I.Troyan, I. Bayrakova
THEORETICAL AND METHODOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF THE ANALYSIS OF THE BUSINESS VALUATION SYSTEM IN THE SERVICE SECTOR
Irina A. Troyan – PhD in Economics, Associate Professor of the Department of economic theory Institute of Economics and Management of V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University Simferopol, Russian Federation, ORCID: 0000-0002-5694-9843, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Irina V. Bayrakova – PhD in Economics, Associate Professor of the Department of economic theory Institute of Economics and Management of V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University Simferopol, Russian Federation, ORCID: 0000-0002-3374-8176, E-mail: email@example.com
Abstract. The article examines the theoretical and methodological aspects of assessing the value of enterprises in the service sector, which is relevant in a market economy. The purpose of the article is to develop an author’s approach to assessing the value of a business in the service sector. The methodological basis of the study was the general philosophical methods of synthesis and analysis, as well as the method of analogy. Since business value management is based on evaluation results, this process can be considered as a synthesis of a static and dynamic theory of economic phenomena. The article developed a mechanism for applying the proposed approach to assessing the value of a business in the services market, including when developing and implementing an enterprise development strategy. The structural algorithm for the formation of a balanced scorecard, considered in the article, includes the following blocks: finance; market or customers; internal business processes; education and development. The main stages of introducing a balanced scorecard are substantiated. A step-by-step algorithm of its practical implementation in a service industry enterprise is proposed. The introduction of a balanced scorecard, which brings together all the components of a business entity and makes it possible to obtain advantages in the market, is a new (innovative) solution to solving the totality of problems in increasing the value of a service industry enterprise. An analysis of an effective system for assessing the value of a business is carried out, which gives a realistic idea, how service enterprises should work in the future. When assessing the value of a service company, the article proposes the development of analytical conclusions about the mechanism of its formation, the structure of factors that create value.
Keywords: business valuation, valuation method, business process, services, balanced scorecard.
- Anikanova M.A., Morgunov A.F. A Criterion assessment of the possibility of automating the business processes of small businesses on a public cloud platform. Business Informatics, 2015, no. 3 (33), pp. 55–64. (in Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24351097
- Bogoutdinov B. B., Barannikov A. L. Investment attractiveness and the development strategy of business entities. Economic policy, 2016, no. 11 (6), pp. 60-81. (in Russian) DOI: https: //10.18288/1994-5124-2016-6-03
- Valdaytsev S. V. On the accuracy of practical estimates of the market value of companies. Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University, Management, 2012, no. 3, pp. 116–133. (in Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17976324
- Demyanova E. A. Actual issues of the valuation of companies in the conditions of Fintech. Strategic decisions and risk management, 2018, no. 1 (106), pp. 102-117. (in Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=34995973
- Kogdenko V.G., Melnik M.V. Current trends in business analysis: a study of a company’s ecosystem, an analysis of the informational component of a business model, an assessment of growth opportunities. Regional Economics: Theory and Practice, 2018, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 38 – 57. (in Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.24891/re.16.1.38
- Lukashov V. N., Lukashov N. V. Determination of the discount rate for investment design and business valuation: the difference in approaches to calculus and application. Bulletin of St. Petersburg University, 2019, vol. 35. no. 1, pp. 83–112.(in Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.21638/spbu05.2019.104
- Nehoda E.V., Redchikova N.A., Tyuleneva N.A. Business models of companies: from profit to sustainable development and value creation. Manager, 2018, vol. 9. no.4, pp. 9–19. (in Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.29141/2218-5003-2018-9-4-2
- Nissen V., Mullerlayle T., Kazakova E.O., Lezina T. A. Analysis of the adoption of new business processes using IT experiments. Bulletin of St. Petersburg University, 2016, no. 3, pp. 109-129. (in Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.21638/11701/spbu05.2016.307
- Simchenko N.A., Troyan I.A., Goryachikh M.V., Andryushchenko E.S. Digitalization of socially significant services in the context of the digital transformation of the economy of the Republic of Crimea. Service in Russia and abroad, 2019, vol. 13, no. 2 (84), pp. 223-234. (in Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/24411/1995-042X-2019-10221
- Khayrullin I.G., Khayrullina K.T., Minikeev R.T. On the experience of using a combined approach in assessing the value of a company. Kazan Economic Bulletin, 2018, no. 2,pp. 37–42. (in Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36874874
- Abudy M., Benninga S., Shust E., The cost of equity for private firms. Journal of Corporate Finance, 2016, vol. 37, pp. 431-443. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcorpfin.2016.01.014.
- Almabekova O., Kuzmich R. ,Antosik E. Income Approach to Business Valuation: Russian Perspective. Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business, 2018, no. 21, pp. 115 –128. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2478/zireb-2018-0017
- Baule R., The cost of debt capital revisited. Business Research, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40685-018-0070-6
- Bini M. Implied Cost of Capital: How to Calculate It and How to Use It. Business Valuation OIV Journal Fall, 2018, vol. 0, no. 0, pp. 5-32.
- Cornwall J., Vang D., Hartman J. Business Valuation. Entrepreneurial Financial Management, 2019, 30 p. DOI: https://doi.org 10.4324/9780429320484-15
- Dorfleitner G. On the use of the terminal-value approach in risk-value models. SSRN Journal, 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2905827
- Florin T., Florin D., Petre B., Ștefania J. Theoretical and Practical Issues in Business Valuation. Studia Universitatis, Seria Stiinte Economice, 2016, no. 26, pp.1-23. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/sues-2016-0016
- Gleißner W., Ernst D. Company valuation as result of risk analysis: replication approach as an alternative to the CAPM. Business Valuation OIV Journal, 2019, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3-18. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3458862
- Herk M. Business Valuation with ODDS: Odds as a Financial Ratio in Business Valuation Theory. SSRN Journal, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3194541
- Hermoza R., César J., Jesús M.E. Brief Considerations On Business Valuation Methods. Tendencias, 2017,18(2), pp. 168-182. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22267/rtend.171802.83
- Heyes G, Sharmina M., Manuel J. F., Alejandro M. Gallego-Schmid, AdisaAzapagic, Developing and implementing circular economy business models in service-oriented technology companies. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2018, vol. 177, pp. 621-632. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.12.168
- Joos P., Piotroski J.D., Srinivasan S., Can Analysts assess fundamental risk and valuation uncertainty? An empirical analysis of scenario-based value estimates. Journal of Financial Economics, 2016, no. 121, pp. 645-663. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfineco.2016.05.003
- Rossi M.The capital asset pricing model: a critical literature review. Global Business and Economics Review, 2016, no. 5, pp. 604-617. DOI: org/10.1504/GBER.2016.10000254
- Weber M. Cash flow duration and the term structure of equity returns. Journal of Financial Economics, 2018, no. 128, pp. 486-503. DOI:org/10.1016/j.jfineco.2018.03.003
- Zavyalova E., Kucherov D., Tsybova V. Human Resource Management at Russian Companies. Leaders of the Global Economy. Foresight and STI Governance, 2017, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 52–61. DOI: 17323/2500-2597.2017.4.52.61
Troyan I.A., Bayrakova I.V. Theoretical and methodological aspects of the analysis of the business valuation system in the service sector. CITISE, 2020, no. 1, pp. 182-194. DOI: http://oi.org/1.15350/2409761.2020.1.17