Savelieva E.V., Kurisheva O.A.
FEATURES OF THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES IN TEACHING HISTORY TO FOREIGN STUDENTS
Savelieva E.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Kurisheva O.A.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
1Russian Biotechnological University (ROSBIOTECH)
Abstract. The article presents an overview of modern network and mobile resources, information technologies, digital tools used in teaching the course “History” to foreign students of preparatory faculties. An attempt is made to analyze them to identify the appropriateness of their use in the educational process. The article is practice-oriented and is an attempt to systematize and generalize the accumulated experience. The relevance of the topic is due to the needs of the digitalization of education and the possibilities of ever-expanding interactive content. At the same time, there is a certain specificity in the use of digital tools when working with foreign students, considered on the example of the History course for preparatory faculties. The hypothesis of the study was the assumption that information technologies can be successfully applied within the framework of the course “History”, however, work with foreign students may have its own specifics that affect the choice of specific methods and technologies. In this paper, an attempt was made to analyze modern information technologies in order to identify their applicability in working with foreign students within the framework of the course “History”. An analysis was made of the most popular digital tools used in history classes. A pedagogical experiment was conducted with foreign students of the preparatory faculty of 2021-2022 of the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Moscow State University of Food Production” (BIOTECH University), which showed that digital tools make it easier for the teacher and make the learning process more effective for students. But foreign students, of course, differ in their specifics (which also depends on the region from which they came), which must also be taken into account when attracting this or that digital content.
Keywords: foreign students, preparatory faculty, History course, online resource, mobile application, information technology, digital tools.
- Aguilar S.J. et al. Associations between learning analytics dashboard exposure and motivation and self-regulated learning. Computers & Education, 2021, vol. 162, art. 104085. DOI:10.1016/j.compedu.2020.104085.
- Al-Huneini H., Walker S.A., Badger R. Introducing tablet computers to a rural primary school: An Activity Theory case study. Computers & Education, 2020, vol. 143, art. 103648. URL: https://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/150564/8/author
- Bond M., Zawacki-Richter O., Nichols M. Revisiting five decades of educational technology research: A content and authorship analysis of the British Journal of Educational Technology. British Journal of Educational Technology, 2019, vol. 50. no. 1, pp. 12–63. DOI: 10.1111/bjet.12730.
- Deng L., Tavares N.J. From Moodle to Facebook: Exploring Students’ Motivation and experiences in Online Communities. Computers and Education, 2016, vol. 68, pp. 167-176.DOI:10.1016/j.compedu.2013.04.028
- King R., Blayney P., Sweller J. How language background impacts learners studying International Financial Reporting Standards: a cognitive load theory perspective. Accounting Education, 2021, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 439–450. DOI:10.1080/09639284.2021.1930562
- Bagdasaryan R.Kh., Komleva E.A. Information technologies used in patriotic education (on the example of the historical park “Russia – my history”). Culture and time of change, 2022, no. 2 (37). (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=49082906
- Bekirova E.Sh. Interactive methods and health-saving technologies in teaching history at a university in a distance format. Problems of modern pedagogical education, 2023, no. 78-2, pp. 39-43. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=53063355
- Dremlyugin D.M. Some aspects of teaching the course “History” to foreign students of the preparatory faculty of pre-university training. Moscow Institute of Continuing Education 2019. pp. 294-300. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42372617
- Zhdanova D.E. Reverse learning technology: a combination of mobile learning and active learning methods. Naukosphere, 2021, no. 7-1, pp. 55-58. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46593024
- Zakharova L.I., Monchenko A.S. Features of the use of information technologies in history classes in higher education. Ufa, OMEGA SCIENCE Publ., 2018. pp. 128-130. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35416936
- Zakharova L.I., Shevtsov D.V. Problems of using information technologies in history classes in higher education. Ufa, OMEGA SCIENCE Publ., 2018. pp. 221-223. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35416728
- Zimina O.V. Organization of the educational process with the help of information and Internet technologies in the lessons of history. Chelyabinsk: Chelyabinsk Institute for the Development of Vocational Education Publ., 2019. pp. 96-98. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38256071
- Alekseeva D.A., Alekseeva I.Yu. Teacher in the context of education digitalization. Bulletin of Applied Ethics, 2021, no. 57, pp. 83-92. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44868248
- Lukyanenko V.V. The use of information technology in teaching history in college classes. Tolyatti, Volga University named after V.N. Tatishcheva Publ., 2018. pp. 93-96. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32862776.
- Makarova N.N., Chernova N.V. Experience in the use of electronic educational resources in the process of teaching the history of Russia at the university. Prospects of science and education, 2019, no. 3 (39). pp. 474-488. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38545622
- Klimenskikh M.V., Lebedeva Yu.V., Maltsev A.V. Psychological factors of effective online teaching of students. Prospects of science and education, 2019, no 6 (42), pp. 312-321. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41652649
- Sankovskaya O.M. Features of teaching history to foreign students of the preparatory department of NArFU. M. V. Lomonosov. On the way to civil society, 2019, no. 2 (34), pp. 92-97. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38306543
For citation: Savelieva E.V., Kurisheva O.A. Features of the application of information technologies in teaching history to foreign students. CITISE, 2023, no. 3, pp. 139-148. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.3.12