ADDITIONAL EDUCATION AT SCHOOL AS AN INDIVIDUAL EDUCATIONAL SPACE FOR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
Lvova S.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org
1Moscow State Pedagogical University
Abstract. The article reveals the historical potential of the concept of “additional education”. Additional education in Russia has a long history. It is aimed at the formation of a versatile personality, the disclosure of the potential of children, the formation of important skills and abilities in them, depending on certain occupations and their concepts. This study presents the author’s program for additional education, the purpose of which is to develop the cognitive and creative potential of elementary school students, as well as the development of children’s communicative qualities. Productive ideas in the presented program are ideas aimed at creating a comprehensive educational route for younger schoolchildren in the field of design. The program is built in accordance with the Concept of the development of additional education for children. The author empirically substantiates the ways of improving creative development based on experimental diagnostics of elementary school students. The necessity of additional education programs for the implementation of the tasks of personal development of students at all levels of education is substantiated; the design features that affect the creative development of younger schoolchildren are considered. A significant positive dynamics of the development of the creative potential of children attending classes has been experimentally revealed. The generalized data of the study are presented, as a result of which it is possible to state an increase in the personal and creative potential of the respondents of the experimental group, to conclude that their visual and imaginative thinking has become more developed. The fact has been established that children received knowledge from various fields of science and art, which were associated with their constructive and playful activities in the classroom. The variety of topics of the additional education program allowed to give children design skills; to teach them how to design in different architectural styles; the younger students received knowledge in biology, history, mathematics and astronomy. Some of the additional knowledge given to schoolchildren was not related to the formal education system. This knowledge allowed children to learn more and become more versatile.
Keywords: additional education, psychological and pedagogical experiment, design, junior schoolchildren, cognitive and creative potential of primary school students, personal development.
- Golovanov V.P. Methodology and technology of work of a teacher of additional education. Moscow, Vlados Publ., 2004. 239 p. (In Russian).
- Zolotarev A.V. Additional education of children: history and modernity. Moscow, Yurayt Publ., Series, Vocational education. 2016. 353 p. (In Russian).
- Evladova E.B., Loginova L.G., Mikhailova N.N. Additional education of children. Moscow, Vlados Publ., 2002. 352 p. (In Russian).
- Ishmakova M.S. Construction in preschool education in the conditions of the introduction of the Federal State Educational Standard. Moscow, Mask Publ., 2013. 100 p. (In Russian).
- Krivykh S.V. Additional education of children. Theory and practice. St. Petersburg, Express Publ., 2011. 205 p. (In Russian).
- Lvova S.V., Arakelyan K.A. Development of imagination and creativity of younger schoolchildren in the context of additional education. Scientific review. Series 2. Humanities, Scientific and Analytical Journa, 2018, no. 1, pp. 60-70. (In Russian). EDN: OTKLHN, DOI: 10.26653/2076-4685-2018-1-06
- Melnikova O.V. Lego construction. 5-10 years old. Program, classes. 32 design models. Volgograd, Teacher Publ., 2016. 51 p. (In Russian).
- Romanova E.S., Ryzhov B.N., Kotova O.V. Gender and age features of self-assessment of anthropocentric types of motivation. System psychology and sociology, 2021, no. 4 (40). pp. 5-22. (In Russian). EDN: QWTSDN, DOI: 10.25688/2223-6872.2021.40.4.1
- Romanova E. S., Ryzhov B. N., Kotova O. V. Gender and age features of self-assessment of sociocentric types of motivation. System psychology and sociology, 2021, no. 3 (39), pp. 5-20. (In Russian). EDN: VHZWSC, DOI: 10.25688/2223-6872.2021.39.3.1
- Romanova E.S., Abushkin B.M. Value-semantic orientation of the personality of students as a factor in the development of their personal potential. Systemic Psychology and Sociology, 2019, no. 4 (32), pp. 5–17. (In Russian). EDN: QTCXJA, DOI: 10.25688/2223-6872.2019.32.4.01
- Sokolova N.A. Pedagogy of additional education of children: studies. Chelyabinsk, Chelyabinsk State Pedagogical University Publ., 2010. 224 p. (In Russian).
- Ivanov A.V., Akhtyan A.G., Vishnyakova V.A. Pedagogical conditions for developing a sense of responsibility in adolescents and youth. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 2018, vol. 9. no. 11. pp. 1809–1821. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36463851
- Lvova S.V., Rychikhina E.N., Fanina Y.N. Issues of modern family institution affected by media environment. Convocatoria Apuntes Universitarios. Journal of Research Apuntes Universitarios, 2021, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 17-27. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17162/au.v11i3.710
- Romanova E.S., Abushkin B., Ovcharenko L.Yu., Socialization factors of schoolchildren: psychological aspect. Astra Salvensis,2018, vol. 6, no. S, pp. 299-309. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36126468
- Romanova E.S., Shilova T.A., Arzumanov Yu.L., Impairment of cognitive sphere among adolescents with a family history of alcoholism. Espacios, 2019, vol. 40, no. 36, pp. 1-12. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43225670
For citation: Lvova S.V. Additional education at school as an individual educational space for children and adolescents. CITISE, 2023, no. 2, pp. 274-288. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.2.23