Sergeeva L.A., Sergeev S.V.
DYNAMICS OF INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION IN THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION FROM 2013 TO 2022
Abstract. The transformation of the Russian economy on market principles, in the formally proclaimed goals of improving and increasing production efficiency, increasing the well-being of the country’s population, ultimately led to an unprecedented collapse in industrial production and, one might say, to tectonic changes in the structure of the Russian economy as a whole, which can be assessed at least as very ambiguous. Fundamental changes in the process of managing the country’s economic life led, among other things, to the refusal to develop principles of industrial policy and rely on private initiative. At present, the need to strengthen state regulation measures at all levels of economic functioning in order to advance innovative and technological development, stimulate structural transformation and ensure sustainable economic growth is becoming increasingly apparent. The article presents, describes and analyzes the dynamics of industrial production indicators for the period from 2013 to 2022, shows the impact of fluctuations in industrial production indicators on the state of the economy as a whole, including trends in the amount of gross domestic product (GDP) in Russia. Based on the assumption that the dynamics of industrial production is decisive for GDP growth, the correlation of GDP dynamics and changes in industrial production for the period from 2013 to 2022 using correlation analysis methods (calculation of the Pearson correlation coefficient) is considered. The initial hypothesis about the significant impact of changes in industrial production on the dynamics of Russia’s GDP was confirmed. The calculations and analysis showed the decisive role of industrial production in the process of ensuring steady economic growth in Russia in order to increase the well-being of citizens and the real sovereignty of the country.
Keywords: gross domestic product, industry, material production, national economy, industrial production, industry, economic growth.
- Aliev Sh.Kh. Akhmatova L.S. Comparative analysis of the development of industrial production in the regions of the Russian Federation. Modern problems of science and education, 2015, no. 2-3, pp. 139. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25026718
- Grishkov V.F. Confrontation between Russia and the “collective West”: impact on industrial production. Theory and practice of service: economics, social sphere, technologies, 2023, no. 1 (55), pp. 21-26. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=50475677
- Dynamics of the development of industrial production in the Russian Federation: a statistical review. Economic Research, 2016, no. 2, pp. 5. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26255580
- Zhdanova T.A., Zhdanova N.M. Factors for assessing the level of economic security of industry in the constituent entity of the Russian Federation. CITISE, 2022, no. 1(31), pp. 52-66. (In Russian). EDN: ZYFGZZ, DOI: 10.15350/2409-7616.2022.1.05
- Kaukin A.S., Miller E.M. Dynamics of industrial production in January-February 2021. Economic development of Russia, 2021, no. 4, pp. 10-14. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45719642
- Kotlyarova S.N., Lavrikova Yu.G., Averina L.M. The role of localization of industrial production in the policy of import substitution. Economic and social changes: facts, trends, forecast, 2017, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 115-127. (In Russian). EDN: ZSQITN, DOI: 10.15838/esc.2017.5.53.8
- Lukovnikova N.S. On the role of industrial development and territorial planning of Russian regions. Bulletin of the Moscow University named after S.Yu. Witte.. Series 1: Economics and Management, 2021, no. 3(38), pp. 74-81. (In Russian). EDN: TFZNJV, DOI: 10.21777/2587-554X-2021-3-74-81
- Nadzhafova M.N. On the impact of the pandemic on the development of industrial production in the regions. Bulletin of the Kursk State Agricultural Academy, 2021, no. 8, pp. 141-147. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47324386
- Popov A.S. The essence and content of the role of the potential of industrial production at the stage of import substitution. Taganrog, Don State Technical University Publ., 2017. pp. 115-118. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29820251
- Rybalkina Z.M., Tuskov A.A. Industrial Development Trends in the Russian Federation. Regional Economics: Theory and Practice, 2018, vol. 16, no. 8(455), pp. 1563-1575. EDN: XUZSEP, DOI: 10.24891/re.16.8.1563
- Sattorkulov O.T., Rakhmatov K.U. The role of industry in innovative development and modernization of the economy. Young scientist, 2015, no. 2 (82), pp. 318-321. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22843715
- Sergeeva L.A., Sergeev S.V. Influence of changes in quotations of individual financial assets on the Russian stock market. Journal of Economic Research, 2019, no. 3, pp. 48-52. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37739653
- Starikov E.N., Evseeva M.V., Naumov I.V. Industrial growth and industry specialization: the impact of state support instruments. Journal of New Economy, 2022, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 86-108. (In Russian). EDN: GZNFED, DOI: 10.29141/2658-5081-2022-23-3-5
- Kharchenko I.S., Kharchenko L.I. Industry as the basis of the national economy. State and municipal management. Scientific notes, 2014, no. 2, pp. 35-45. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21608959
- Goals and principles of monetary policy. Official website of the Bank of Russia. Available at: http://www.cbr.ru/dkp/ (accessed 11 May 2022)
For citation: Sergeeva L.A., Sergeev S.V. Dynamics of industrial production in the Russian Federation from 2013 to 2022. CITISE, 2023, no. 3, pp. 261-268. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.3.22