Kargapolova E.V., Darchuk M.B., Davydova J.A.
FICTION AS A MEANS OF MORAL EDUCATION OF YOUNG PEOPLE
Kargapolova E.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Darchuk M.B.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation)- E-mail: MariaDarchuk@yandex.ru, Davydova J.A.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Plekhanov Russian University of Economics
Abstract. In this article, the purpose of the study is to analyze the role of fiction in the spiritual and moral education of students. Fiction is considered as the core of book culture, the most important factor of media socialization of modern youth in the world of digitalization and gadgets. Methodology. The information base of the study was obtained on the basis of the author’s sociological study “Circle of reading fiction of Russian students”, implemented by the questionnaire method in Moscow, Volgograd and Astrakhan in 2016 and 2019. Results. It is revealed that a significant part of the surveyed students today demonstrates reader interest and seeks to increase the volume of reading works of fiction. The growth of the group of students who like to read and read with pleasure is revealed. But at the same time, there are quite a lot of people who do not read at all, read out of necessity, admit that they read little, or read little, but at the same time they are sure that they have enough for themselves. It can be assumed that the presence of these groups is associated with socio-cultural transformations, including an increase in the flow of information and the pace of life, lack of free time, and rapid differentiation by income level. This leads to a shift in priorities in the field of practical knowledge and even survival, giving the reading of books features of elitism. In the readership, subgroups are empirically identified, differentiated by their assessment of the volume of reading fiction. The socio-demographic and socio-cultural features of these subgroups are recorded. Conclusions. The book retains its high potential as a means of moral education, as more than 90% of students – the vanguard of society-consider it the most important factor in spiritual development and improving education. The obtained results on the differentiation of the readership and their literary preferences will allow optimizing the work on the popularization of the book and reading among students.
Keywords: fiction, moral education, spiritual development, book, reader preferences, book culture, students, sociological research.
- Voronchikhina T.M., Ishkhanova D.I. The role of art in the formation of the moral and aesthetic position of modern youth. Unique research of the XXI century, 2015, no. 11, pp. 121-124. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25099985
- Geiman N. Why read fiction. Analytics of cultural studies, 2015. no. 1 (31). pp. 127–131. (In Russian)
- Daineko G.F. The Magic Key. fiction in the reading of youth. Librarianship. – 2010. no. 20 (134). pp. 30-34. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=15254806
- Dulina N.V., Kargapolova E.V., Simonenko M.A. Student “reading”? On the transformation of the book culture of modern students (based on the results of applied sociological research)ю Bulletin of KalmGU, 2018, no. 1 (37), pp. 138-147. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32728470
- Evseev V. O. New model of social development. CITISE, 2016, no. 3 (7), pp. 4. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26398845
- Kasamara V.A., Sorokina A.A. Fiction in the teaching of political science. Education issues, 2009, no. 3, pp. 161-169. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=12905117
- Konovalova V. P. Fiction as a cultural phenomenon. News of TRTU, 1997, no. 2 (5), pp. 230-231. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=12890156
- Olesina E.P. Literature in the information space. Humanitarian space, 2015, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 132-147. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23273117
- Torgasheva N.V. the Book as the space of images and meanings: a reading range of modern student youth. The Text. Book. Book publishing, 2018, no. 16, pp. 72-85. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35135939
- Petrova E.V. Fiction as a means of moral self-education of high school students. Art and Education, 2009, no. 6 (62), pp. 162-167. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=13055361
- Poelueva L.A., Indrikova A.A. Classical literature in the processes of media socialization of Russian youth: cultural and civilizational mission. Moscow, Moscow Humanitarian University Publ., 2020, pp. 416-419. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44185104
- Ponomareva T.Yu., Alyukhanova E.M. Fiction and folklore as a means of forming ideas about the culture of the Mordovian people in senior preschoolers. Scientific reflection, 2018, no. 2 (12), pp. 15-18. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35382669
- Rubaeva Z.B. Fiction, as a means of formation of the younger generation of patriotism and culture of interethnic relations. Bulletin of the Kostroma State University, 2009, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 382-384. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=15141527
- Sadikova R.I. Increasing the need for aesthetic education in modernity. Science and education today, 2019. no. 5 (40). pp. 58-59. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37741592
- Khramtsov A.B. On the place of reading in the leisure of modern students (according to the results of the survey). Bulletin of Slavic Cultures, 2020, no. 1, pp. 73-79. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42595901
- Yakupova G.H. The role of fiction in the education of students.Problems of Science, 2017, no. 28 (110), pp. 50-52. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29851714
Kargapolova E.V., Darchuk M.B., Davydova J.A. Fiction as a means of moral education of young people. CITISE, 2021, no. 2, pp.282-292. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.2.27