sites. Human Development, 2017, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 233-238. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1159/000480341
For citation: Martynova M.D. The influence of digital reality on the state of the value world of students. CITISE, 2023, no. 3, pp. 251-260. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.3.21