Kovshikova E.V., Shindryaeva I.V., Prikhodko O.V.
THE CONFLICT BETWEEN THE TEACHER AND THE STUDENT’S PARENTS: COMMUNICATIVE ASPECTS
Kovshikova E.V.1 (Volgograd, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Shindryaeva I.V.1 (Volgograd, Russian Federation) – email@example.com, Prikhodko O.V.2 (Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org
1Volgograd Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation
2Siberian Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation
Abstract. The article is devoted to the study of the transformation of the conflict behavior of the subjects of education in the conditions of changing communicative practices.
The contradiction between the educational and educational systems of the family and the school is a source of conflicts that can be overcome exclusively through the communication «Teacher – Parent». This circumstance implies the need for a comprehensive study of the characteristics and specifics of such communication, as well as the identification of factors of its conflictogenicity. Based on an interpretive analysis of the texts of complaints from parents of students about the actions of school teachers and a sociological survey of teachers about the problems of communication with parents of students, the authors found that the communication «Teacher – Parent» has all the signs of an official business discourse. It refers to institutional forms of communication and meets certain social rules and ritualized framework of functioning. Communication «Teacher – Parent» in situational terms is characterized as follows: it is sanctioned and carried out in a normative standard situation (standard in this case means unified forms of communication peculiar to the administrative environment (for example: parent meeting, teacher’s conversation with parents, parent’s complaint to the educational management or child protection structures, etc.). Communication «Teacher – Parent» takes place in a status-marked situation (situations of social, socio-situational and situational inequality). In the circumstances of communication «Teacher – Parent» aorait highlighted the tone of communication (formality, joking, solemnity), the purpose and result of communication, communication channel (written / oral, indirect / personal, protocol / without fixation, etc.), as well as chronotopic characteristics of communication (place, time, conditions of communication). The specific features of the communication «Teacher – Parent» include the following signs that are in the field of norm: thematically, it often uses microtemes of the private life of the student and his family; it can be carried out in a non-standard and non-normative situation; participants can vary situational statuses in the process of communication to achieve their own goals, use different tonality and non-standard chronotope. Communication «Teacher – Parent» increases the potential of conflictogenicity in the following cases: participants clumsily vary each other’s situational statuses, which leads to their collision; the teacher ignores the influence of the chosen tonality and chronotope on the effectiveness of communication; participants do not take into account each other’s communicative goals; participants do not know how to switch subcodes, etc.
Keywords: educational organization, conflict behavior, teacher, parent, communication.
- Amirgamzaeva D.N. Conflicts at school and teacher’s conflict competence. Izvestiya of the Dagestan State Pedagogical University. Psychological and pedagogical sciences, 2008, no. 1 (2), pp. 53-56. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=10120260
- Bashmakova E.A. Practical ways to overcome conflicts in the triad “parents-children-teachers”. ASOU Conference: a collection of scientific papers and materials of scientific and practical conferences, 2015, no. 44, pp. 1407-1413. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26374597
- Voronyuk Yu.V. Challenges of our time: online interaction between teachers and parents. Continuity in education, 2021, no. 28 (3), pp. 484-494. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45726370
- Zelensky N.D., Nikolaeva A.A. Influence of expectations on the choice of behavior strategy in the situation “parent-teacher”. Educational resources and technologies, 2018, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 328-332. (In Russian). DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1419229
- Kovshikova E.V., Shindryaeva I.V., Gulyaeva E.V. Pedagogical components of the professional activity of a university teacher: a comprehensive analysis. Kazan, Fatherland Publ., 2019. 420 p. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39182401
- Kuzmina K.E. Conflicts with parents in modern school: new realities. Socio-psychological problems of mentality mentality, 2015, no. 1, pp. 56-66. (In Russian). DOI: 10.35785/978-5-88018-646-4-2021-17-56-66
- Kurgansky S.M. Parent and teacher: conflict or cooperation. Public education, 2015, no. 1, pp. 199-206. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22965844
- Morozikova I.V. Conflicts in the “teacher-parent student” system: the basics of psychological and pedagogical support. Personality in space and time, 2019, no. 8, pp. 131-136. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39267184
- Nikolaeva A.A., Kazachkina Yu.Yu. Reorganization in the field of education and pedagogical conflicts. Bulletin of Science and Practice, 2018, no. 3, pp. 70-75. (In Russian). DOI: 10.21777/2500-2112-2018-3-70-75
- Norseeva E.L. The project “School for parents” as an effective form of cooperation between school and family. Bulletin of pedagogical experience, 2019, no. 44, pp. 41-44. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39267184
- Polyakova L.V., Kodzhaspirov A.Yu. Features of value-motivational conflicts among students of a pedagogical university. CITISE, 2022, no. 2, pp. 388-403. (In Russian). DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.2.34
- Pronina I.N. The main directions of joint activities of teachers and parents in a modern school. Bulletin of the Kostroma State University named after N.A. Nekrasov. Series: Pedagogy. Psychology. Social work. Juvenology. Sociokinetics, 2008, no. 3, pp. 140-145. (In Russian).
- Rolandas B. Designing strategies for legal education at school from the point of view of students, parents of students and teachers. Potential of modern science, 2016, no. 3, pp. 138-152. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25918693
- Stepanova O.S., Nikolaeva A.A. Study of the nature of conflicts between parents and teachers in an educational organization. Pedagogy and education, 2020, no. 4, pp. 1-17. DOI: 10.7256/2454-0676.2020.4.30961
- Suleimenova G., Frolovskaya M.N. Peculiarities of “teacher-student-parent” interaction in a modern school. Proceedings of young scientists of the Altai State University, 2013, no. 1,pp. 334-337. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21948437
- Shindryaeva, I.V. Organizational communications in the enterprise management system. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2019. ID. 012059. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38665508
Kovshikova E.V., Shindryaeva I.V., Prikhodko O.V. The conflict between the teacher and the student’s parents: communicative aspects. CITISE, 2022, no. 4, pp. 396-406. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.4.37