Lazareva Yu.V., Govendyaeva A.A.
FEATURES OF HARDINESS AND TENDENCY TO DEVIANT BEHAVIOR IN ADOLESCENCE
Lazareva Yu.V.1 (Tyumen, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Govendyaeva A.A.2 (Tyumen, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Tyumen State University
2Сhildren’s center “Happiness”
Abstract. Rapid changes are taking place in modern society: economic conditions, familiar family traditions, educational standards are changing. Teenagers, by virtue of their psychophysiological characteristics, tend to react sharply to changes in public life, assimilating both the positive and negative influences of the changes that have arisen. The statistical data presented in the article raises anxiety about the low potential of modern adolescents to resist the negative phenomena of society. The article presents the results of studying the characteristics of the hardiness of adolescents with a tendency to deviant behavior. The survey involved teenagers 13-14 years old, studying in the eighth grade of school No. 70 in the city of Tyumen, in the amount of 100 people. To identify the tendency to deviant behavior in adolescents, the test of the same name by E.V. Leus. To identify the level of vitality, adapted by D.A. Leontiev, E.I. Rasskazova questionnaire by S. Muddy “Hardiness Survey”. As a result of the research work, 1) revealed a statistically significant differences (p £ 0.01) in the general level of resilience and the level of involvement of adolescents who are prone and not prone to deviations; 2) revealed a statistically significant inverse correlation (p £ 0.01) of the general level of resilience and the component of involvement with a tendency to autoaggressive, aggressive, delinquent behavior, as well as a significant inverse correlation of the control component with a tendency to autoaggressive behavior. The results of the study allow us to assume that the prevention of deviant behavior among adolescents will increase the level of resilience and reduce the risk of their socio-psychological maladjustment.
Keywords: hardiness, commitment, control, challenge, teenagers, deviant behavior, aggressive behavior, addictive behavior, delinquent behavior, suicidal behavior.
- Aleksandrova L.A. Towards the concept of hardiness in psychology. Siberian psychology today: collection of scientific papers, 2003, vol. 2, pp. 82-90. (In Russian) ISBN 5-202-00661-6
- Bogdanovich N.V., Delibalt V.V. Prevention of deviant behavior of children and adolescents as a field of activity of a psychologist in educational institutions. Psychology and Law, 2020, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 1–14. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.17759/psylaw.2020100201
- Bogomaz S.A., Balanev D.U. Hardiness as a component of human innovation potential. Siberian Psychological Journal, 2009, no. 32, pp. 23-28. (In Russian) URL: : https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=12883840
- Egorychev A.M., Kretinin A.S. Social pedagogy in the solution of important social tasks of modern Russian society. CITISE, 2017, no. 3(12), pp. 10. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30797568
- Zmanovskaja E.V. Deviantology: The Psychology of deviant behavior. Moscow, Akademija Publ., 2008. 288 p. (In Russian) ISBN 978-5-7695-4921-2
- Ivanov A.V. The technology of psychological and pedagogical co-overcoming of the infantility of adolescents and youth. CITISE, 2019, no. 1 (18), pp. 27. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37292600
- Ivanova M.A. Life scenarios and hardiness of adolescents. Basic research, 2013, no. 10-4, pp. 875-878. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20303160
- Kucherenko P.A., Korovjakovskij D.G., Antonova N.V., Hromova N.M., Majstrovich E.V. Volunteerism as a tool for preventing deviant behavior in adolescents. Psychology and Law, 2020, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 51–63. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.17759/psylaw.2020100205
- Leont’ev D.A. Personal in personality: personal potential as the basis for self-determination. Scientific notes of the Department of General Psychology, Moscow State University. M.V. Lomonosov, 2002, vol. 1, pp. 56-65. (In Russian)
- Leont’ev D.A., Rasskazova E.I. Vitality test. Moscow, Smysl Publ., 2006. 63 p. (In Russian) ISBN 5-89357-228-9
- Leus Je.V., Solov’jov A.G., Sidorov P.I. Juvenile deviant behavior diagnostics. Bulletin of the South Ural State Pedagogical University, 2012, no. 9, pp. 268-277. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18237712
- Meshkova N.V., Enikolopov S.N. Creativity and deviance: the present state of the Issue in psychology. aPsychology and Law, 2020, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 86–107. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.17759/psylaw.2020100307
- Ruban L.S. Today’s deviant behavior and the youths’ attitudes to its manifestations. RUDN Journal of Sociology, 2018, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 318–333. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2313-2272-2018-18-2-318-333
- Sivrikova N.V., Postnikova M.I., Soldatova E.L., Ptashko T.G., Chernikova E.G., Shevchenko A.A. Comparative analysis of hardiness among different generations in contemporary Russia. Russian Psychological Journal, 2019, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 144–165. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.21702/rpj.2019.1.7
- Sokolova M.V., Dozorceva E.G. The tendency to auto-aggressive behavior in adolescents and the Information they consume on the Internet. Psychology and Law, 2019, vol. 9, no 1, pp. 22–35. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.17759/psylaw.2019090102
- Fedotova V.A. Determinants of hardiness among representatives of three generations in modern Russia. Russian Psychological Journal, 2020, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 74–91. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.21702/rpj.2020.1.6
- Ciring D.A. Investigation of hardiness in helpless and independent adolescents. Bulletin of the Tomsk State University, 2009, no. 323, pp. 336-342. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=13418787
- Shukshina L.V., Cojuhari E.V. Hardiness and self-esteem as predictors of achievement motivation among students. CITISE, 2021, no. 1, pp. 462-477. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.1.42
- Andronnikova O.O., Radzikhovskaya O.E. Specifics of the attitude of students with deviant behaviour to school mediation service. Journal of Siberian Federal University. Humanities & Social Sciences, 2020, no. 13(9), pp. 1517-1528. (In Russian) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17516/1997-1370-0660
- Maddi S. Dispositional hardiness in health and effectiveness. Encyclopedia of Mental Health. San Diego (CA): Academic Press Publ., 1998. pp. 323-335.
- Maddi S. Relevance of hardiness assessment and training to the military context. Military Psychology, 2007, no. 19(1), pp. 61-70. DOI: 10.1080/08995600701323301
- Maddi S., Kobasa S. The Hardy Executive: Health under Stress. Homewood, ILL.,Dow Jones-Irwin, Publ., 1984. 131 p.
- Cicchetti D. Resilience under conditions of extreme stress: a multilevel perspective. World Psychiatry, 2010, vol. 9, issue. 3, pp. 145-154. DOI: 10.1002 / j.2051-5545.2010.tb00297.x
Lazareva Yu.V., Govendyaeva A.A. Features of hardiness and tendency to deviant behavior in adolescence. CITISE, 2021, no. 2, pp.447-460. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.2.42