QUALITY ASSURANCE OF MEDICAL PERSONNEL TRAINING: A SYSTEMATIC APPROACH
Voronov E.Yu.1 (Astrakhan, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org
1Astrakhan State Medical University
Abstract. The quality of education is the key concept of training specialists in any industry, including medicine, which is due to the direct relationship with the competitiveness of university graduates. Obviously, for this reason, many studies have been devoted to the problem of developing the conceptual apparatus, developing the systems for assessing the quality of education and its practical implementation. However, to date, there is no common understanding of the “quality of education”, the existing quality assessment systems are focused on compliance with the state educational standards. To solve the problems of education quality, we considered it expedient to use the opportunity to create a dynamic model of education quality system within the university based on the system analysis. This approach allowed, firstly, to consider the quality of education as a system consisting of input and output data, subsystems and processes. Secondly, to reveal cause-and-effect relations between the factors influencing the quality of education and, thirdly, to build retrospective and prognostic models of medical education quality dynamics. It has been revealed that the quality of medical education is a function of the dependence of many variables. It was found that the quality of medical education is a function of the dependence of many variables, the most significant influence on the quality of education have indicators of tenure of the teaching staff, the level of their satisfaction with the social support of the employer. The authors propose to implement the developed dynamic model of education quality system in the university in the form of situational center based on objective data analysis, visual presentation of obtained results.
Keywords: quality of medical education, system analysis, dynamic model.
- Yeoh Khay-Guan. The future of medical education. Singapore Med J, 2019, vol. 60(1), pp. 3-8. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11622/smedj.2019003
- Berwick D.M., Finkelstein J.A. Preparing medical students for the continual improvement of health and health care: Abraham Flexner and the new “public interest”. Acad. Med. 2020. vol. 85 (9), рр.56-65. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0b013e3181ead779
- De Seymour J., Chia A., Colega M. Maternal dietary patterns and gestational diabetes mellitus in a multi-ethnic Asian cohort: the GUSTO study. Nutrients, 2016, vol. 8, pp.574. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu8090574
- Kispaeva T.T., Kispaev T.A. Modern trends in medical education: problems and prospects//Medicine and ecology, 2015, no. 4 (77), рр.33-39. (In Russian).
- Avdashkin A.A., Pass A.A. Approaches to the definition of the concept of “quality of education”. Scientific and methodological support for assessing the quality of education, 2018, vol. 2 (5), pp. 21-26. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36531530
- Panasyuk V.P. Quality of education: innovative trends and management. Monograph. Yekaterinburg, Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University Publ., 2018. 2010p. (In Russian).
- Plashchevaya E.V., Ivanchuk O.V. Distance learning in physics of students of medical universities. World of science. Pedagogy and psychology, 2020, no. 6. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44901666
- Mukhopadhyay D.K. Students’ perception of quality of medical education in a medical college in west Bengal, India. Indian J Public Health, 2016, vol. 60(1), pр. 4-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-557X.177256
- Salomov Sh.N. Problems of the quality of education in pedagogical theory and practices: analysis of the terms “quality of education” and “quality of vocational education” Bulletin of the Pedagogical University (Series 2: Pedagogy and psychology, methods of teaching humanitarian and natural disciplines), 2020, no. 4 (4), pp. 101-106. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46658926
- Soni Sanjay, Churasia B.K., Abishek Soni. To study the influence of various parameters on improving the quality of technical education. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 2018, vol. 4, no. 8 (Version 1), pp. 61-69.
- Abidin, N.Z., Zabidi, N.Z., Karim, K.N. System Dynamics Model of Research Performance Among Academic Staff. Journal of Telecommunication, Electronic and Computer Engineering, 2018, vol. 9, pp.121-128.
- Litvinova T., Kasimovskaya N., Petrova V. The internal system for quality assessment of education results at a medical university. Electronic Journal of General Medicine. 2018, vol. 7, pp. 272-278. DOI: https://doi.org/10.29333/ejgm/93173
- Yatsevich N.A. The role of pedagogy in the training of residents. Medical education and university science. Moscow: Publishing House of the First Moscow State Medical University, 2017, vol. 1(9), pp. 38-42. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12731/2658-4034-2022-13-3-56-69
- Ivanchuk O.V. Formation of diagnostic skills in students of medical universities. World of Science. Pedagogy and psychology, 2019, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42596472
- Satretdinova A.Kh. Extracurricular forms of work at the university in the context of multicultural education. Prospects of science, 2022, no. 8 (155), pp. 245-247. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=49549347
For citation: Voronov E.Yu. Quality assurance of medical personnel training: a systematic approach. CITISE, 2023, no. 1, pp. 405-412. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.1.34