Chernyaeva E.V., Derbina S.V., Selivanova V.V., Kozhevnikova I.D., Vasiliev K.V.
THEORETICAL ASPECTS OF THE USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES IN TEACHING A FOREIGN LANGUAGE IN UNIVERSITIES OF THE TRANSPORT INDUSTRY
Chernyaeva E.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Derbina S.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Selivanova V.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Kozhevnikova I.D.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Vasiliev K.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation
Abstract. The article is devoted to the study of the theoretical aspects of the use of information and communication technologies in teaching a foreign language in the universities of the transport industry. It is known that the ability for complex communicative interaction within the professional community, which includes graduating and linguistic departments of technical universities, is a necessary condition for the success of a specialist in the field of innovative technologies. In the context of foreign language education at a technical university, this condition is reflected as a requirement for the formation of the ability to use a foreign language in the professional field. In this regard, traditional tasks aimed at independent study, in the form of preparing reports and abstracts, are gradually losing their relevance, and even replacing them with more creative ones – preparing presentations, for example – does not solve the problem in a complex, since in this case it is also required an additional temporary resource for their verification. Accordingly, the question arises of using fundamentally new technologies for organizing students’ independent work, taking into account the above provisions (disadvantages). Thus, the traditional approach to learning, which has been the main means of interaction with learners for many years, is giving way to e-learning. The results of the study allow us to say that the use of information technology in teaching a foreign language is one of the key aspects of improving and optimizing the educational process, enriching the arsenal of methodological tools and techniques that allow diversifying the forms of work with students, will create conditions for active learning and allow the university to switch to a qualitatively different level of teaching, which in turn will become a guarantee of increasing the competitive advantages of its graduates.
Keywords: professional training, transport sphere, language competence, professional competencies, language training, information and communication technologies, aviation English.
- Belovodskaya I.I. Modern trends in optimizing and improving the educational process in modern universities. Scientific and methodological electronic journal “Concept”, 2017, vol. 3, pp. 179-183. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29916324
- Vasyaeva M.V. Tasks for the development of foreign language professional and business communication skills. Ufa, Aeterna Publ., 2020, pp. 183-185. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44338896
- Varlamova E.Yu., Marina A.N. Sociocultural development of personality in the process of its preparation for intercultural communication. CITISE, 2019, no. 1 (18), pp. 8-8. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37292581
- Varlamova E.Yu. Organization of extracurricular work of bachelors in the process of foreign language professional training based on the ethno-cultural approach. Uchenye zapiski Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo sotsial’nogo universiteta, 2017, vol.16, no. 3 (142), pp. 175-182. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=3074533
- Volenko O.I., Chernyaeva E.V. Modeling in teaching a foreign language as a socio-professional phenomenon. Secondary vocational education, 2015, no. 7, pp. 54-59. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23885888
- Voevoda E.V., Chernyaeva E.V. Professional and linguistic training in institutions of additional professional education of civil aviation. CITISE, 2017, no. 4 (13), pp. 17. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32336966
- Egorychev A.M. Modern Higher School: True Goals and Tasks in the Information Technology Era. Uchenye zapiski Rossiiskoi gosudarstvennogo sotsial’nogo universiteta, 2017, no. 3, pp. 108-115. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30745330
- Eliseev B.P. Actual problems and tasks of high school science. To the 50th anniversary of MSTU GA. Scientific Bulletin of MSTU GA, 2021, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 8-24. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.26467/2079-0619-2021-24-2-8-24
- Zimina M.V., Lyulyaeva N.A. The use of information and communication technologies in teaching foreign languages. Modern problems of science and education, 2017, no. 4, pp. 150-150. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32663172
- Kozhevnikova I.D. Application of methods of practice-oriented teaching of a foreign language in the formation of readiness for professional communication among future specialists in the transport industry. Colloquium-Jorurnal, 2019, no. 19-4 (43), pp. 17-19. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41102069
- Mardakhaev L.V., Egorychev A.M., Mallaev D.M. Organization of the educational process at the university based on the requirements for a teacher in a multicultural environment. Science for Education Today, 2019, no. 2, pp. 23-35. (In Russian). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15293/2658-6762.1902.02
- Prudko T.V. New approaches in teaching and learning: learning through dialogue. Bulletin of scientific conferences, 2019, no. 12-1 (52), pp. 96-97. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42440488.
- Romanova M.Yu., Grigorieva E.N. Analysis of modern teaching materials in English for the implementation of the technology of collective learning in teaching dialogue. Cheboksary: ChGPU im. AND I. Yakovleva Publ., 2020, pp. 277-282. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43059985
- Fedoseeva I.A. Theoretical approaches to building a strategy for the development of higher education. Social pedagogy, 2015, no. 1, pp. 72-74. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23602025
- Fedoseeva I.A. The crisis of humanitarian education and its consequences. Smalta, 2021, no. 1, pp. 30-37. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45541278
- Khakimova A.A., Mikhaleva L.V. Using the MOODLE learning management system to organize and conduct control in teaching English. Language and Culture, 2012, no. 2 (18), pp. 115-122. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17797456
- Kholod N.I., Nyrova V.A. The role of communicative exercises in teaching a foreign language. Yaroslavl, Yaroslavl State Pedagogical University. K.D. Ushinsky Publ, 2020, pp. 174-178. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43946683
- Baker D.L., Basaraba D.L., Polanco P. Connecting the Present to the Past: Furthering the Research on Bilingual Education and Bilingualism. Review of Research in Education, 2016, vol. 40, pp. 821–883. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3102/0091732X16660691
Chernyaeva E.V., Derbina S.V., Selivanova V.V., Kozhevnikova I.D., Vasiliev K.V. Theoretical aspects of the use of information and communication technologies in teaching a foreign language in universities of the transport industry. CITISE, 2022, no. 1, pp.358-368. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.1.31