Likhacheva O.N., Tymchuk E.V.
CONTRADICTION AND NEGATION IN PHILOLOGY – DIDACTIC APPROACH
Likhacheva O.N.1 (Krasnodar, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, TymchukE.V.2 (Krasnodar, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2Kuban State Technological University
Abstract. Every language has some phenomena common to all of them. One of such aspects is antonymy, which is rather obscure in the language and the reasons for its occurrence and functioning are not always clear. As a linguistic universal, antonymy presupposes the opposite, which, in turn, is a logical-philosophical category. Dealing with the issues of antonymy, we considered it expedient to consider its logical-philosophical aspect, which will contribute to a more complete understanding of it in linguistics. This article examines the philosophical category of opposition and its features when applied to a linguistic phenomenon. The logical basis of antonymic oppositions founded on negation is also revealed. These components help to reveal the essence and typology of antonyms in two different system languages - Russian and English. These are antonyms-conversions, vector antonyms, contrarian and contradictory units. In the academic process, it is very important to support the explanation of these types of antonyms precisely with a logical and philosophical rationale, which will allow the most thorough disclosure of their essence and subsequent functioning in the languages to be studied. Examples are given in a comparative way of the two languages, their similarities and differences are considered, as well as the possible low-quality perception of the specified antonymic phenomenon when teaching foreign languages at the present stage. The relevance of the article lies in the difficulty of adequate and correct perception of English antonymic vocabulary and constructions by students at the present stage. As a result, there is a need for a comparative analysis of antonyms and deepening of the concepts of negation and opposition from the standpoint of philosophy. The subject of the research is the categories of negation and opposition in English and Russian languages. The novelty lies in the development of classifications that streamline the process of perception of this phenomenon by students from the perspective of the English language. The article is recommended to teachers, students, methodologists, researchers, as well as a wide range of people interested in foreign languages and linguistic research in the context of comparative analysis.
Keywords: perception, academic process, antonymy, logical-philosophical aspect, opposite, typology of antonyms, juxtaposition.
- Alisultanova E.D., Tasueva H.Kh. Features and forms of current knowledge control. Bulletin of GGNTU. Humanities and socio-economic sciences, 2019, vol.15, no. 2 (16), pp. 55-61. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42485811
- Belyakova E.G. Zakharova I.G. Interaction of university students with educational content in the information educational environment. Education and Science, 2019, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 77-105. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37312421
- Byrdina O.N., Yurinova E.A., Dolzhenko S.G. Formation of foreign language professional and communicative competence among students of a pedagogical university through CLIL. Education and Science, 2020, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 71-100. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43898804
- Gareev A.A., Shikhova O.F., Shikhov Yu.A. Organization of students’ independent work on the basis of educational blogs. Education and Science, 2018, vol.20, no. 3, pp. 117-139. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32718598
- De Wit H. Evolution of world concepts, trends and challenges in the internationalization of higher education. Education Issues, 2019, no. 2, pp. 8-34. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38246971
- Inozemtseva K.M. Analysis of modern requirements for proficiency in a foreign language by specialists in engineering and technical profiles. Education and Science, 2017, vol.19. no. 6, pp. 71-90. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29459492
- Isaeva M.Z. Implementation of the competence-based approach in distance education. Bulletin of GGNTU. Humanities and socio-economic sciences, 2019, vol.15, no. 1 (15), pp. 68-74. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42468002
- Kazun A.P., Pastukhova L.S. The practice of applying the project teaching method: the experience of different countries. Education and Science, 2018, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 32-59. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32561581
- Likhacheva O.N. Foreign language in a non-linguistic technical university. Pedagogy, 2020, no. 4, pp. 88-97. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43036490
- Likhacheva O.N. Formation and development of foreign language communicative competence of students of non-linguistic universities on the example of the Kuban State Technological University. Monograph. Krasnodar, Kuban State Technological University Publ., 2018. 171 p. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=34878509
- Koroleva Yu.V., Shilovich O.B. On the issue of modeling humanitarian education in the framework of a modern technical university. Azimuth of scientific research: pedagogy and psychology, 2021, vol.10, no. 2 (35), pp. 200-202. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46325289
- Tymchuk E.V., Shilovich O.B. On the question of some methods of teaching the disciplines of the humanitarian segment in a technical university – on the example of a foreign language and economic theory. Azimuth of scientific research: pedagogy and psychology, 2021, vol.10, no. 2 (35), pp. 293-296. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46325315
- Lubkov A.V. Modern problems of pedagogical education. Education and Science, 2020, vol.22, no. 3, pp. 36-54. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42863828
- Moskvina N.B. Professional activity of a university teacher: value-time collisions. Higher education in Russia, 2020, vol.29, no. 7, pp. 144-155. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43154365
- Motova G.N. Excellence as a new trend in higher education. Moscow, Guild of experts in the field of vocational education Publ., 2013. 547 p. (In Russian).
- Mukhin M.I. Education of the XXI century: features of development. Prospects for Science and Education, 2020, no. 5, pp. 22-44. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44130088
Likhacheva O.N., TymchukE.V. Contradiction and negation in philology – didactic approach. CITISE, 2022, no. 1, pp.234-241. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.1.20