PREVENTION OF VIOLENCE AND DEVELOPMENT OF INTERETHNIC TOLERANCE OF YOUTH
Zagoumennov I.L.1 (Minsk, Republic of Belarus) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Minsk Branch of the Russian Economic University named after G.V. Plekhanov
Abstract. The article discusses the problem of preventing violence and the development of interethnic tolerance among young people. Tolerance has established itself as one of the basic characteristics of the Belarusian people, a unique feature characteristic of Belarusians as an ethnic group and distinguishing it from others. At the same time, in the context of globalization, open borders and information space, an influx of refugees into Belarus, including non-traditional for it religions Belarus, cannot be isolated from those negative processes and conflicts on national grounds that are taking place in the world, including in neighboring European countries, where, with the increase in the number of migrants, various forms of intolerance, extremism and xenophobia are increasingly developing. In the current conditions, the question of the need to develop special educational programs that, on the one hand, would consolidate the best traditions of interethnic relations in Belarus, and on the other hand, would prepare Belarusian schoolchildren and students for new realities, becomes more and more urgent. The need for such programs is also due to the challenges of the developing digitalization and internationalization of education. The author takes the position of the need to purposefully form youth values and beliefs that underlie multicultural competences, interethnic and intercultural trust. The purpose of the work is to propose a pedagogical approach that ensures an active role for schoolchildren and students themselves in this process. The research method is a comparative analysis of domestic and foreign approaches, as well as experimental work in educational institutions. The research results can be used in the organization of the educational process in secondary schools and universities.
Keywords: violence prevention, interethnic tolerance, inclusive education, project-based learning.
- Bakhtiozina M.G., Khachatryan G.S. Language education as a factor in the development of intercultural communication in the context of the modern business multicultural paradigm. Moscow University Bulletin. Series 19: Linguistics and Intercultural Communication, 2020, no. 1, pp. 164-173. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42598556
- Varlamova E.Yu., Marina A.N. Socio-cultural development of a personality in the process of its preparation for intercultural communication. CITISE, 2019, no.1 (18), pp. 8. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37292581
- Zagoumennov I.L. An inclusive approach to ensuring the quality of education. CITISE, 2019, no. 1 (18), pp. 13. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37292586
- Zagoumennov I.L. Development of interethnic trust in the university in the context of the internationalization of education. Minsk, Kovcheg Publ., 2018, pp. 311-313. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37237541
- Iogolevich N.I. Formation of universal competences “intercultural interaction” in the professional training of university students. Bulletin of the Udmurt University, Philosophy, Psychology, Pedagogy Series, 2020, no.1(30), pp. 76-82. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42754696
- Kuvaeva L.V. Transdisciplinary approach in the formation of intercultural literacy of students. Bulletin of the North Caucasus Federal University, 2020, no.2 (77), pp.188-192. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43127708
- Ngoma A.D., Ngoma Luhuolo G.Zh. The concepts of “cross-cultural communication” and “intercultural competence” in the context of teaching Russian as a foreign language. World of Science, Culture, Education, 2020, no.1(80), pp. 202-204. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42507520
- Sosnovskaya N. A. Tolerance and its manifestation in the public consciousness of the population of Belarus. Sociological almanac, 2015, no.6, pp. 244-252. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23306128
- Khairullin R.Z. Formation of the culture of interethnic communication and the all-Russian self-awareness of students in the process of studying the course “History of Russian Literature” at the university. CITISE, 2017, no.3(12), pp.22. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30797580
- Declaration of principles on tolerance. Paris, UNESCO Publ., 1995, 12p.
- Fantini A. Intercultural Communicative Competence in Educational Exchange: A Multinational Perspective. New York, Routledge Publ., 2018, 358p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9781351251747
- Inclusive Education: The Way of the Future. Geneva, UNESCO Publ., 2008, 31p.
- Gronwald K-D. Intercultural Competencies. Berlin, Springer, 2017, pp.51-66. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-53150-1_5
- McAlister A.L., Wilczak B. Moral Disengagement in “War Fever”: How Can We Resist? Cham, Springer Publ., 2015, pp. 33-43. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-10687-8_4
- Ilie O-A. The Intercultural Competence. Developing Effective Intercultural Communication Skills, 2019, vol. 25, issue 2. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2478/kbo-2019-0092
- Rawal R, Deardorff D.K. Intercultural competences for all. London, Routledge Publ., 2020, pp.46-59. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9780429278075
- Tkachenko A. Culture of interethnic communication. CITISE, 2017, no.1(10), pp. 16. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28806424
- Fabian W., Borzikowsky C. Intercultural Competence by International Experiences. An Investigation of the Impact of Educational Stays Abroad on Intercultural Competence and Its Facets. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 2018, vol. 49, issue 3, pp. 488-514. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0022022118754721
Zagoumennov I.L. Prevention of violence and development of interethnic tolerance of youth. CITISE, 2021, no. 1, pp.120-129. DOI:http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.1.11