Kuznetsov N.G., Ryazantsev N.S.
EXTERNAL MIGRATION INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION: CONCEPT, OBJECTS AND PROSPECTS OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Kuznetsov N.G.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Ryazantsev N.S.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
1Russian Academy of Sciences
Abstract. The success of the state migration policy largely depends on a country’s developed and effective migration infrastructure. In turn, the need to influence on the first, preparatory stage of the migration process, as well as the promotion of the so-called “soft power” determines the need to create an external migration infrastructure.Nevertheless, in the Russian science literature, is paid no attention to this concept. And there is no clear definition of its components in the regulatory documents of the departments involved in migration management. This article aims to eliminate this gap and summarize data on the Russian abroad migration infrastructure. The purpose of research is also the primary assessment of the effectiveness of the external migration infrastructure and the identification of potential areas for its improvement.The study made a qualitative analysis of regulatory documents of Russian migration policy, foreign policy activities, certain aspects of cultural, scientific, and educational cooperation. Were carried out the systematization of the objects of external migration infrastructure, content analysis of the websites of relevant ministries and their foreign representative offices, was determined the range of tasks to be solved and was evaluated the effectiveness.The authors conclude that the existing objects of the Russian external migration infrastructure generally correspond to the number of the diaspora of compatriots abroad and make it possible to successfully solve the tasks of the domestic migration policy, but some elements need improvement. A lack of coordination and interdepartmental interaction, as well as questionable performance criteria, which do not allow to assess whether the activities of the Russian migration infrastructure have a real impact on the indicators of migration mobility of the population, are noted as weaknesses.
Keywords: migration infrastructure, migration policy, migration management, soft power, compatriots.
- Andrichenko L.V., Plugina I.V. Migration legislation of the Russian Federation: development trends and application practice. Monograph. Moscow, Norma Publ., 2019. 392 p. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37341208
- Gorodnov A.V. Influence of migration processes on the development of politics and economics in Russia in the current global crisis. Economic security, 2022, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1565-1582. (In Russian). DOI: 10.18334/ecsec.5.4.116284
- Joyce E.A., Simakov A.A. Migration and economic security. Auditor’s sheets, 2022, no. 1, pp. 101-105. (In Russian). DOI: 10.24411/1727-8058-2022-1-101-105
- Ivakhnyuk I.V. Migration in Russia: economic aspects. Moscow, Russian International Affairs Council Publ., 2015. 56 p. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35421930
- Klevtsova M.G., Polozhentseva Yu.S., Yaroshenko A.A. “Brain drain” as an economic problem in Russia. Bulletin of the South-Western State University, 2020, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 27-38. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43031738
- Krayushkin A.V. To the question of the concept of regulation of migration processes. Russian Justice, 2019, no. 12, pp. 2-6. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41443947
- Matveeva Yu.S. Status and trends in the development of the migration policy of the Russian Federation. Young scientist, 2020, no. 43 (333), pp. 241-242. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44139057
- Mikhailishcheva V.D. Migration policy in the context of the national interests of the Russian Federation. Modern Science, 2021, no. 4-3, pp. 449-458. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45669990
- Morozova N.M., Alymova A.G., Yakovleva E.S. Immigration and migration policy in the Nordic countries. DEMIS. Demographic research, 2021, no. 1, pp. 87-96. DOI: 10.19181/demis.2021.1.1.10
- Potapenkova IV Essence of migration amnesty as a legal phenomenon. Migration law, 2019, no. 4, pp. 6–10. (In Russian). DOI: 10.18572/2071-1182-2019-4-6-10
- Shuruhnova D. N. Migration amnesty in the system of measures of the migration policy of the Russian Federation. Migration law, 2019, no. 4, pp. 3–6. (In Russian). DOI: 10.18572/2071-1182-2019-4-3-6
- Rybakovsky L.L. History and theory of population migration. Book. 3: The theory of three stages of the migration process. Moscow, Ekon-Inform Publ., 2019. 218 p. (In Russian).
- Ryzhova N.P. Migration policies, infrastructure and extralegal migration behavior on the eastern borders of Russia: project description and research strategy. Khabarovsk, Russian Academy of Sciences Publ., 2019. pp. 90-98. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39161082
- Ryazantsev S.V. Migration in Eurasia before and during the COVID-19 pandemic: trends, implications, migration policy. Moscow, Economic education Publ., 2021. 302 p. (In Russian).
- Skorobogatova V.I. Migration policy of Russia in the context of education export. Moscow, Perspective Publ., 2021. 180 p. (In Russian). DOI: 10.51285/migpol2020
- Ukrainian Yu.A. New initiatives of the Russian migration policy. Migration infrastructure. Economic, 2015, no. 6 (7). (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24348835
- Fedorova I., Ushakov M.A., Gulikyan A.A., Klokova D.S. Migration policy of the Russian Federation: problems, trends, development prospects. Bulletin of the Moscow University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, 2022, no. 1, pp. 304-308. (In Russian). DOI: 10.24412/2073-0454-2022-1-304-308
- Düvell F., Preiss C. Migration Infrastructures: How Do People Migrate? In: Scholten, P. Introduction to Migration Studies. IMISCOE Research Series. Springer, Cham Publ., 2022. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-92377-8_4
- Del Savio L., Cavaliere G., Mameli M. Migration and Cooperative Infrastructures. Philos. Technol, 2019, vol. 32, pp. 425–444. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13347-018-0305-7
Kuznetsov N.G., Ryazantsev N.S. Еxternal migration infrastructure of the Russian Federation: concept, objects and prospects of socio-economic development // CITISE, 2022, no. 4, pp. 423-437. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.4.39