Shimanovskaya Y.V., Sarychev A.S.
SOCIAL AND SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL SUPPORT OLDER PEOPLE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Shimanovskaya Y.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Sarychev A.S.2 (Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Russian State Social University
2Northern State Medical University
Abstract. Elderly people had a particularly difficult time during the coronavirus epidemic in Russia. Pensioners were at high risk, as the infection is deadly for the elderly and sick citizens. In this situation, the typical problems faced by older people on a daily basis remain unchanged: the exacerbation of diseases, the problem of loneliness and lack of demand, low material security, various psychological and medical problems associated with the exacerbation of chronic diseases. Recently, the forms and methods of working with older people are constantly undergoing changes, when older people become active participants in social life, participating in the organization of their own lives, as well as the lives of others. They participate in volunteer projects, are engaged in self-organization of their leisure time and their immediate environment. The state provides an opportunity to undergo training in various training programs in popular specialties for the possible professional longevity of older people, which also contributes to the organization of self-employment of citizens. Self-organization of elderly citizens gives a sense of self-realization, demand and, in general, satisfaction with life in the post-labor period. Self-organization is considered by specialists and experts in the social sphere as an innovative form of work with this category of citizens, aimed at activating the internal resources and potential of the elderly person’s personality.The study of regulatory and legal forms of providing social support to older people during the COVID-19 pandemic provides information on what actions the state and society are taking in relation to older people. This information can be used in planning social support measures for elderly citizens in various regions of the Russian Federation.
Keywords: elderly people, social protection, social assistance, retraining, social support, self-help, COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bashkova NS Priority directions of development of social services for elderly citizens and disabled people. Actual directions of scientific research: from theory to practice, 2016, no. 1 (7), pp. 180-181. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25612321
- Bezenkova T.A., Ispulova S.N., Oleinik E.V., Potrikeeva O.L., Suprunenko G.A., Andrusyak N.Yu. Socio-pedagogical technologies for accompanying and supporting the elderly (on the example of the city of Magnitogorsk). Modern science-intensive technologies, 2018, no. 8. pp. 176-180. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35590847
- Varfolomeev A.G. Health capital in Russia: main development trends and modern realities. CITISE, 2020, no. 4, pp. 408-418. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.4.35
- Gavlovskaya G.V., Pushkareva N.O. Problems of Trends in the Social Sphere of Russia in Conditions of Sustainable Development. Bulletin of the Altai Academy of Economics and Law, 2020, no. 4, pp. 19-28. (In Russian) URL:https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42673304
- Grabchuk K.M. The influence of the socio-cultural activity of older people on overcoming negative stereotypes of old age. Psychology of maturity and aging, 2009, no. 2, pp. 5–12. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23280387
- Grigorieva S.A. Formation of conditions for social activity of citizens of the older generation. Social and humanitarian knowledge, 2018, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 164-172. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35667153
- Evseev V.O. Modeling of variable indicators of the development of the system of social protection of the population. CITISE, 2020, no. 2, pp. 356-370. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.2.33
- Kozina G.Yu., Gerasimova Yu.M. Modern view of the organization of social work with older people. Young scientist, 2018, no. 40 (226), pp. 70-73. (In Russian) URL:https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36066674
- Kislitsina O.A. Factors influencing the satisfaction of Russians with the healthcare system. Social aspects of population health, 2020, no. 2 (66). (In Russian) DOI: 10.21045/2071-5021-2020-66-2-8
- Kononova L.I., Kononova A.P. Resources of social work with a person in conditions of change. Monograph. Moscow, IDPO DTSZN Publ., 2018, 181 p. (In Russian) ISBN 978-5-4213-0104-2
- Kulikova N.A., Samarina M.N. Organization of communication clubs for elderly citizens in the context of the implementation of the model of active aging. Bulletin of the Tomsk State University, 2014, no. 385, pp. 57–61. (In Russian) DOI: 10.17223/15617793/385/9
- Papanova E.K. Factors of differences in self-assessment of health between the population of Moscow and other regions of Russia. Social aspects of population health, 2020, no. 1 (66). (In Russian) DOI: 10.21045/2071-5021-2020-66-1-11
- Sekinaeva B.Sh. Implementation of additional education programs on information technology for citizens of pre-retirement age. CITISE, 2020, no. 1, pp. 347-355. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.1.32
- Sokolova I.I., Ilyina L.N. New discourses in adult education: from additional vocational education to lifelong learning. Continuous education, 2018, no. 4 (26), pp. 10-12. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36776504
- Khizbullina R.Z., Galina G.K., Sultanova R.M., Valeeva A.I., Salemgaraeva L.R. Using distance learning as an innovative technology of the modern education system during a pandemic. CITISE, 2020, no. 4, pp. 149-161. (In Russian) DOI:http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.4.14
- Shimanovskaya Ya.V., Shimanovskaya K.A., Sarychev A.S. Fundamentals of social medicine. Moscow, KnoRus Publ., 2020, 438 p. (In Russian) ISBN: 978-5-406-07477-0
- Tynnikova A.N., Smirnova E.V. The essence and characteristics of adult education in the system of additional professional education. International student scientific bulletin, 2017, no. 4-7, pp. 1028-1030. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29966350
- Kozlovskaya S.N., Anikeeva O.A.. Sizikova V.V. The Influence of Cultural Tourism on the Disabled People’s Personal Advancement and Evaluation of the Quality of Life. Modern journal of language teaching methods, 2018, vol. 8, issue 1-2, pp.342-351.
- Medvedeva G.P., Shimanovskaya, Ya.V. Well-being as meaning of social-and-humanitarian activities. RPTSS 2018. Irkutsk, Irkutsk National Research Technical University Publ., 2018, vol. 5, pp. 778-784. DOI: 10.15405/epsbs.2018.12.96.
- Sizikova V., Anikeeva O., Shimanovskaya Ya. Formation of practical competences in disabled people professional education and persons with health opportunities restrictions. Moscow, Russian State Social University Publ., 2018, pp. 853-859. URL:https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36396463
Shimanovskaya Y.V., Sarychev A.S. Social and socio-pedagogical support older people during the COVID-19 pandemic. CITISE, 2021, no. 1, pp.346-359. DOI:http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.1.31