Khan R.S., Surkov V.V.
REGIONAL FEATURES OF POSITIONING OF CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS IN MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Khan R.S.1 (Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Surkov V.V.1 (Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Don State Technical University
Abstract. The article is devoted to the communicative aspects of the positioning of residential construction products by the regional construction companies. For a number of reasons, the domestic construction industry has traditionally been characterized by a conservative attitude towards such instruments of influencing the market as marketing in general and branding in particular. The excess demand over supply, which has been observed in the Russian housing market for a long time, allowed construction companies to view marketing as a secondary, unproductive element of market activity. However, the strong growth in production that has occurred in the field of residential construction over the past several years has led to a significant intensification of competition between construction companies. Therefore, it contributed to increased consumers’ demands, and, as a result, forced construction companies to reconsider their previous attitude to marketing. By now, the creation and promotion of residential complexes’ brands, as well as their own corporate brands, has become an urgent need virtually for each of the large construction companies operating in the housing market. Nevertheless, despite the obvious progress on this issue, the situation in the regional markets has its own specifics, which differ from market to market. The aim of the study is to identify and evaluate the positioning patterns used by construction companies and developers in Rostov-on-Don in relation to the observed changes in consumer behavior. Also, the study examines the practice of the reflection of the positioning patterns in developers’ advertising and information materials. The article, based on the results of a continuous survey of 150 real estate objects, shows that, despite the growing importance of the developer’s brand as a factor in consumer choice, only a small part of construction companies consistently draw attention to this element through marketing communications. And for the positioning of residential complexes under construction in marketing messages, construction companies and developers most actively use a narrow set of template accents that do not allow forming an effective unique selling proposition.
Keywords: construction marketing, communications in construction marketing, positioning of a construction company, positioning of a real estate, brand of a construction company, brand of a real estate.
- Anisimova N.A., Popov V.G., Smotrova T.I. Planning and Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Advertising and Promotion Activities in the Residential Real Estate Market. Modern Economy: Problems and Solutions, 2017, no. 2, pp.96-102. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30095485
- Baryshnikov A.A., Korotych I.O., Mustafin N.Sh. Features of construction marketing in Russia. Regional development: electronic scientific and practical journal, 2016, no.6, pp. 7. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28828862
- Batalova A.Yu., Solovieva D.V. Integrated marketing communications in the field of urbanism. Penza, Penza State Agrarian University Publ., 2019, pp.14-18. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38074994
- Veliev E.F. Features of marketing in construction. Young scientist, 2018, no. 10., pp. 92-94. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32613503
- Kogotkova I.Z., Mekhtieva A.Yu. Improving marketing activities in a construction organization. University Bulletin, 2016, no.11, pp.75-78. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27468181
- Laguta I.V., Korotych I.O. The specifics of marketing in construction. Implementation of marketing activities. Regional development, 2016, no. 6, pp.8. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28828863
- Leontieva M. V., Leontieva M. K. Functioning of organizations in the conditions of economic turbulence. Discussion, 2018, no.2, pp.59-63. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37205113
- Manukyan D. D. Analysis of modern marketing trends in the construction industry. Bulletin of the University, 2017, no.5, pp.40-43. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29274517
- Martynenko E.V., Mikhailov V.A. The specifics of the marketing of the investment and construction complex. Society: politics, economics, law, 2016, no 12, pp. 66-69. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27633485
- Khan R.S., Surkov V.V. Transformation of construction marketing in the digital economy. CITISE, 2019, no. 1, pp.40. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37292613
- Abdolmalekia K., Ahmadian S. The relationship between product characteristics, customer and supplier involvement and new product development. Procedia Economics and Finance, 2016, vol.36, pp. 147-156. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(16)30026-0
- Ding A.W., Li Sh. National response strategies andmarketing innovations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Business Horizons, 2021, vol.4, issue 2, pp. 295-306. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2020.12.005
- Khan R.S., Surkov V.V., Drazhba O.V. Druzhba K.G. On the issue of the construction products brands’ promoti. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2020, vol. 913, issue. 5, Article 052018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/913/5/052018
- Ozawa T., Sekiguchi A., Tsuda K. A Method for the Construction of Customer Behavioral Modeling Knowledge for B2B Event Marketing Strategy. Procedia Computer Science, 2017, vol.112, pp.1353-1360. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2017.08.027
- Naresh Sh.G. Do brand personalities make a difference to consumers? Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2012, Vol.37, pp. 13-37. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.03.272
- Sonawanea M.A., Chaudhari A. Relationship marketing to product based marketing a trend of residential construction business. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2012, vol. 37, pp.197-206. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.03.286
Khan R.S., Surkov V.V. Regional features of positioning of construction products in marketing communications. CITISE, 2021, no. 2, pp.500-509. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.2.46