Likhacheva O.N., Petrov I.F., Petrova S.I.
TO THE QUESTION OF THE COMMUNICATIVE APPROACH IN A TEACHING PROCESS [In English]
Likhacheva O.N.1 (Krasnodar, Russian Federation) – email@example.com, Petrov I.F.1 (Krasnodar, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Petrova S.I.1 (Krasnodar, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
Abstract. The Russian methodology of teaching foreign languages has gone through many stages, there has been development, and decline, and a certain stagnation, inertia, but nevertheless, gradually, researchers came to the conclusion that the methodology that was acceptable, for example, for Soviet society, closed, remote from the wide international space, somewhat does not fit into the modern realities of foreign language education. Scientists – methodologists gradually come to the conclusion that communication is what a foreign language is studied for, without it there is no need to master it, so that it is not dead, like, for example, Latin. A foreign language should be absorbed by the trainees, perceived as a given, the need to move to a higher level, as a means of achieving the set high goals of improvement, development, serving one’s country, family and society. However, often, as the practice of working at a university and direct communication with students shows, a foreign language rather causes them some soreness and hostility. This is dictated, for the most part, by the lack of a motivational component to study it, as well as imperfect teaching methods, which school teachers still use by inertia and university teachers do not disdain. In this context, the communicative approach is the most acceptable technology that allows you to change the attitude of students to a foreign language, make the academic process more interesting and effective, and the result is successful. The subject of the research is the communicative approach in the university educational process. The object of the study is the mechanisms of the communicative approach in teaching and learning a foreign language in modern realities. The relevance of the study lies in the urgent need to use communicative technology to obtain a better result of a foreign language educational process in university realities. The novelty of the study lies in the development of a number of recommendations for the use of a communicative approach in a modern university. The work is recommended for teachers, methodologists, students, graduate students and a wide range of people interested in high-quality and effective teaching of a foreign language at a university.
Keywords: foreign language communicative competence, communication, efficiency, foreign language, communicative approach, motivation, modern society, culture.
- Tatarintseva N.E. Pedagogical design: history, methodology, organizational and methodological system. Monograph. Rostov-on-Don; Taganrog, Southern Federal University Press Publ., 2019. 150 p. (In Russian).
- Belyakova E.G. Zakharova I.G. Interaction of university students with educational content in the information educational environment. Education and Science, 2019, vol. 21, no. 3. pp. 77-105. (In Russian). URL: http://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37312421
- Tsarenkova Yu.V. Patriotic education in foreign language lessons. Public lesson. 2008. Available at: https://urok-1sept-ru.turbopages.org/turbo/urok.1sept.ru/s/articles/506871 (Accessed 01 May 2023)
- Shestakov Yu.A., Pavlov D.A. Patriotic education in post-Soviet Russia from the perspective of rule-making. News of higher educational institutions. Sociology. Economy, Politics, 2016, no. 3, pp. 59-65. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26726967
- Veremchuk A.S. On the motivation of students as a necessary condition for improving the quality of education. Scientific Review. Pedagogical Sciences, 2020, no. 2, pp. 34-38. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42897036
- Likhacheva O.N. Some features of the modern approach in teaching students of non-linguistic universities a foreign language in the light of communicative competence. Scientific Works of the Kuban State Technological University, 2016, no. 3, pp. 138-143. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25793643
- Likhacheva O.N. To the question of the formation and development of the discursive competence of students of non-linguistic universities in the classroom in a foreign language. Scientific Works of the Kuban State Technological University, 2017, no. 1, pp. 97-104. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29953561
- Byrdina O.N., Yurinova E.A., Dolzhenko S.G. Formation of foreign language professional and communicative competence among students of a pedagogical university through CLIL. Education and Science, 2020, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 71-100. (In Russian). URL: http://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43898804
- Shilovich O.B. Features of teaching humanitarian disciplines in a distance context. Scientific Works of the Kuban State Technological University, 2020, no. 2, pp. 118-125. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43021685
- Shilovich O.B. Features of pedagogical interaction within the framework of a modern technical university. Scientific Works of the Kuban State Technological University, 2020, no. 2, pp. 126-133. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43021686
- Chernyavskaya V.E. Linguistics of the text: polycode, intertextuality, interdiscursivity. Moscow, Librokom Publ., 2020. 334 p.
- Petrov I.F. Need content of personality: relationship and interdependence. Bulletin of the Kemerovo State University, 2012, no. 2 (50), pp. 167-175. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17760250
- Petrova S.I. Actual problems of studying the social environment. Vestnik IMSIT, 2017, no. 1 (69), pp. 21-23. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29028298
- Afanas’eva I.V. Patterns of organization and methodology of structuring the educational and cognitive process in higher education. Anthropological didactics and education, 2021, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 53-67. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47888201
- Nechaev M.P. Theoretical concepts of education in the development of the educational potential of the educational environment. Anthropological didactics and education, 2021, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 19-34. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46460888
For citation: Likhacheva O.N., Petrov I.F., Petrova S.I. To the question of the communicative approach in a teaching process. CITISE, 2023, no. 2, pp. 562-571. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.2.49