INDEPENDENT WORK AS A FACTOR OF FORMATION OF STUDENTS’ SELF-EDUCATION SKILLS [In English]
Pugacheva S.A.1 (St. Petersburg, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org
1Saint Petersburg University of the Ministry of the Interior of Russia
Abstract. The system of higher professional education of the XXI century is focused on the socio-cultural development of personality in the information environment, training of highly educated, competent specialists who know the techniques and methods of independent search and selection of necessary information. The article focuses on a set of pedagogical conditions in the process of self-education as a part of the system of continuous education. The increasing role of self-education in connection with the use of productive teaching methods is noted. The article presents the change of education model from “teaching” – “a person is taught” to self-education “self-directed education”. The author analyses the works of Russian and foreign scientists and teachers on the issue of organisation and means of increasing the effectiveness of independent work of students. The author presents his own definition of “independent work” based on andragogical and humanitarian-anthropological principles. The programme for a special course in a foreign language for self-training of students is developed. This special course includes practical lessons, methodical recommendations for cadets to activate their self-educational activity. The main task of the special course is to form the ability to independently master knowledge, master the skills of self-control and reflection.
Keywords: Independence, andragogical educational environment, humanitarian-anthropological approach, independent work, organisation of independent activity, activation of self-education, information and educational resources, individual trajectory.
- Pavlova I.N., Yankina N.V. Factors affecting the efficiency of students’ independent work. Global Scientific Potential, 2023, no. 4 (145), pp. 40-42. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=54018296
- Agapova T.V., Khudolei N.V. Methods of organizing control and independent work of non-linguistic university students. Krasnoyarsk, Krasnoyarsk State Agrarian University Publ., 2022, pp. 258-261. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=49709689
- Norbekov F.N. Independent work of students at the university. Bulletin of science and education, 2020, no. 20-2 (98), pp. 64-66. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44298279
- Norbekova R.U. The role of independent work of students in the educational process. Bulletin of science and education, 2020, no. 20-2 (98), pp. 67-69. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44298280
- Madraimova N.S. Organization and methodological support of independent work of students. Bulletin of Osh State Pedagogical University named after A.Myrsabekov, 2021, no. 2 (18), pp. 229-232. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=49509954
- Pajzullaev E.N. Independent work as one of the forms of organization of the educational process in teaching a foreign language. Young scientist, 2023, no. 17 (464), pp. 123-127. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=53327342
- Yarmatova D.A. Student’s independent work in study foreign languages in the university. Science and World, 2020, no. 5-2 (81), pp. 70-71. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43842105
- Shamova T.I., Tret’jakov P.I., Kapustin N.P. Management of educational systems. Moscow, Vlados Publ., 2001. 319 p. (In Russian).
- Mahmutov M.I. Development of cognitive activity and independence of pupils in schools of Tatarstan. Soviet pedagogy. 1963. no. 5. pp. 56-62. (In Russian).
- Ustelimova N.A., Mussina S.K., Kassenova A.B. Self-work study as the leading form of student activity in the modern educational process. Contemporary problems of the humanities and social sciences, 2021, no. 5 (37), pp. 131-137. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47365689
- Khanzhina T.V. Types of organizing independent work in a foreign language in a military university. Student Self-study Management in Foreign Language, 2022, no. 5, pp. 215-219. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=48842973
- Sibirjakova Ju.V. Self-education as one of the possible educational strategies in modern Russia. Social transformations, 2022, no. 33, pp. 153-159. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=50434915
- Rubinshtejn S.L. Foundations of general psychology. St. Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2000. 712 p. (In Russian).
- Mazunova L.K., Kudrjavceva E.L. The mission of formation/education of the 21st century – to teach the person to life long self-education. Pedagogical Journal of Bashkortostan, 2019, no. 6 (85), pp. -26. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41807063
- Pidkasistyj P.I. Independent cognitive activity of schoolchildren in learning. Moscow, Prosveshhenie Publ., 1980. 240 p. (In Russian).
- Esipov B.P. Self-dependent work of students during the lesson. Moscow, Uchpedgiz Publ., 1961. 239 p. (In Russian).
- Slobodchikov V.I. Learning to think, in itself, is an art. Pedagogy, 2021, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 124-127. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44821774
For citation: Pugacheva S.A. Independent work as a factor of formation of students’ self-education skills. CITISE, 2023, no. 3, pp. 515-521. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.3.43