RESEARCH WORK AS A MEANS OF ACTIVATION OF SCHOOLCHILDREN’S COGNITIVE ACTIVITY
Dzanagova I.T.1 (Vladikavkaz, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1North Ossetian State University after K.L. Khetagurova
Abstract. The article is devoted to substantiating the role of research activities in improving the educational and cognitive process. The significance of this problem is also reflected in the Federal State Educational Standard for Basic General Education, which indicates that one of the leading areas of training graduates is to develop their ability to carry out research and project activities, readiness to develop and defend the presentation of the process and results of research, subject or an interdisciplinary educational project. Therefore, the problem of organizing an innovative research laboratory, where students will be engaged in research work together with teachers, is one of the most urgent today. In the article, the author proves the thesis that learning based on research activities in modern educational practice is considered as one of the most effective ways of learning about the world. However, involving students in research activities should not be reduced to the obligatory discovery of some new, previously unknown object or phenomenon, since here, first of all, the very process of forming the ability to search, research, comprehend the logic and structure of a scientific experiment is important. The chosen research topic should arouse cognitive interest among students; differ in practical and social orientation; provide for the joint development of a pilot programme; follow the logic and structure of building a scientific categorical apparatus; contribute to raising the general cultural level of students and improving profile education. The results of the study of the problem of introducing schoolchildren to scientific creativity presented in the article confirm the effectiveness of the process of forming the motivation and cognitive activity of students through the organization of research activities, which is aimed at solving the problem as a result of independent actions of students with the obligatory presentation of these results.
Keywords: students, research activities, educational and cognitive activity, creative work, scientific research.
- Abdrakhmanova L.Z. Research activities of schoolchildren as one of the directions for the formation of students’ communicative competence. Domestic and foreign pedagogy, 2016, no. 4 (31), pp. 121-129. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26562327
- Vakhitov R.R., Vakhitova E.S., Khabibulin D.A. Organization of educational, research and project activities in educational institutions in the framework of the implementation of the Federal State Educational Standard. Azimut of Scientific Research: Pedagogy and Psychology, 2020, vol. 9, no. 4 (33), pp. 57-60. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44356564
- Vorontsova I.A., Konstantinidi V.V. The role of research activity in solving the fundamental problems of education: a philosophical aspect. CITISE, 2021, no. 4 (30), pp. 228-237. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47652530
- Yeshchenko I.V. Development of creative talent through research activities. Domestic and foreign pedagogy, 2012, no. 6 (9), pp. 65-71. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18269073
- Konyaev Yu.A., Vakdzhira M.B. Research activity as a pedagogical category. World of science, culture, education. 2012, no. 6 (37), pp. 174-176. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18361304
- Curve M.V. Didactic conditions for the formation of a student’s creative personality in the process of research activity. Almanac of modern science and education, 2014, no. 1 (80). pp. 62-65. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21062949
- Kryzhanovskaya Yu.A. Research activities in the scientific community of students (Section “Informatics”). Modern information technologies and IT education. 2012, no. 8. pp. 850-857. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23020475
- Nazarova I.V. Research activities of students as a way to form communicative competence. Voronezh, Voronezh Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation Publ., 2020. pp. 92-96. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43981242
- Pavlyuk G.N. Method of projects and research activities of students in the study of the initial level of informatics. Methodist. 2011, no. 2, pp. 56-57. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25293232
- Pedan I.V. Research activities of students as a method of educating the cognitive activity of schoolchildren. Actual problems of modern education, 2021, no. 2 (31), pp. 200-207. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46694846
- Petrina Z.I. Research activity of future specialists in the field of physical culture and sports in the process of university training. CITISE, 2020, no. 1 (23), pp. 356-365. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42771135
- Popova N.V. Motivation of teachers for research activities of children. Methodist, 2012, no. 8, pp. 41-42. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25003209
- Slepynina N.S., Samoilova Z.D., Bredikhin A.N. The role of scientific research activity of students in the improvement of personality in the conditions of the development of modern society. Bulletin of scientific conferences, 2017, no. 4-4 (20), pp. 116-118. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29330289
- Khizbullina R.Z., Yakupova L.R., Salemgaraeva L.R., Akhmetshina G.A. The use of interdisciplinary connections in the formation of schoolchildren’s skills for research activities at the lessons of chemistry and geography. CITISE, 2019, no. 4 (21), pp. 262-270. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41385126
- Tsapova S.G. Research activities of students as the basis of creative activity. Didactics of mathematics: problems and research, 2006, no. 26, pp. 146-149. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25522406
- Chentsova S.A. Research activities of students in the lessons of history and in extracurricular activities. Collections of conferences of the Research Center Sociosphere, 2011, no. 41, pp. 188-190. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17840183
- Republican scientific competition for young researchers “Step into the future of Ossetia”. Available at: https://vladikavkaz.bezformata.com/listnews/nauchniy-konkurs-molodih-issledovateley/100099873/ (Accessed 01 February 2022).