AGE-RELATED FEATURES OF SELF-ATTITUDE AND LONELINESS EXPERIENCES
Lvova S.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org
1Moscow State Pedagogical University
Abstract. In this paper, theoretical approaches and empirical results of the study of psychological features of self-attitude and loneliness experience in adolescence and adolescence were considered. At the beginning of the article, a review of literary sources that allow answering the question about the essence of the phenomenon of loneliness is carried out. A comparative analysis of the main approaches to understanding its origin, possible connection with other individual psychological, age and personal qualities of a person is carried out. In connection with the highlighted issues, a certain age group, teenagers and young men, came into the focus of our attention. The study involved students of Moscow city schools and students of Moscow City Pedagogical University, with whom a block of diagnostic techniques was conducted: “Differential questionnaire of loneliness experience” (E.N. Osin, D.A. Leontiev), “Phillips school anxiety level test”, “Self-attitude research Methodology” (S.R. Pantileev), “Questionnaire for determining the type of loneliness” (S.G.Korchagina), “Study of volitional self-regulation” (A.V. Zverkov, E.V. Eidman). The phenomenon of loneliness has been studied as a factor affecting mental health in adolescence and adolescence. Both positive and negative effects of this phenomenon on the psyche were studied. The relationship between self-attitude, the experience of loneliness and the level of anxiety was considered. The differences in the perception of loneliness between younger and older adolescents were analyzed. The scientific relevance of such an analysis lies in the fact that it allows us to understand some of the psychological mechanisms of the occurrence of this phenomenon hidden until now, in particular, the role of psychological self-regulation processes in their genesis. Knowledge of these mechanisms can open the way to a scientifically based search for ways of psychological correction and psychotherapy of states associated with the experience of loneliness.
Keywords: younger and older adolescents, self-attitude, loneliness, anxiety, internal conflict, stress resistance, self-blame, self-confidence, self-guidance, self-acceptance, perseverance, self-control, social activity.
- Borisova N.A., Belobrykina O.A., Heidebrecht N.A. School anxiety: diagnostic contradictions (on the example of the analysis of B. Phillips’ methodology). PEM: Psychology. education. medicine, 2016, no. 2, pp. 123-165. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28937821
- Wolf T. Loneliness. Available at: https://www.beesona.ru/aphorisms/teyron_vulf/ (accessed 14 January 2023)
- Litvak M.E. Psychology of loneliness. Available at: http://litvak.me/statyi/article_post/odinochestvo-1 (accessed 14 January 2023)
- Lvova S.V. Psychological and pedagogical support for adolescents of the “risk group”. Scientific Review. Series 2: Humanities, 2017, no. 6, pp. 91-97. (In Russian). DOI: 10.26653/2076-4685-2017-6-09
- Lvova S.V. Vitality and stress resistance in high school students and students in educational activities. CITISE, 2021, no. 1 (27), pp. 65-75. (In Russian).DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.1.06
- Makshantseva L.V., Lutskova E.A. Determination of the relationship between the level of anxiety and adaptability of adolescents. Systemic psychology and sociology, 2014, no. 4 (12), pp. 74-81. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22911480
- Morozova T.Yu. The study of the characteristics of coping behavior in adolescence. System psychology and sociology. 2014. no. 1 (9) . pp. 89-99. (In Russian).URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?edn=soafyd
- Romanova E.S., Ryzhov B.N., Kotova O.V. Gender and age features of self-assessment of anthropocentric types of motivation. Systemic Psychology and Sociology, 2021, no. 4 (40), pp. 5-22. (In Russian). EDN: QWTSDN, DOI: 10.25688/2223-6872.2021.40.4.1
- Romanova E.S., Ryzhov B.N., Kotova O.V. Gender and age features of self-assessment of sociocentric types of motivation. System Psychology and Sociology, 2021, no. 3 (39), pp. 5–20. (In Russian). EDN: VHZWSC, DOI: 10.25688/2223-6872.2021.39.3.1
- Frizen M.A. Reflexivity as a resource for designing self-development. Modern Research of Social Problems, 2015, no. 7(51), pp. 422–440. (In Russian). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12731/2218-7405-2015-7-33
- Fromm E. Escape from freedom. Nyköping (Sweden), Philosophical arkiv Publ., 2016. 231 p. (In Russian). ISBN 978-91-983073-5-1
- Khudaeva M.Yu. Features of experiencing loneliness in adolescence. Young scientist, 2017, no. 13 (147), pp. 212-215. (In Russian).
- Stickley A., Koyanagi A., Koposov R. Loneliness and health risk behaviors among Russian and U.S. adolescents: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health, 2014, vol. 14, no. 366. DOI:10.1186/1471-2458-14-366
- Pantic I. Online Social Networking and Mental Health. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, 2014, vol. 17, no. 10. DOI:10.1089/cyber.2014.0070
- Boss L., Kang D.-H. Branson S. Loneliness and cognitive function in the older adult: a systematic review. International Psychogeriatric Association, 2015. vol. 27(04). pp.1-13. DOI: 10.1017/S1041610214002749
- Hawkley L.C., Cacioppo J.T. Loneliness Matters: A Theoretical and Empirical Review of Consequences and Mechanisms. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 2010, vol. 40, issue 2, pp. 218-227. DOI:10.1007/s12160-010-9210-8
- Arrington-Sanders R. Adolescent Psychosocial, Social, and Cognitive Development. Pediatrics in Review, 2013, vol. 34(8), pp. 354-359. DOI:10.1542/pir.34.8.354
- Matthews T., Danese A., Wertz J. Social isolation, loneliness and depression in young adulthood: a behavioral genetic analysis. Social Psychiatry Psychiatric Epidemiology, 2016, vol. 51, pp. 339-348. DOI:10.1007/s00127-016-1178-7
For citation: Lvova S.V. Age-related features of self-attitude and loneliness experiences. CITISE, 2023, no. 1, pp. 267-279. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2023.1.21