Khazin A.L., Aliev D.F.
RUSSIAN STATE SOCIAL UNIVERSITY: FACTS AND SOURCES OF CENTURY-OLD HISTORY
Khazin A.L.1,2 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – KhazinAL@rgsu.net, Aliev D.F.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – AlievDF@rgsu.net
1Russian State Social University
2Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov
Abstract. The modern Russian State Social University is the direct heir of two pioneering socio-political institutions of the early 20th century: the Communist University. Ya.M. Sverdlov and the Communist International with its subordinate educational institutions. In the bright century-long history of the University there are many interesting stories, facts, many and all kinds of complexities of various multifaceted relationships, bureaucratic vicissitudes and organizational innovations. They are so interestingly intertwined in the history of the University that the authors considered it important and useful to begin by spending some time to recall some of its episodes in memory, illustrating their excursion into history with both well-known and lesser-known sources and facts. Of course, within the framework of the article, the authors failed to present even a small part of the ideas and thoughts that may be of interest both to the scientific and pedagogical community of the “first social” and to our current and potential partners, but I think that the article will still be useful to everyone who is generally concerned about the problems of development of domestic higher education and social pedagogy.
Keywords: Russian State Social University, historical facts, traditions.
- Khazin A.L., Aliev D.F. Scientific regiment of RGSU. Moscow, RGSU Publ., 2023. 216 p.
- Aliev D.F., Evreeva O.A., Khazin A.L. Traditional values: the basis of Russian society. Moscow, RGSU Publ., 2023. 248 p. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=53975773
- Bryantseva M.V. Russian State Social University is 20 years old! Leader of domestic social education. Professional textbook, 2011, no. 3-4, pp. 25-33. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25532342
- Egorychev A.M., Dubinin S.N. Social education as the basis of the sociocultural evolution of Russia in the 21st century. Scientific notes of the Russian State Social University, 2010, no. 7 (83), pp. 35-39. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=16523825
- Yudina T.N. The sociological school of the Russian State Social University is 25 years old. Social politics and sociology, 2016, vol. 15, no. 5 (118), pp. 6-8. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27195746
- Aliev D.F. About the tradition of the University’s contribution to the political agenda. RGSU. Available at: https://rgsu.net/about/activities/press_centre/life/platform/rgsu-life_28.html (accessed 11 august 2023)
- Shimanovskaya Y.V. Presentation of the Russian State Social University / In the book: Ways to develop international practice of social work. Russian-Korean seminar on the development of social work. Moscow, RGSU Publ., 2011. pp. 111-114. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24360226
- Grigoriev S.I., Guslyakova L.G. Social education in Russia. Scientific notes of the Transbaikal State Humanitarian and Pedagogical University named after. N.G. Chernyshevsky, 2012, no. 4 (45), pp. 71-77. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17872032
- Zhukov V.I. RGSU: Time, mission, people and development potential. Moscow, RGSU Publ., 2011. 781 p. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19652145
- Kogan L.A. On the approaches to Soviet philosophy: The first “Sverdlovtsy”, “socialists”. academicians”, “capists”. Questions of Philosophy, 2002, no. 5, pp. 112-14
- Rabinovich P.M. Lectures by V. I. Lenin on the state at the communist university named after Ya. M. Sverdlov: On the history of reading. Jurisprudence, 1969, no. 5, pp. 17-25.
- Communist University named after Ya. M. Sverdlov. Great Soviet Encyclopedia: [in 30 volumes] Moscow, Soviet Encyclopedia Publ., 1969-1978.
- Bartsits I.N., Krakovsky K.P. Training of legal personnel in the system of Soviet party formation (1917-1991). Article 1. Communist University named after Ya. M. Sverdlova (1919-1932). Historical and legal problems: a new perspective, 2022, no. 1, pp. 5-29. EDN: MTGEKF, DOI: 10.24412/2309-1592-2022-1-5-29
- Narochnitsky. A.L. Academy of Social Sciences under the Central Committee of the CPSU. Moscow, Soviet Encyclopedia Publ., 1980. 688 p.
- Prokhorov A.M. Higher Party Schools of the CPSU (VPS). Moscow, Veshin-Gazli Publ., 1971. 640 p.
For citation: Khazin A.L., Aliev D.F. Russian State Social University: facts and sources of century-old history. CITISE, 2023, no. 3, pp. 484-496. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.3.40