PECULIARITIES OF PROFESSIONAL SELF-DETERMINATION OF PERSONALITY: THE PROBLEM OF THE SUBJECT POSITION
Shlyapina S.F.1 (Tyumen, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Northern Trans-Urals SAU
Abstract. The article describes the features of professional self-determination of first-year university students. In particular, such aspects as the influence of parents, professional abilities, locus of control. Professional self-determination is a complex phenomenon that includes values and motivation, cognitive and operational components. The process of professional self-determination occurs due to the mechanisms of personality development – personalization, reflection, stereotyping. Obviously, the effectiveness of professional self-determination is largely determined by the active position of the subject. Meanwhile, the choice of an optician is influenced by the opinion of parents, irresponsibility, ignorance of professional abilities. The article presents the theoretical foundations of the issue and the practical study of the foundations for professional self-determination of first-year students. The analysis of literature sources and methods of psychological diagnostics were used as research methods. The diagnostic results showed that some of the respondents did not take into account their professional abilities and external locus of control when choosing a vocational training trajectory. Based on the results of the study, recommendations were given for enhancing the professional self-determination of students.
Keywords: professional self-determination, subject position, parent-child relationship, locus of control.
- Garna A.C., Morinb A.J.S.. University students’ use of motivational regulation during one semester. Learning and Instruction, 2021, vol. 74. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.learninstruc.2020.101436
- Gogitsaeva O.U., Nebezheva A.V., Shibzukhova D. A. Child-parent relations and adolescent self-esteem. Baltic Humanitarian Journal, 2018, no. 3 (24), pp.183-186. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36237892
- Gorbunova G. A. Psychological support of choosing a profession at different age stages. Proceedings of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2011, no. 2-1, pp. 101-105. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=16514741
- Vardanyan V. A., Rusyaev A. P. The essence and structure of readiness for professional self-determination of adolescents. The world of science. pedagogy and psychology, 2019, no.5, pp.1-7. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41827472
- Ekimova E. Yu. To the problem of formation of individual and social subjectivity of youth. Almanac of modern science and education, 2008. no.10 (17), pp. 61-63. (In Russian).
- Zeer E.F. Theoretical and applied foundations of psychology of professional development. Monograph. Yekaterinburg, 2015. 193 p. (In Russian).
- Ignatiev V.P. Oppositions and antinomies of modern educational reality. Higher education in Russia, 2021, vol. 30(3), pp. 128-141. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31992/0869-3617-2021-30-3-87-103
- Karlsson T., Muhrman, K., Nyström S.A Path Towards a Possible Future – Adult Students’ Choice of Vocational Education. Vocations and Learning, 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12186-021-09280-6
- Meshcheryakova I.N., Demets E.G. Features of professional self-determination in adolescence. Problems of modern pedagogical education, 2020. no. 66-4, pp. 329-332. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42654692
- Mitina L.M. Psychology of personal and professional development of a person in the modern socio-cultural space. The Humanitarian Bulletin of the L.N. Tolstoy TSPU, 2015, no. 3(15), pp. 79-86. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25449646
- Pryazhnikov N.S. Almazova O.V., Churbanova S.M. Career guidance in the system of social volunteering. National Psychological Journal, 2017, no1(25), pp. 45-55. (In Russian). DOI: 10.11621/npj.2017.0106
- Slesareva E. A., Mikhailova S. Yu., Zadokhina N. V. Professional-role self-determination of personality. Bulletin of the Moscow University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, 2019, no. 2, pp. 264-268. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37751266
- Taxokhov B. A. Pedagogicheskoe soprovojdenie Vibora professii uchatshimisya starshix klassov. Problems of modern teacher education, 2021, no. 70-1, pp. 282-286. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45738784
- Troyan I.A., Kravchenko L.A. The modern paradigm and components for the modernization of higher education. Education and Self Development, 2021, vol. 16(3), pp. 100-114. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46683832
- Frolova, E.V., Rogach, O.V., Ryabova, T.M. Digitalization of education in modern scientific discourse: New trends and risks analysis. European Journal of Contemporary Education, 2020, vol. 9(2), pp. 331-336. DOI: 10.13187/ejced.2020.2.313
- Chirkina, T., Khavenson, T., Pinskaya, M., Zvyagintsev, R. Factors of student resilience obtained from timss and pisa longitudinal studies. Issues in Educational Research, 2020, vol. 30(4), pp. 1245-1263.
Shlyapina S.F. Peculiarities of professional self-determination of personality: the problem of the subject position. CITISE, 2021, no. 4, pp.531-540. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.4.49