Prudnikov V.V., Napris Zh.S., Zhemulin S.B.
PROSPECTS FOR THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RUSSIA AND COUNTRIES OF THE SHANGHAI COOPERATION ORGANIZATION
Prudnikov V.V.1 (Ryazan, Russian Federation) – Pslava73@yandex.ru, Napris Zh.S.1 (Ryazan, Russian Federation) – email@example.com, Zhemulin S.B.2 (Perm, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org
1Academy of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia
2Institute of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia
Abstract. The article discusses the main trends in the development of mutual cooperation between the countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization. The dynamics of trade turnover within the organization, the growth of Russia’s trade with the organization’s members, both in absolute terms, and the share of key players in our country’s foreign trade, primarily the People’s Republic of China and India, were noted. The key role in the process of integration of economic policy between the participating countries of China and Russia is noted. Based on the analysis of the dynamics of trade turnover, as well as on the results of the last meeting of the Council of Heads of State held on September 15-16, 2022 in Samarkand, prospects for the development of economic cooperation, including an increase in the share of mutual settlements in national currencies, as a response to the global challenges currently facing the entire progressive world community, countries, striving for the development of business relations and the development of mutually beneficial relationships.
The main directions of economic cooperation are seen as follows:
– development of efforts to achieve carbon neutrality, formation of a clean, low-carbon, safe and efficient energy system, as well as diversification of types of energy carriers and energy sources;
– transition from non-renewable energy sources to renewable;
– cooperation in the field of digital economy. Emphasis on the importance of digital transformation of the global economy and society, which comprehensively contributes to the growth of the global economy. Digital transformation contributes to creating the necessary conditions for inclusive global growth and brings benefits to all participants;
– the development of multilateral security mechanisms, the fight against the consequences of globalization for security and the violation of the former strategic balance.
The prospects of further expansion of the participating countries by accepting observer states as full members, primarily the Republic of Belarus and dialogue partners Bahrain, the UAE, Kuwait, Maldives and Myanmar, were considered. The huge unrealized potential for further development of integration processes between the participating countries was also noted.
Keywords: Shanghai Cooperation Organization, SCO, trade, trade turnover, economic potential, import, export, development, economy.
- Gorbachev A.S. The Basis for Deepening the Integration Process in the SCO: Priority Directions. Economics and Entrepreneurship, 2022, no. 3(140), pp. 67-70. EDN: AHWKUQ DOI: 10.34925/EIP.2022.140.03.009
- Lukin A. V. Russia and China in Greater Eurasia. Polis. Political studies, 2020, no. 5, pp. 46-59. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.17976/jpps/2020.05.04
- Mokretsky A.Ch. Russian-Chinese relations in a new era: new problems – new vectors of interaction. Problems of the Far East, 2021, no. 4, pp. 5-25. (In Russian). DOI: 10.31857/S013128120016169-6
- Panova G.S. Peculiarities of interaction between the SCO countries in the financial and banking sphere. Banking services, 2020, no. 2, pp. 2-9. (In Russian). DOI: 10.36992/2075-1915_2020_2_2
- Pivovar E.I. Eurasian Development Bank. The main directions of financial and expert-analytical activities (2006-2020). Bulletin of the Russian State Humanitarian University. Series: Eurasian Studies. Story. Political science. International relationships, 2021, no. 3, pp. 10-48. (In Russian). DOI: 10.28995/2686-7648-2021-3-10-48
- Pogodin S.N. Foreign Policy Interests of the Russian Federation in Central Asia. Eurasian Integration: Economics, Law, Politics, 2021, no. 2(36), pp. 77-85. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.22394/2073-2929-2021-02-77-85
- Revenko N.S. Contours of the project approach to the economic cooperation of the SCO countries. Horizons of the economy, 2020, no. 4(57), pp. 57-64. (In Russian). EDN: AZLQRB URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43833503
- Stepanov N.S. Influence of the EAEU and the OBOR on accelerating the modernization of economic models for the development of Russia and China. Russia and the modern world, 2020, no. 3(108), pp. 109-129. (In Russian). DOI: 10.31249/rsm/2020.03.07
- Schensnovich V.N. Cooperation between Russia and Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan within the framework of the SCO and the EAEU. Russia and the Muslim world, 2020, no. 4(318), pp. 33-41. (In Russian). EDN: YDODCH DOI: 10.31249/rimm/2020.04.02
- Tolmachev P.I. The economic mechanism of the spatial development of the SCO countries in the context of post-industrial trends in the world economy. Questions of the new economy. 2021. no. 1(57). pp. 35-41. (In Russian). EDN: TKUSRZ DOI: 10.52170/1994-0556_2021_57_35
- Fedun L. Prospects for the development of global and Russian energy: scenarios up to 2050. Energy policy, 2022, no. 1(167), pp. 6-19. (In Russian). EDN: DREUIL DOI: 10.46920/2409-5516_2022_1167_6
- Kheifets B.A. The role of Russia in the development of integration processes in emerging markets. Economics of the region, 2020, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 625-636. (In Russian). EDN: PSXNLB DOI: 10.17059/2020-2-22
- Chen S. China’s way to optimize the supply of regional public goods of the SCO after expansion. Bulletin of the Moscow University. Series 12: Political Science, 2021, no. 2, pp. 36-71. (In Russian). EDN: YZKNSP URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46810537
- Peng B., Zhao Y., Elahi E. Pathway and key factor identification of third-party market cooperation of China’s overseas energy investment projects. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 2022, vol. 183. 121931. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2022.121931
- Chabal P. Evolving regional values and mobilities in global contexts: The emergence of new (Eur-)Asian regions and dialogues with Europe. Evolving regional values and mobilities in global contexts: The emergence of new (Eur-) Asian regions and dialogues with Europe, 2021, pp. 1-386. DOI: 10.3726/b17874
- Alimov R. The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation: Its role and place in the development of Eurasia. Journal of Eurasian Studies, 2018, vol. 9, issue 2, pp. 114-124. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euras.2018.08.001
- Yuan R., Luo J. Understanding organizational resilience in a platform-based sharing business: The role of absorptive capacity. Journal of Business Research, 2022, vol. 141, pp. 85-99. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2021.11.012
Prudnikov V.V., Napris Zh.S., Zhemulin S.B. Prospects for the economic development of Russia and countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization. CITISE, 2022, no. 4, pp.143-153. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.4.13