Khan R.S., Konevec D.A.
EFFICIENCY MANAGEMENT OF A CONSTRUCTION ENTERPRISE BASED ON A MARKETING APPROACH
Khan R.S.1 (Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Konevec D.A.1 (Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Don State Technical University
Abstract. The article is devoted to the issues of improving of the construction industry enterprises’ efficiency on the basis of its preliminary assessment. The tightening economic conditions in the construction market lead to the necessity of searching the adequate tools of improving the efficiency of construction enterprises. The development of measures to improve the enterprise efficiency requires an adequate assessment of the existing efficiency. There are a significant number of approaches to assessing the effectiveness of an enterprise in the market, but almost all of them are based on economic indicators only. The purpose of the study is to develop an approach to managing the effectiveness of a construction company based on its step-by-step assessment. The process of managing the efficiency of the enterprise is considered as a set of stages, which provide for both conducting evaluation activities and developing strategic decisions to improve the efficiency of the construction organization in the market. The article attempts to show the possibilities of evaluating the construction companies’ effectiveness using marketing characteristics, for which the corresponding system of indicators is proposed. The proposed evaluation system allows to evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s activities not only by formal economic indicators, but also to take into account the current situation in the market and the position occupied by the company in it, through the marketing mix of the construction company. Conducting an assessment of the effectiveness of the company’s activities according to the proposed methodology is one of the logical stages of the managing process of the construction company’s effectiveness based on marketing tools. And the basic model of assessment is also proposed in the article. The proposed model has been tested at the construction enterprises of the Rostov region and has shown a high degree of its effectiveness. The universality of the proposed approach lies in the fact that the system of indicators can be adapted to enterprises of any industry and sphere of activity, which will allow it to be applied in a wide economic space.
Keywords: efficiency of activity, marketing of a construction organization, efficiency improvement, economic efficiency, efficiency model.
- Akimova A.A. Features of evaluating the effectiveness of construction organizations. Innovation and investment, 2016, no.11, pp.128-130. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41520395
- Voronina N.A., Danshina V.V., Zhulina E.G., Kuznetsova I.V. Efficiency of construction industry enterprises in the conditions of market economy restrictions. Bulletin of the Saratov State Socio-Economic University, 2018, no.2, pp. 52-56. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=34909075
- Dubino N.V., Stepanova T.A. Organizational and economic mechanism for assessing the competitiveness of construction industry enterprises. Proceedings of Universities. Investment. Construction. Real estate, 2018, no. 1, pp.46-59. (In Russian) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21285/2227-2917-2018-1-46-59
- Knyazeva E.V., Shapoval E.V. Efficiency of enterprise activity and factors influencing it. Bulletin of the University, 2018, no. 2, pp.112-115. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.26425/1816-4277-2018-2-112-115
- Leontieva M.V., Leontieva M.K. Functioning of organizations in the conditions of economic turbulence. Discussion, 2018, no.2, pp. 59-63. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37205113
- Manukyan D.D. Analysis of modern marketing trends in the construction industry. Bulletin of the University, 2017, no.5, pp. 40-43. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29274517
- Muharramova E.R. Evaluation of the effectiveness of the construction enterprise in order to maximize the use of available resources. Russian Entrepreneurship, 2015, no. 16, pp. 2635-2650. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.18334/rp.16.16.619
- Shchetinina E.D., Dubino N.V. Balanced scorecard as a basis for managing the competitiveness of construction enterprises in the region. Bulletin of BSTU named after V.G. Shukhov, 2017, no.11, pp. 218-225. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.12737/article_5a001ac85c0583.51773455
- Ding A.W., Li Sh. National response strategies and marketing innovations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Business Horizons, 2021, vol. 4, issue2, pp. 295-306. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2020.12.005
- Elsayegh A., Dagli C.H., El-Adaway I.H. An Agent-based Model to Study Competitive Construction Bidding and the Winner’s Curse. Procedia Computer Science, 2020, vol. 168, pp.147–153. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2020.02.278
- Kedir F., Hall D.M. Resource efficiency in industrialized housing constructione. A systematic review of current performance and future opportunities. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2021, vol. 286, Article 125443. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.125443
- Khan R.S., Surkov V.V., Olatalo O.A. Fedosenko A.A. Construction enterprises’ marketing activities in the economic turbulence period. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2020, vol. 913, Is. 5, Article 052013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/913/5/052013
- Manking M. Great companies obsess over productivity, not efficiency. Harvard Business Review, 2017, no.1. Available at: https://hbr.org/2017/03/greatcompanies-obsess-over-productivity-not-efficiency (accessed 11 May 2021)
- Morrish S.C., Jones R. Post-disaster business recovery: An entrepreneurial marketing perspective. Journal of Business Research, 2020, vol. 113, pp. 83-92. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.03.041
- Terenina I.V., Ovanesyan N.M., Khan R.S., Fedosenko A.A. Marketing Activity in the Context of the Digital Economy. International Journal of Economics and Business Administration, 2019, vol. 7, pp. 16-25. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41403453
Khan R.S., Konevec D.A. Efficiency management of a construction enterprise based on a marketing approach. CITISE, 2021, no. 2, pp.461-472. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.2.43