DIAGNOSTICS OF TEAM SKILLS AMONG STUDENTS OF PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION IN THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS SECTOR
Mashkina M.P.1 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University
Abstract. This article presents the results of the diagnosis of soft skills (“soft skills”) in 2nd year students of the telecommunications college of SPO. The development of soft skills in various directions is currently one of the most urgent and in-demand tasks in modern society. This is primarily due to the dynamically developing technologies that are being presented to a new generation of people. The ability to possess not only professional skills (“hard skills”), but also flexible or soft skills. The analysis showed that students coming to the vocational school spend most of their time mastering professional skills. For the first two years they are immersed only in the educational process. Therefore, any soft skills develop poorly. In this article, we have made measurements of team skills. Team skill is one of the essential among “soft skills”. He teaches the ability to interact with different people, work in a team, set tasks of varying degrees of complexity, find a way out in any situation. As a result of the diagnosis, it was revealed that most of the students before entering the vocational school had no idea what teamwork was, in relation to their own profession. Many are undecided in choosing a specialty. It is necessary to make changes in the educational process so that as many students as possible are involved in communicative relationships. They learned to work in a team, interact with each other, and were able to organize themselves and their time. To do this, conduct activities aimed at developing team skills. Joint problem solving through the volunteer movement, participation in professional competitions such as World skills. Visit, followed by discussion of cultural institutions. Attract specialists from different professional fields, conduct a dialogue with them and visit personal enterprises themselves. Preferably a future place of work. The development of team skills will teach future specialists of the telecommunications college to interact with people, since today, professions related to the development of technology are the most in demand.
Keywords: “soft skills”, “hard skills”, team skills, the ability to manage to be yourself, to organize yourself, communicative relationships.
- Avdeev V.V. Working with a team: psychological opportunities: a workshop for independent work on optimizing joint activities. Moscow, INFRA-M Publ., 2018. 152 p. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24216394
- Adizes I. The ideal leader. Why they cannot become and what follows from this. Alpina Publ., 2016. 360 p. (In Russian).
- Berkovich M.I., Kofanova T.A., Tikhonova S.S. Soft skills (soft competencies) of a bachelor: assessment of the state and direction of formation. Bulletin of the Voronezh State University. Series: Economics and Management, 2018, no. 4, pp. 63-68. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37035276
- Vasiliev M.V. The problem of team functioning as a special kind of social group. Historical and socio-educational thought, 2016, vol. 8, no. 4-1, pp. 95-98. (In Russian).
- Woodcock M., Francis D. The liberated manager. For the head-practice. Moscow, Delo Publ., 1991. 320 p. (In Russian).
- Grib E.V., Kolomoets E.N., Latysheva V.V. Game methods of competence formation “teamwork and leadership” in the training of engineers. Higher education in Russia, 2020, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 125-134. (In Russian).
- Zinkevich-Evstigneeva T.D. Effective team: steps to creation. St. Petersburg, Speech Publ., 2003. 128 p. (In Russian).
- Levin K. Field theory in the social sciences. Moscow, Academic project Publ., 2019. p. 313. (In Russian).
- Lipatova S.D., Khokholeva E.A. Technology of formation of teamwork skills in the conditions of project training of university students. Bulletin of Samara State Technical University, 2021, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 57-70. (In Russian).
- Malysheva A.D. The ability to work in a team as a general cultural competence of university students. Modern problems of science and education, 2017, no. 2, pp. 151-151. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29036220
- Moreno Ya.L. Sociometry. Experimental method and the science of society. Moscow, Academic project, 2004. p. 383. (In Russian).
- Muchnik E.R. Leadership as a factor of team formation. Moscow, MSU Publ., 2011. 30 p. (In Russian).
- We determine our role in the team using the Belbin test.(2013) Available at: https://abmgroup.ru/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Test_Belbina.pdf (accessed 20 October 2021)
- Passov E.I. Education and methodology: from being too due. Bulletin of the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia. Series: Russian and foreign languages and methods of their teaching, 2017, vol.15, no. 4, pp. 389-413. (In Russian).
- Perevoshchikova E.N. Formation of the ability of undergraduates of pedagogical education to work as a team in the process of designing an educational product. Nizhny Novgorod State Pedagogical University named after Kozma Minin, 2020, vol. 8, no. 1(30), pp. 3-3. (In Russian).
- Regulations on project training URFU. (2019). Available at: https://urfu.ru/ru (accessed 20 October 2021)
- Ryskulova M.N. Group, team, team. Correlation of concepts. Modern pedagogical education, 2019, no. 10, pp. 191-194. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41344150
- Bell S.T., Brown S.G., Vas J.A. A conceptual framework
for using team composition decisions to create human capital. Human Resource Management Review, 2018, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 450-463. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrmr.2017.06.003
- O’Neill T.A., Salas E. Creating high-performance teamwork in organizations. . Human Resource Management Review, 2018,vol.28, no. 4, pp. 325-331. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.html.2017.09.001
- Tannenbaum S., Byrd R., Salas E. Building an effective team: the study of conceptual and empirical developments. Problems, theory and research in industrial and organizational psychology, 1992, vol. 82, pp. 117-153. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0166-4115(08)62601-1
- Filatova M.N., Sheinbaum V.S., Shchedrovitsky P.G. Ontology of competence “ability to work in a team” and approaches to its development in an engineering university. Higher education in Russia, 2018, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 71-82. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35161097
- Filindash P.V. Socio-psychological determinants of team formation, Moscow, GUU Publ., 2009. 24 p. (In Russian).
- Yurtaeva M.N., Glukhanyuk N.S. – Psychological foundations of learning to work in a team. Psychology and Psychotechnics, 2020, no. 3, pp. 31-42. (In Russian). DOI: 10.7256/2454-0722.2020.3.33545
- Kharunzheva E.V., Shalaginova N.V., Kuzmina M.V. The practice of teamwork in a digital school for the development of a “smart” mobile application. Prospects of science and education, 2020, no. 2 (44), pp. 389-404. (In Russian). DOI: http:doi.10.32744/pse.2020.2.31
- Tuckman B.W. Developmental Sequence in Small Groups, Psychological Bulletin, 1965, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 384-399. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/h0022100
Mashkina M.P. Diagnostics of team skills among students of professional education in the telecommunications sector. CITISE, 2021, no. 4, pp.377-385. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.4.35