Astanin D.M., Smirnova N.V.
RENOVATION OF STAGNANT STRUCTURES SETTLEMENT SYSTEMS IN ITALY (ON THE EXAMPLE OF SPATIAL REVITALIZATION FOR MATERA PROVINCE, BASILICATA REGION)
Astanin D.M.1 (Vologda, Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Smirnova N.V.2 (Cherepovets, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Vologda State University, Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy
2Cherepovets State University
Abstract. In many countries there is a division of regions according to the degree of wealth and prosperity. Some regions inevitably fall into stagnation due to monopolistic actions of business or economic mistakes of the country’s government. On the example of Italy, a transitional form of stagnation is very clearly visible. Ignoring the laws of economics has led the country to a contrasting north-south division. The agrarian south, left without people, tourism and entrepreneurship, spent its internal budgets. As a result of the study of Italy on the economic, geographic, tourist, climatic and industrial characteristics, the reasons for the emergence of depressed regions are determined. Architectural and planning problems are divided into urban planning frameworks according to the prevailing functional characteristics. Thanks to of the study of the territorial frameworks of the Central and Southern parts of Italy, it can be concluded that the most promising province for living is the Campania region (Naples province); relatively favorable provinces: Sicily (Messina), Calabria (Vibo Valentia, Catanzaro), Campania (Salerno, Avellino, Benevento, Coserta), Apulia (Lecce), Molise (Isernia, Campobasso), Abruzzo (Chieti, Pescara). One of the lowest rating indicators is the province of Matera (Basilicata region). The revival of the depressed Italian provinces is possible by improving the quality of the urban environment. In the identified foci, a new spatial organization of architectural and planning nodes (on the example of updating the master plan of the city of Krako, in the area of Basikata, the province of Matera).
Keywords:tourist and recreational framework, ecological framework, eco-cultural framework, natural framework, natural recreational framework, land and property framework of agricultural production, settlement framework, transport framework, pendulum migration, stagnant region.
- Astanin D.M. The use of the frame method in planning and functional zoning of territories favorable for the organization of ecotourism (on the example of the Central part of the Eastern Sayan). Bulletin of Moscow University, 2017, no. 3, pp. 51-60. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29382590
- Astanin D.M., Anisova V.I. Spatial-temporal structure of the system of resettlement of refugees in Peru. Architecton: news of universities, 2020, no. 1 (69), pp. 17-17. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42646773
- Astanin D.M., Plotnichenko V.O. The spatial structure of the settlement system of Fr. Ellesmere (Nunavut territory, Canada). Architecton: news of universities, 2020, no. 3 (71), pp. 14. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44049305
- Baltina A.S., Krasavina N.Yu., Larionova V.A. Rehabilitation of industrial territories for social needs of society on the example of the creation of children’s technoparks. Problems of modern science and education, 2016, no. 40 (82), pp. 61–64. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27693286
- Blagikh E.A., Drozhzhin R.A. Mechanisms and principles of renovation of stagnant territories of metallurgical enterprises, Urban planning and architecture, 2018, no. 8 (33), pp. 61-66. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17673/Vestnik.2018.04.11
- Bush P.D. Integration of ruined objects of historical heritage into the modern architectural context. Doct. Diss. Moscow, MARHI (GA) Publ., 2017. 257 p.
- Voropinova O.A., Kuleshova L.V. Foreign and Russian experience of economic support of depressed regions. Social policy and sociology, 2013, no. 2-2 (93), pp. 281-298. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22368624
- Goryacheva A.V. Architectural restoration in Italy in the 1990-2000 s. Doct. Diss. Moscow, MARHI (GA) Publ., 2017. 175 p.
- Dulova E.N. Improving the mechanism of anti-crisis management of a depressed region. Doct. Diss. Moscow, FU under the Government of the Russian Federation Publ., 2011. 170 p.
- Bondarenko I.A. Renovation of the urban environment: historical precedents. Monograph Moscow, archi.ru Publ., 2021. 333 p. ISBN 978-5-4462-0140-2
- Tkachenko A.A. Key concepts of the theory of resettlement: an attempt at rethinking. Bulletin of Moscow University, 2018, no. 2, pp. 10-15. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32738473
- Shalina D.S., Stepanova N.R. Renovation, redevelopment, revitalization and gentrification of urban space. Fundamental research, 2019, no. 12 (part 2). pp. 285-289. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42355667
- Barzanti S. Underdeveloped Areas Within the Common Market. Princeton, Princeton University press Publ., 1965. 448 p. ISBN: 9780691649467
- King R. The industrial geography of Italy. London. Routledge Publ., 2015. 356 p. ISBN 9781138854406
- Iuzzolino G., Guido V. Convergence among Italian Regions, 1861-2011 // Bank of Italy Economic History Working Paper. 2013, no. 22. pp. 93-93. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2239019
- di Loredana G., D’Orsogna M., Dipace R., Iacopino A. Models and instruments of cooperation between Institutions, Regions and Territories from a globalised perspective: the case of European macroregional strategies and the Italian National Strategy for Inner Areas. Federalismi.it. 2018. vol. 20.
- Casacchia O., Сangiano A., Conti C., Di Cesare M., Iacoucci R., Vittori P. Population prospects and problems of Italian Regions. Genus, 2006, vol. 3-4. pp. 495-540. DOI:10.2307/29789285
- Daniele V., Malanima P., Ostuni N. Unequal Development. Geography and Market Potential in Italian Industrialisation 1871-2001. Papers in Regional Science, 2016. vol. 97 (3). pp. 639-662. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/pirs.12275
- Hinderink J., Titus M. Small Towns and Regional Development: Major Findings and Policy Implications from Comparative Research. Urban Studies, 2002, vol. 39 (3), pp. 379-391. DOI: 10.1080/00420980220112748
- King R. Italy: from Sick Man to Rich Man of Europe. Geography, 1992. vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 153-169.
- Missiaia A. The Industrial Geography of Italy: Provinces, Regions and Border Effects (1871–1911). Working Papers, 2015, no. 15012.
Astanin D.M., Smirnova N.V. Renovation of stagnant structures settlement systems in Italy (on the example of spatial revitalization for Matera province, Basilicata region). CITISE, 2021, no. 4, pp.606-625. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.4.56