A. Melnik, S. Siryachenko, J. Sanzhinova, I. Kiryukhina
DEVELOPMENT OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT FROM THE 50S OF THE 20TH CENTURY TO THE PRESENT DAY
Anastasia D. Melnik – Senior lecture of the Department «Scientific and technical translationand professional communication», Don State Technical University, Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation, SPIN-код: 9396-3527, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6710-9495, E-mail: email@example.com
Sergey R. Siryachenko – Student, Don State Technical University, Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation.
Jana A. Sanzhinova – Student, Don State Technical University, Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation.
Irina Yu. Kiryukhina – Student, Don State Technical University, Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation.
Abstract. This article discusses the impact of information progress on the evolution of quality management. The various methods of effective control of production processes, the features of their control systems are given. The article shows one of the possible examples of the analysis of quality management development from the 50s of the 19th century to the present day. Globalization and uneven global development carry a significant burden on product quality management and contribute to the organization of flexible systems of production processes of enterprise management (KANARSPI, TQM, ISO, etc.). Continuous improvements in the management of information flows of technological and executive processes are necessary for the graduated maintenance of quality, which consists of quality assurance, quality management and improvement of product quality for the ideal organization of production management. Based on the fundamental principles of these production quality management systems, it is possible to achieve high quality of the product and the enterprise. The purpose of this study is to acquaint the reader with the results of research and ideas on the topic of quality management and its development since the 50s of the 19th сentury till the 21st century of our days on the key points. The relevance of the article is due to the need to study the mechanisms of quality management on which the quality of management of the entire organization as a whole depends. The practical and theoretical significance of the given problem determined the relevance of this research. The theoretical and methodological basis of this research was the works of the Russian and foreign authors in the field of quality management, reflected in the relevant publications. The practical significance of this article lies in the possibility of using this material in the course of lectures on disciplines related to the specialty «Quality Management» in English.
Keywords: quality management, manufacturing processes, quality management systems, organization, quality engineer, information globalization.
- Ahire S.L., Dreyfuss, P. The impact of design management and process management on quality: an empirical investigation. Journal of Operations Management, 2000, no. 18(5), pp. 549-575.
- Anette Oxenswardh, Per-Arne Forsberg. To Lead Change – To Work and Study with Creativity and Structure – A Course Design for Deeper Learning Outcomes within a Course in Quality Technology. Quality Innovation Prosperity, 2019, vol. 23, no. 1. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12776/qip.v23i1.1167
- Bou J.C., Beltran I. Total quality management, high‐commitment human resource strategy and firm performance: an empirical study. Total Quality Management, 2005, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 71‐86.
- Dellana S. and Kros J. ISO 9001 and supply chain quality in the USA. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 2018, vol. 67(2), pp.297-317. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-05-2015-0080
- Dominik Zimon, Grzegorz Zimon. The Impact of Implementation of Standardized Quality Management Systems on Management of Liabilities in Group Purchasing Organizations. Quality Innovation Prosperity, 2019, vol. 23, no. 1. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12776/qip.v23i1.1210
- Douglas T.J. and Judge W.Q. Total quality management implementation and competitive advantage: the role of structural control and exploration. Academy of Management Journal, 2001, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 158‐69.
- Evans J. R., Lindsay W. M. Managing for Quality and Performance Excellence. – Ohio: Thomson Business and Economics, 2008.
- Fonseca L.M., Domingues J.P. Empirical research of the ISO 9001: 2015 transition process in Portugal: Motivations, benefits, and success factors. Quality Innovation Prosperity, 2018, no. 22(2), pp.16-46. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12776/qip.v22i2.1099
- Graeme Knowles. Quality Management, 2011, p 192.
- Hellman Pasi, Liu Yang Development of Quality Management Systems: How Have Disruptive Technological Innovations in Quality Management Affected Organizations? Quality Innovation Prosperity, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12776/qip.v17i1.154
- Ian Smith. Organisational quality and organisational change: Interconnecting paths to effectiveness. Library Management, 2011, vol. 32, pp.111-128. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/01435121111102629
- Il’enkovoj S. D. Quality management. M.: 1998, pp. 53-78.
- Johnsen T.E. Purchasing and supply management in an industrial marketing perspective. Industrial Marketing Management, 2018, vol. 69, pp. 91-97. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2018.01.017
- Kafel P., Simon A. The Reasons for Decertification of ISO 9001: Financial Aspects. Quality Innovation Prosperity, 2017, no. 21(3), pp.173-184. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12776/qip.v21i3.1024
- Lilian M. de Menezes. Job satisfaction and quality management: an empirical analysis. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 2012, vol. 32 Issue: 3, pp.308-328. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/01443571211212592
- Majkl M., Majkl A., Franklin H. Management basics. DELO Publ., 1997, pp. 473-485.
- Melnik A.D., Goncharov S.S., Drozdov E.A. Automatization in the agro-industrial complex. In the collection: Information and communication culture: science and education collection of articles of the conference, 2019, pp. 201-203. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37613760
- Melnik A.D., Petukhov V.V., Leonov A.Yu. Information systems in modern world. In the collection: Information and communication culture: science and education collection of articles of the conference, 2019, pp. 205-208. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37613761
- Petros A. Kostagiolas, Maria B. Kitsiou. Issues and perceptions for ISO 9000 implementation in Greek academic libraries. Library Management, 2008, vol. 29, Issue: 6/7, pp. 583-599. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/01435120810894572.
- Pohlovskaja T.M., Adler Ju.P., Nazarova I.G., Henuzidi E.I., Shper V.L. Standards and quality, 2004, no. 5, pp. 76 – 81.
- Romeu Araujo, Gilberto Santos, José Batista da Costa, José Carlos Sá The Quality Management System as a Driver of Organizational Culture: An Empirical Study in the Portuguese Textile Industry. Quality Innovation Prosperity, 2019, vol. 23, no. 1. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12776/qip.v23i1.1132
- Ruchinskaja N.A., Limarev A.S., Levandovskij S.A. Quality management system, Magnitogorsk. FGBOU VPO «MGTU» Publ., 2011, 166 p.
- Sejfi T.F., Jaroshenko A.I., Bakaev V.I. System KANARSPI, High quality Guarantee. Committee of Standards, Measures and Measuring Instruments under the Council of Ministers of the USSR Publ., 1968, 147 p.
- Shvec V.E. Performance of quality management system based on new versions ISO of the series 90002000. URL: http://quality.eup.ru/MATERIALY9/s-smk-i9k.htm.
Melnik A.D., Siryachenko S.R., Sanzhinova J.A., Kiryukhina I.Yu. Development of quality management from the 50s of the 20th century to the present day. CITISE, 2019, no. 4, pp. 128-135. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/24097616.2019.4.14