Davidchuk N.N., Palchikova N.S.
MARKETING POTENTIAL: COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF SCIENTIFIC APPROACHES TO IT’S STUDY AND EVALUATION
Davidchuk N.N.1 (Donetsk, Russian Federation) – email@example.com, Palchikova N.S.1 (Donetsk, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org
1Donetsk National University of Economics and Trade named after Mikhail Tugan-Baranovsky
Abstract. In modern economy functioning conditions, marketing potential plays a leading role in promoting goods, gaining market share, retaining and forming consumer loyalty, increasing the enterprise’s role in the market. Marketing potential is a subsystem in the enterprise potential system; it includes marketing resources, reserves and opportunities that it uses to conduct assortment, commodity, price, sales and competition policy; it is formed under the internal and external environment influence. The article provides a scientific approaches’ comparative analysis to the definition of “marketing potential”, its author’s vision is proposed, methods for assessing marketing potential are considered, a model for evaluating marketing potential based on a systematic approach is developed, which, unlike existing ones, takes into account the components of marketing tools, the marketing personnel competence, marketing resources, marketing policy, information and communication resources, marketing communications. Marketing potential is a comprehensive indicator that allows you to determine the prospects and effectiveness of any enterprise’s marketing activities. The ability to assess marketing potential as an economic indicator determines the changes’ direction in strategic guidelines and serves as an effective tool for improving the enterprise’s development, brand, competitiveness and increasing its profitability.
Keywords: potential, marketing potential, marketing resources, marketing system.
- Azaryan E.M., Voziyanova E.A. Regulatory and legal regulation and the marketing environment of a retail company in the Donetsk People’s Republic. Donetsk, 2019, 2019. pp. 338-344. (In Russian).
- Balabanova L.V., Mazhinsky R.V. Management of the enterprise’s marketing potential. Monograph. Donetsk, DonDUET Publ., 2005. 153 p. (In Russian).
- Bezrukova T.L., Sapronov E.I., Morkovina S.S. Managing the competitiveness of an entrepreneurial organization. Monograph. Moscow, KnoRus Publ., 2008. 163 p. (In Russian). ISBN: 978-5-390-00423-4
- Kolesnik E.N. Marketing potential: classification of approaches to its study and evaluation. Questions of Economics and law, 2011, no.12, pp. 140-145. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17765611
- Kotler F. Marketing management. St. Petersburg, Peter Publ., 2003. 749 p. (In Russian). ISBN: 9785446104222.
- Rozdolskaya I.V. Comparative analysis of “marketing potential” concept and its functional content as an economic category.Bulletin of Donetsk National University, 2013, no.3. pp. 75-81. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20313241
- Yuldasheva O.U. Theory and methodology of the company’s marketing potential formation and development. Monograph. St. Petersburg, Info-Da Publ., 2005. 240 p.
- Barancheev V.P., Strizhov S.G. Analysis and evaluation of the enterprise’s marketing potential. Marketing, 2004, no. 3, pp. 42-50. (In Russian).
- Lysenko Yu.G., Guz N.G., Sadekov A.A. Management of the marketing potential of the enterprise. Monograph. Donetsk, South-East Publ., 2005. 350 p. (In Russian). ISBN 966-8168-85-2
- Nemykin D.N. Marketing potential modeling in the system of an enterprise’s economic management. Bulletin of the Belgorod University of Consumer Cooperation, 2009, no. 4. pp. 106-111. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=12997718
- Popov E.V. The enterprise’s market potential. Moscow, Economics Publ., 2002. 559 p. (In Russian). ISBN 5-282-02149-8
- Rodionova A.P. Marketing potential’s evaluation and implementation of machine-building enterprises’ development in the region. Regionology, 2009. no. 3, pp. 115-122. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=13005203
- Sunday E. Evaluation of an industrial enterprise’s marketing potential in a market economy. Doct. Diss. Candidate of Economic Sciences. Volgograd, 2005. 184 p. (In Russian).
- Shatsky A.I. Building a model for assessing the marketing potential of an enterprise. Russian entrepreneurship, 2013, no. 8 (230), pp. 121-132. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19033539
- Goncharov V.N., Zakharov S.V. The enterprises’ production potential management organization’s formation. Monograph. Novocherkassk, YURGPU Publ., 2015. 179 p. (In Russian). ISBN 978-5-9997-0531-0
- Krasniavskaya O.V., Mandych I.A. The managing process of the company’s marketing potential. Russian Technological Journal, 2018, vol. 6, no. 1, pp.63-72. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32466038
- Reshetov K.Y. Development of the methodology for ensuring the innovative entrepreneurship competitiveness. Moscow, Science and Education Publ., 2016. 284 p. (In Russian). ISBN 978-5-9907008-8-8
- Ansoff I. New corporate strategy: The new corporate strategy. St. Petersburg, Peter Publ., 1999. 413 p. (In Russian). ISBN 5-314-00105-5
- Davidchuk N.N. Integrated approach to the assessment of the recreational complex’s recreational potential development level. Bulletin of Donetsk National University, 2019, no.2, pp. 56-64. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41434998
- Azaryan E.M. Conceptual approaches to enterprise potential management based on marketing strategy. Trade and market, 2021, no. 4-1 (60), pp. 39-45. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=50261250
For citation: Davidchuk N.N., Palchikova N.S. Marketing potential: comparative analysis of scientific approaches to it’s study and evaluation. CITISE, 2023, no. 2, pp. 318-326. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.2.27