THE IMPACT OF THE RESULTS OF AN INDEPENDENT EVALUATION ON LEARNING MOTIVATION
Huseynova A.A.1 (Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Don State Technical University
Abstract. Today, more than ever, the question of the formation of a new quality of education is acute, an integral part of which is control and authentic assessment. Obtaining objective assessments of the results of educational activities in the process of independent assessment provides reliable feedback, creates the conditions for reflection, planning and self-education. In the article, the author examines the theoretical and methodological justification and experimental verification of the impact of an independent assessment on the educational activity and motivation of students. The substantiation of the role of assessment in the development of educational motivation is given; determining the significance of the results of an independent assessment for the formation of a positively sustainable educational motivation; analysis of the data of participants in the assessment on a wide range of issues of their attitude to changing educational motivation according to the results of control. For the formation of a positive and sustainable motivation for learning activities, it is important that, when evaluating the work of the teacher, a qualitative analysis of this work is carried out, successes and positive aspects in the study of material are emphasized, and the causes of deficiencies are identified, and not only their detection. A qualitative analysis of the learning outcomes should be aimed at forming in students an adequate self-assessment of achievements and adjusting subsequent actions. The article notes the attitude of assessment participants to independent assessment as an important tool for the development of educational motivation.
Keywords: independent assessment, control, assessment, analysis, educational motivation.
- Baranova M., Gricenko E. In the competition for academic achievement. School psychologist, 2017, no. 18. (In Russian) URL: http://psy.1september.ru/article.php?id=200701808
- Bereznev. E.Yu., Krysova T.I. The educational motivation of a modern student and the process of its development. International Journal of Applied and Fundamental Research, 2015, no. 6-2, pp. 335-338. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23488326
- Gnezdilova L., Gnezdilov Factors affecting the development of motivation for student learning at a university. Scientific and methodological electronic journal «Concept», 2017, 31, pp. 1246-1250. (In Russian) URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29216299
- Efremova N. F. Motivational aspect of the independent assessment of student achievement. Russian Psychological Journal, 2017, no. 14 (2), pp. 227-244. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29461341
- Efremova N.F., Ryzhkin A.A. Modern meters of knowledge (testing experience). Higher education in Russia, 2001, no. 1, pp. 15-20. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=9554174
- Zvyagintseva E.V. Methods for the study of cognitive abilities of schoolchildren. Public education, 2009, no. 4, pp. 168-175. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=13226152
- Ignatyev E. Yu. Assessment of educational results of schoolchildren as a learning strategy. Continuing Education: XXI Century, 2018, no. 3 (23), pp. 71-83. (In Russian) DOI: 10.15393/j5.art.2018.4067
- Kudashov V. I. Ravochkin N. N. Rozov N. S. Ideas and intellectuals in the stream of history: the macro-sociology of philosophy, science and education. Questions of Philosophy, 2017, no. 2, pp. 212-215. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28758133
- Markova A. K. Motivation of learning and its education at school age. Moscow, Pedagogy Publ., 1983, 65 p. (In Russian)
- Oparina N.M. Adaptive Testing. Khabarovsk, DVGUPS Publ., 2017, 95 p. (In Russian)
- Osnovina T.Yu. Point-rating system as a means of evaluating the quality of education. Yekaterinburg, Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University Publ.,2016, pp. 39-43. (In Russian) URL:https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27173139
- Pinskaya M. Assessment – a way to increase the effectiveness of learning. School management, 2009, no. 3. (In Russian) URL:https://upr.1sept.ru/view_article.php?ID=200900309
- Sergeeva E.V., Chandra M.Yu. Modern technologies for assessing student learning achievement. Volgograd, PRINT Publ., 2013, 115 p. (In Russian)
- Sosnovsky B.A. Psychology. Moscow, Higher education Publ., 2018, 660 p. (In Russian)
- Turtulova R.V., Myrzakanova E.A., Aralbekova D.A. Formation of positive educational motivation among schoolchildren. Ufa, Summer Publ., 2015, pp. 146-149. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23358969
- Huseynova A.A., Kovaleva S.V. Educational Evaluation in Learning Quality Management. Moscow, CREDO Publ., 2018, pp. 331-337. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35470688
- Huseynova A.A., Kovaleva S.V. Psychological and pedagogical testing standards. International Journal of Experimental Education, 2018, no. 11, pp. 23-28. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36930859
- Yanchenko S.I. Independent test control and its place in the system of monitoring the level of students’ academic achievement. Yekaterinburg, Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin Publ., 2014. pp. 1564-1569. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22431729
- Efremova, N.F. Huseynova, A.A. Shvedova, S. The influence of assessment on learning motivation. Rostov-on-Don, EDP Sciences Publ., 2019, ID. 04003. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41408036
- Graham R. B. Unannounced quizzes raise test scores selectively for mid-range students. Teaching of Psychology, 1999, vol. 26, pp. 271-273.
- Griffin P. Assessment and teaching of 21st century skills. Methods and approach, 2015. DOI: 10.1007/978-94-017-9395-7
- Keller J. M. Motivation, Learning, and Technology: Applying the ARCS-V motivation model. Participatory Educational Research (PER), 2016, vol.3 (2), pp. 1-13. http://dx.doi.org/10.17275/per.16.06.3.2
- Pavlova N. Hr. Hybrid motivation in the learning process of pupils. Physical and Mathematical Education, 2016, no. 3 (9), pp. 71-76.
- Pikunas J. The effects of weekly testing in the teaching of science. Science Education, 1965, vol. 49, pp. 373-376. https://doi.org/10.1002/sce.3730490415
- Stirling D. Motivation in Education. Aichi Universities English Education Research Journal, 2013, vol. 29, pp. 51-72.
Huseynova A.A. The impact of the results of an independent evaluation on learning motivation. CITISE, 2021, no. 1, pp.258-266. DOI:http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.1.24