Asimova S.N., Adelmurzina I.F., Nazmeeva I.V.. Bakieva E.V., Arslanov A.S.
THE ROLE OF SCHOOL COURSES OF PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY IN THE FORMATION OF INTEREST IN THE STUDY OF THEIR REGION
Asimova S.N.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – email@example.com, Adelmurzina I.F.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Nazmeeva I.V.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – email@example.com, Bakieva E.V.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Arslanov A.S.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
1Ufa University of Science and Technology
Abstract. Nowadays, more and more people are realizing the need to study their environment and the importance of preserving it for future generations. The study of physical geography, a science that studies natural processes on Earth, is an important step in this direction. School courses in physical geography play an important role in the formation of interest in the study of their region. Physical geography courses not only help students understand and explain natural processes, but also contribute to the development of analytical and observational skills, which is necessary for successful work in any sphere of life. In addition, the study of physical geography can also contribute to the formation of ecological thinking and responsible attitude to the environment. One of the key components of physical geography courses is the study of local attractions and natural objects. This helps students better understand and appreciate the uniqueness of their region, as well as understand the importance of its preservation and protection. The spiritual and moral formation of children and youth, their preparation for independent life is the most important component of the development of society and the state. During the period of social transformations in modern Russian society, the formation of value-based ideological foundations of education, ensuring the continuity of generations of Russians on the basis of public consent, in the spirit of forming a culture of peace and tolerance, are becoming relevant. Schoolchildren have a predominant consumer attitude to nature. The reason for this is a decrease in emotional coloring when submitting educational material. They help students not only to understand natural processes, but also to realize the importance of their preservation and protection for future generations. Therefore, from my point of view, in the lessons it is necessary to pay attention to the beauty of nature, develop a sense of beauty, form aesthetic taste, the ability to appreciate the beauty and richness of native nature. In these conditions, the role of geography in the education of personality is especially increasing. Geographical education is a reliable basis for the education of a diligent owner of his country and the Earth as a common home of mankind. The study of the native land and its culture is important for the formation of patriotic feelings and civic identity among the younger generation. However, in order to be interested in studying your region, you need to have basic knowledge about the geography of the area. School courses in physical geography play an important role in the formation of such knowledge and interest in the edge.
Keywords: geography, school course, native land, local history, physical geography, educational process.
- Adelmurzina I.F., Latypova Z.B., Nazmeeva Integration of media education in geography lessons in modern school. CITISE, 2022, no. 4, pp. 238-249. (In Russian). DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.4.23
- Ashimova G.E., Ashimova E.E. The role of the regional component in the educational process as a means of increasing the intellectual level of students in fostering love for their native land. vol. 2. Chelyabinsk, South Ural State University Publ., 2019. pp. 43-51. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43805372
- Akhmieva R.B., Gaysumova L.D., Chataeva M.Zh. Cartographic material in the study of geographical disciplines at the university and school. Scientific opinion, 2015, no. 4-2, pp. 93-97. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23603942
- Bigildina E.R., Bakieva E.V., Sultanova R.M. Features of modern geography textbooks and the possibility of their use in Russian schools. CITISE, 2022, no. 3 (33), pp.422-433.
- Vorobieva O.V., Khizbullina R.Z., Sattarova G.A. Features of the formation of natural science knowledge in modern school. Modern problems of science and education, 2017, no. 2, pp. 145. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29036214
- Gittis M.S. Chelyabinsk region. Entertaining geography in questions and answers. Chelyabinsk, ABRIS Publ., 2017. 175 p.
- Gorbatova O.N. Methods of teaching geography. Barnaul, Altai State University Publ., 2014. 242 p. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24259892
- Egorychev A.M. Education in the Information Age: Traditions, Innovations, Priorities. Actual Problems of Philology and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages, 2021, vol. 15, pp. 120-130. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45663099
- Egorychev A.M., Akhtyan A.G. National culture and the system of domestic vocational education: integration as an opportunity for effective development. Uchenye zapiski RSSU, 2016, vol. 15, no. 6 (139), pp. 78-85. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28823511
- Ibragimova Z.F., Kostromina D.A., Saifullin I.Yu. Organization of natural history excursions to collect a digital herbarium. Astrakhan Bulletin of Environmental Education, 2021, no. 2 (62), pp. 155-165. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.36698/2304-5957-2021-2-155-165
- Kravchenko A.P. Education of tolerance among students in the study of geography. Krasnoyarsk, Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University named after V.P. Astafieva Publ., 2021. pp. 234-236. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46553446
- Kropacheva I.V. Development of cognitive interest in geography lessons. Yekaterinburg, Ural State Pedagogical University Publ., 2017. pp. 175-176. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32606482
- Mukhametkulova S.F. Formation of love for the nature of the native land through search and research activities. Cheboksary, Expert Methodological Center Publ., 2018. pp. 117-119. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35265897
- Pavlova L.Yu. The choice of educational technologies, methods and techniques in teaching geography. Blagoveshchensk: Blagoveshchensk State Pedagogical University Publ., 2015. pp. 77-81. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24402259
- Natural and social complex as a condition for the development of natural science and geographical education. Kirov, Old Vyatka Publ., 2019. 92 p. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36994188
- Saidmuratova F.A. Possibilities of using non-traditional teaching methods in teaching geography. World Science, 2020, no. 6 (39), pp. 344-346. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43816208
- Saifullin I.Yu., Saifullina E.N., Inozemtseva D.N. Organization of tourist routes in a protected area (on the example of the Zigalga National Park). Astrakhan Bulletin of Environmental Education, 2022, no. 3(69), pp. 71-78. (In Russian). EDN: EPWFNG, DOI: 10.36698/2304-5957-2022-3-57-71-78
- Tukhvatullina F.G. Education of love for the native land is the basis of patriotic education. Mari local history: experience and development prospects, 2020, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 169-170. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44204528
- Khizbullina R.Z., Adelmurzina I.F., Yakimov M.S. Conducting field research with students to study natural-territorial complexes. Proceedings of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Social, humanitarian, medical and biological sciences, 2019, vol. 21. no. 64, pp. 43-48. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37711396
- Khizbullina R.Z., Bakieva E.V., Galkin A.V. Using the capabilities of google-maps in the study of interesting natural objects in the discipline “tourism geography“. Proceedings of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Social, humanitarian, medical and biological sciences, 2019, vol. 21, no. 67, pp. 48-57. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39545147
For citation: Asimova S.N., Adelmurzina I.F., Nazmeeva I.V., Bakieva E.V., Arslanov A.S. The role of school courses of physical geography in the formation of interest in the study of their region. CITISE, 2023, no. 2, pp. 212-225. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.2.18