Likhacheva O.N., Tymchuk E.V.
EDUCATION OF PATRIOTIC SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS IN FOREIGN LANGUAGE CLASSES
Likhacheva O.N.1 (Krasnodar, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Tymchuk E.V.2 (Krasnodar, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
2Kuban State Technological University
Abstract. Modern Russian society has been significantly transformed over the past few decades, and we note that some changes have affected fundamental values, or rather, they have been partially or completely excluded from life in the modern context. Respect for elders has disappeared, etiquette norms are no longer decisive, the Russian language is littered with unnecessary borrowings that lead to a decrease in the status of the state language, the majority of young people have lost their desire to learn, patriotic self-consciousness has turned into a rudiment, and instead of eternal values, European ones have come, causing alertness and bewilderment. For a certain number of years, we were told that everything that is ours is subject to harsh criticism, and everything Western, of course, is of high quality, necessary and effective. A whole generation of young people has grown up, which is deprived of a sense of patriotism, pride in their country. In this context, the upbringing of a patriotic spirit and self-awareness is vital if we want to preserve our identity, culture, language, understand history correctly, have an active life position in the present and subsequently avoid mistakes that can cost future generations dearly. The relevance of the work lies in the urgent need for the formation of patriotic self-consciousness, including by means of a foreign language in modern realities. The subject of the research is the patriotic education of schoolchildren at the present stage. The object of the study is the English language and its potential for the education of patriotism in a modern school. The work can be recommended to teachers of foreign languages, graduate students, students of pedagogical areas and all specialists interested in patriotic education.
Keywords: education, patriotic self-consciousness, development, regional component, country studies, Russian realities, citizenship.
- Tatarintseva N.E. Pedagogical design: history, methodology, organizational and methodological system. Monograph. Rostov-on-Don: Southern Federal University Press Publ., 2019. 150 p. (In Russian).
- Tsarenkova Yu.V. Patriotic education in foreign language lessons. Public lesson. 2008. Available at: https://urok-1sept-ru.turbopages.org/turbo/urok.1sept.ru/s/articles/506871 (accessed 04 February 2023).
- Shestakov Yu.A., Pavlov D.A. Patriotic education in post-Soviet Russia from the perspective of rule-making. News of higher educational institutions. Sociology. Economy, Politics. 2016, no. 3, pp. 59-65. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26726967
- Veremchuk A.S. On the motivation of students as a necessary condition for improving the quality of education. Scientific Review. Pedagogical Sciences, 2020, no. 2, pp. 34-38. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42897036
- Likhacheva O.N. Some features of the modern approach in teaching students of non-linguistic universities a foreign language in the light of communicative competence. Scientific Works of the Kuban State Technological University, 2016, no. 3, pp. 138-143. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25793643
- Likhacheva O.N. To the question of the formation and development of the discursive competence of students of non-linguistic universities in the classroom in a foreign language. Scientific Works of the Kuban State Technological University, 2017, no. 1, pp. 97-104. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29953561
- Belyakova E.G. Zakharova I.G. Interaction of university students with educational content in the information educational environment. Education and science, 2019, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 77-105. (In Russian). URL: http://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37312421
- Byrdina O.N., Yurinova E.A., Dolzhenko S.G. Formation of foreign language professional and communicative competence among students of a pedagogical university through CLIL. Education and Science, 2020, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 71-100. (In Russian). URL: http://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43898804
- Shilovich O.B. Features of teaching humanitarian disciplines in a distance context. Scientific Works of the Kuban State Technological University, 2020, no. 2, pp. 118-125. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43021685
- Shilovich O.B. Features of pedagogical interaction within the framework of a modern technical university. Scientific Works of the Kuban State Technological University, 2020, no. 2, pp. 126-133 (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43021686
- Chernyavskaya V.E. Linguistics of the text: polycode, intertextuality, interdiscursivity. Moscow, Librokom Publ., 2020. 334 p. (In Russian).
- Petrov I.F. Need content of personality: relationship and interdependence. Bulletin of the Kemerovo State University, 2012, no. 2 (50), pp. 167-175. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17760250
- Petrova S.I. Actual problems of studying the social environment. Vestnik IMSIT, 2017, no. 1 (69), pp. 21-23. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29028298
- Afanas’eva I.V. Patterns of organization and methodology of structuring the educational and cognitive process in higher education. Anthropological didactics and education, 2021, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 53-67. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47888201
- Nechaev M.P. Theoretical concepts of education in the development of the educational potential of the educational environment. Anthropological didactics and education, 2021, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 19-34. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=4640888
For citation: Likhacheva O.N., Tymchuk E.V. Education of patriotic self-consciousness in foreign language classes. CITISE, 2023, no. 1, pp. 471-480. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.1.40