CONTENT AND STRUCTURE OF ICT COMPETENCE OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS TEACHERS
Gerasimova G.Yu.1 (Stavropol, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org
1North Caucasian Federal University
Abstract. The availability of competencies in the application of information and communication technologies is a prerequisite for mathematics and physics teachers in the context of digitalization of education. In this article we analyzed the content of ICT competencies of mathematics and physics teachers in school and its individual components. For professional activity in school, a teacher must have general user and general pedagogical ICT competences. The subject matter and pedagogical ICT competencies of a teacher are determined by the specificity of the subject he or she teaches. The teacher of mathematics and physics must be able to select and use tools which allow distance learning with students without affecting the learning process. We describe the structure of ICT competency for mathematics and physics teachers. Based on the content and structure of the ICT competency framework, we developed criteria and indicators to assess the level of ICT competency of teachers of mathematics and physics necessary for effective use of distance technologies in the educational process. The following three criteria were outlined: organizational-pedagogical, didactical, and value-psychological. Future teachers of mathematics and physics will be prepared to use distance technologies in the educational process in general educational organizations if they master general user, general pedagogical and subject-pedagogical ICT competencies at the system level. We also analyzed which ICTs are included in the list of universal, general professional and professional competencies approved by North Caucasus Federal University for higher education programs in 44.04.01 Pedagogical Education, focus (profile) “Mathematical Education” and “Physical Education”, 44.03.05 “Pedagogical Education (with two profiles)”.
Keywords: ICT competencies, math teacher, physics teacher, criteria, indicators, distance learning, educational programs.
- Fominykh S.O., Petrushkina T.A. Some aspects of the formation of professional competence of future teachers of physics. Bulletin of the Chuvash State Pedagogical University named after I. Ya. Yakovleva, 2021, no. 2(111), pp. 232-239. DOI: 10.37972/chgpu.2021.111.2.028
- Kirillova T.V. Methodology for the use of electronic educational resources in teaching future teachers to design and conduct physics lessons, Doct. Diss. Nizhny Novgorod, 2021. 28 p.
- Richter T.V. The structure of professional competence of a teacher of mathematics. Physico-mathematical education: scientific journal, 2017, no. 1(11), pp. 89-92.
- Fadina E.Yu. Independent work of students and activation of cognitive activity. New science: Strategies and vectors of development, 2017, vol. 2, no. 4. pp. 135-137. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28948916
- Ashirov D.V., Pastukhova L.S., Turlakova O.E. Education in higher education: the search for a modern model. Values and meanings, 2021, no. 2(72), pp. 78-94. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45842668
- Chelubeeva N.N., Baidaev M.M. Digital transformation of professional training of employees of internal affairs bodies of the Russian Federation: problems and prospects. Scientific digest of the East Siberian Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, 2022, no. 1 (15), pp. 227-234. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=48199937
- Kalinin S.V., Levchenko A.A., Fedulov B.A. Features of the implementation of the electronic information and educational environment of the legal institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in the teaching of special disciplines. Bulletin of the Barnaul Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, no. 1 (36), 2019, pp. 183-185. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38510928
- Egorychev A.M., Mardakhaev L.V., Sizikova V.V., Vocational education in Russia: challenges, state, directions of development. Monograph. Moscow, RGSU Publ., 2019. pp. 152-188. URL: URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41222164
- Russkova Yu.N., Ulyanova I.V. Formation of professional competencies of cadets of educational organizations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia through interactive technologies. Psychopedagogy in law enforcement agencies, 2018. no. 4(75). pp. 69–74. DOI: DOI: 10.24411/1999-6241-2018-14012
- Durnev A.I. Possibilities of using interactive shooting simulators in fire training of cadets of the Higher Educational Institution of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. Uchenye zapiski Oryol State University. Series: Humanities and social sciences, 2021, no. 4, pp. 171-173. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47788738
- Baydaev M.M. Training of personnel for internal affairs bodies of the Russian Federation in the context of digital transformation. Applied Psychology and Pedagogy, 2022, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 203-214. DOI: 10.12737/2500-0543-2022-7-4-203-214
- Vorontsova Yu.A. Modern information technologies as a means of activating the communicative orientation of education. Bulletin of the Barnaul Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, 2020, no. 1 (38), pp. 50-52. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43985412
- Merenkov A.V., Sandler D.G., Shavrin V.S. Peculiarities of changes in the orientations of bachelor’s graduates to employment. Obrazovanie i nauka, 2019, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 116-142. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41575560
- Simonyan M.S., Postnikova E.A. Priority Directions for the Organization of Professional Self-Determination of Youth in the Aspect of the Competitiveness of Human Capital. Problems of Modern Pedagogical Education, 2020, no. 67-1, pp. 225-227. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42987708
- Pristupa E.N., Begimbetova G., Abdigapbarova U. Use of ICT in CLIL-classes for the Future Teachers Training. ICMET 2022: 2022 the 4th International Conference on Modern Educational Technology Macau China, 2022. pp. 98–104. DOI: 10.1145/3543407.3543424
For citation: Gerasimova G.Yu. Content and structure of ict competence of mathematics and physics teachers. CITISE, 2023, no. 2, pp. 327-334. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.2.28