Savelieva E.V., Yanygina E.V.
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN IN TEACHING HISTORY TO FOREIGN STUDENTS
Abstract. The relevance of the topic is determined by the need to constantly search for and improve new teaching methods for such a specific group of students as foreign students. The purpose of the work was to demonstrate the possibilities of the principles and methods of pedagogical design in relation to this group in teaching history. When performing the study, the methods of comparative analysis, systematization and classification, as well as the method of analyzing the results of activities and talking with students were involved. The hypothesis of the study was that the developed educational content using the methods of pedagogical design will have a positive impact on the level of mastering the discipline “History” by foreign students. The article attempts to show, based on the principles of pedagogical design, the key stages in the design of the course “History” for students of the preparatory faculty of the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Moscow State University of Food Production” (BIOTECH University). The study involved foreign students of the 1st year of the preparatory faculty of 2021-2022 enrollment. The study was conducted as part of the study of the basic discipline of the humanitarian cycle “History” (1-2 semesters). The results of the work during the 2021/22-2022/23 academic years showed that the designed course on the history of Russia for foreign students contributes to the optimal assimilation of the material, the formation of a tolerant life position of students. Students are well versed in Russian history, fulfilling all the requirements of the Ministry of Education and Science  to the level of their knowledge. They show a steady cognitive interest and desire for further independent study of the topic. The study is practice-oriented. The practical significance of the study lies in the possibility and expediency of introducing the experience gained into pedagogical practice, which will improve the forms and methods of work in the process of teaching foreign students the disciplines of the humanities cycle, including history. The forms and methods of teaching described in the work, based on the principles of pedagogical design, have shown their effectiveness.
Keywords: instructional design, course design, foreign students, Russian history, electronic educational environment, types of educational work.
- Aguilar S.J. et al. Associations between learning analytics dashboard exposure and motivation and self-regulated learning. Computers & Education, 2021, vol. 162. 104085. DOI: 10.1016/j.compedu.2020.104085
- Al-Huneini H., Walker S.A., Badger R. Introducing tablet computers to a rural primary school: An Activity Theory case study. Computers & Education,2020, vol. 143. 103648.
- Bond M., Zawacki-Richter O., Nichols M. Revisiting five decades of educational technology research: A content and authorship analysis of the British Journal of Educational Technology. British Journal of Educational Technology, 2019, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 12–63. DOI: 10.1111/bjet.12730
- Dignath C., Veenman M. V. J. The role of direct strategy instruction and indirect activation of self-regulated learning — Evidence from classroom observation studies. Educational Psychology Review, 2021, vol. 33, no. 2. pp. 489–533. DOI: 10.1007/s10648-020-09534-0
- King R., Blayney P., Sweller J. How language background impacts learners studying International Financial Reporting Standards: a cognitive load theory perspective. Accounting Education, 2021, vol. 30,no. 5. pp. 439–450. DOI: 10.1080/09639284.2021.1930562
- Li M., Li Y., Guo H. Research and application of situated teaching design for NC machining course based on virtual simulation technology. Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 2020, vol. 28, no. 3. pp. 658–674. DOI: 10.1002/cae.22234
- Mardarovsky D. What is instructional design. Available at: https://el-blog.ru/pedagogicheskiy-dizain/ (accessed 11 March 2023)
- Merrill M.D. Instructional Strategies that Teach. CBT Solutions Nov./Dec. 1997 1-11. Available at: https://speakeasydesigns.com/SDSU/student/SAGE (accessed 11 March 2023)
- Yeoman P., Wilson S. Designing for situated learning: Understanding the relations between material properties, designed form and emergent learning activity. British Journal of Educational Technology, 2019, vol. 50, no. 5,pp. 2090–2108. DOI: 10.1111/bjet.12856
- Akmambetova M.E., Milyaeva L.M., Romanovskaya I.A. Technological approach to the design of pedagogical design in the conditions of the educational process. World of science, culture, education, 2019, no. 6 (79), pp. 75-77. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41833060
- Asanov S.A., Akimenko G.V. Pedagogical design and pedagogical design as effective technologies for organizing the educational process at the university. Diary of Science, 2020, no. 8(44), pp.4. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43913463
- Demidova I.A. Pedagogical design and its means: theoretical analysis and experience of application in pedagogical practice. Pedagogy. Questions of theory and practice, 2019, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 25-32. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41552491
- Eroshkina O.N. Russian history. Textbook for foreign students. St. Petersburg, Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen Publ., 2012. 64 p. (In Russian).
- By 2023, Russia will increase the quota for foreign students to 30,000 places. Available at: https://minobrnauki.gov.ru/press-center/news/mezhdunarodnoe-sotrudnichestvo/46932/ (accessed 11 March 2023)
- Kalinov V.V. A book for reading on the history of Russia. Moscow, Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas Publ., 2016. 108 p. (In Russian).
- Kochurina T.S. Pedagogical design: essence and structure. Lecturer XXI century, 2022, no. 1-1, pp. 21-29. (In Russian).
- Kuznetsov A.L. History: textbook for foreign students of the preparatory faculty. Moscow, MADI Publ., 2015. 204 p. (In Russian).
- Chernobay E.V. Pedagogical design: Russian and foreign research agenda. Moscow, Higher School of Economics Publ., 2022. 44 p. (In Russian).
- Press I.A. Pedagogical design and pedagogical design as components of a systematic approach to the creation of electronic educational resources .Scientific notes of ISGS, 2017, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 453-459. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28968897
- Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia dated 03.10.2014 N 1304 “On approval of requirements for the development of additional general education programs that provide training for foreign citizens and stateless persons to master professional educational programs in Russian” (Registered in the Ministry of Justice of Russia on 11/17/2014 N 34732). Available at: https://fdp.hse.ru/data/2016/02/01/1137042013/Prikaz1304.pdf (accessed 11 March 2023)
- Serikov V.V. The specifics of the didactic justification of training. Pedagogical journal of Bashkortostan, 2018, no. 5 (78), pp. 12-18. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36547423
- Chebotarev T.S., Yeshchenko T.V. Pedagogical design and design. Young researcher of the Don, 2022, no. 1 (34), pp. 125-128. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47953860
- Shalashova M.M., Shevchenko N.I. Pedagogical design of the design of the educational environment. Vestnik RAMT, 2020, no. 3, pp. 75-81. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44347933
For citation: Savelieva E.V., Yanygina E.V. Instructional design in teaching history to foreign students. CITISE, 2023, no. 2, pp. 289-299. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.2.24