Kargapolova E.V., Davydova Y.A., Ivleva M.I., Aksyutina I.V.
EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS IN THE VIEWS OF GRADUATES OF MOSCOW UNIVERSITIES (BASED ON THE RESULTS OF STRATEGIC SESSIONS)
Kargapolova E.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Davydova Y.A.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – email@example.com, Ivleva M.I.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Aksyutina I.V.2 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
1Plekhanov Russian University of Economics
2MIREA Russian Technological University
Abstract. The article presents the results of the analysis of the ideas of Moscow university students about the prospects of employment. On the basis of strategic sessions with the use of game techniques among graduates (that is, students who have defended their final qualifying work and are completing their studies at the university), contradictions are recorded in the ideas of ideal work among young people – between the desired and the real, personal and public, freedom and necessity, career ambitions and an assessment of their own capabilities. It is shown that only every fourth graduate of Moscow universities is ready to leave for employment from the capital to another region under appropriate conditions. Young people have a request to work in an office, but with a flexible work schedule. The instability of the status disposition “leader – subordinate” is noted. Most are willing to be subordinates with the prospect of career growth. The creation of your own business is also postponed for the long term. The horizon of team building is 7-8 people. The ideas of normal relations in labor collectives (friendly, but not fraternal) correspond to the Russian mentality. The willingness of the majority to work on routine work is also recorded. Not everyone and not always can generate ideas and work in the conditions of innovation. It is shown that the graduate reflects his responsibility for success in employment, relying primarily on his own strength. But he needs emotional support, as he estimates his chances in the labor market quite low.
Keywords: labor self-determination, employment, university graduate, students, strategic session.
- Golovina N.N., Khabibullina F.Ya. Support of professional choice of graduates in the conditions of cooperation of the lyceum and the reference university of the region. Bulletin of the Mari State University, 2022, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 21-33. (In Russian). DOI: 10.30914/2072-6783-2022-16-1-21-33
- Danilova E.N. Professional orientation of students as an element of educational activity in the process of personnel training in the field of jurisprudence. Bulletin of the Tyumen State Institute of Culture, 2017, no. 2(8), pp. 59-61. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46190704
- Evseev V.O., Pushkareva N.N. The influence of the standard of living on the components of the ideological potential of youth. CITISE, 2022, no. 4(34), pp. 579-589. (In Russian). DOI: 10.15350/2409-7616.2022.4.52
- Evseev V.O., Pushkareva N.N. Features of economic behavior when choosing a higher educational institution. CITISE, 2022, no. 4(34), pp. 7-20. (In Russian). DOI: 10.15350/2409-7616.2022.4.01
- Kondratieva O.G., Sergeev I.S. Professional orientation and promotion of professional self-regulation: the Illinois identity. Development of modern education: theory, methodology and practice, 2015, no. 3(5), pp. 135-140. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24930977
- Kuzub E.V. Professional orientation as a way to increase the competitiveness of young professionals in the labor market. Economics and entrepreneurship, 2017, no. 2-2(79), pp. 759-765. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28930132
- Makarova A.V. Individual professional and educational trajectory of a university student in the context of digitalization: trends and experience of self-determination support. Ivanovo, Ivanovo State University Publ., 2019, pp. 104-111. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41277879
- Markov D.I. What is an ideal job and how to get a job: career as a form of success in students’ ideas. Social space, 2021, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 1-18. (In Russian). DOI: 10.15838/sa.2021.5.32.3
- Papandopulo O.A. Professional orientation of young people as a factor of effective development of the labor market. Sociodynamics, 2023, no. 4, pp. 44-53. EDN: UZZEFG, DOI: 10.25136/2409-7144.2023.4.37162
- Khuzyakhmetov R.R., Romashkina G.F. Student employability skills: development strategies. Higher education in Russia, 2022, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 69-83. (In Russian). EDN: DMVFSH, DOI: 10.31992/0869-3617-2022-31-3-69-83
- Shaulska L.V., Yakymova N.S. Regulation of professional and educational trajectories of youth in the context of social responsibility of the state. Manager. Bulletin of the Donetsk State University of Management, 2013, no. 3(65), pp. 195-203. (In Ukrainian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21006746
- Karacha-Atik A., Miviss M., Gorgievski M. Disclosure of important skills of the 21st century for sustainable career growth of graduates of social sciences: a systematic review. Review of educational research, 2023, vol. 39, Id 100528. DOI: 10.1016/j.edurev.2023.100528
- Lenzinka M. Self-education – old problems, new challenges. Educational Psychology, 2019, vol. 16, pp. 129-143. DOI: 10.5604/01.3001.0013.6369
- Mihai O. Self-education and lifelong learning. International E-journal of Advances in Social Sciences, 2021, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 1-4. DOI: 10.18769/ijasos.877846
- TemnikovA L.B., Temnikov V.I. Professional orientation in research of russian and foreign practices. Professional orientation of youth. Krasnodar, Kuban State Technological University Publ., 2022. pp. 429-434. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=48596820
For citation: Kargapolova E.V., Davydova Y.A., Ivleva M.I., Aksyutina I.V. Employment prospects in the views of graduates of Moscow universities (based on the results of strategic sessions). CITISE, 2023, no. 4, pp. 187-199. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.4.18