Kulakova S.V., Malieva Z.K.
THE PROBLEM OF SOCIAL INFANTILISM IN PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PEDAGOGICAL LITERATURE
Kulakova S.V.1 (Vladikavkaz, Russian Federation) – email@example.com, Malieva Z.K.2 (Vladikavkaz, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org
1North Caucasian Mining and Metallurgical Institute
2North Ossetian State University named after K.L. Khetagurova
Abstract. The article deals with the problem of social infantilism as a phenomenon associated with a delay in the pace of emotional and personal development, which has a negative impact on the formation of a person’s personal qualities and his socio-psychological abilities. This problem is relevant mainly among young people, however, symptoms of social infantilism can also occur among people of middle and older age. The lack of desire to grow up in the future, in adulthood, leads a person to social frustration, and in some cases even degradation of the personality. The purpose of this article is to study the content of the social infantilism of the individual. The methodological basis of the study was the ideas of systemic and individual approaches. The novelty of the study lies in the fact that the essence of the phenomenon of social infantilism is revealed as a deviation in the socio-psychological development of a person, characterized by the unformed moral and value attitudes, immaturity and uncontrollability of emotions, the predominance of hedonistic motives, the absence of motives for labor and educational activities, lack of independence, lack of initiative. The features of social infantilism associated with self-doubt, impulsiveness, lack of independence and responsibility in the decision-making process, inadequate self-esteem, low self-control are considered; lack of self-determination ability. The risks associated with social infantilism and due to the unpreparedness of the individual for adulthood, lack of initiative, independence and creativity in choosing decisions, passive-consumer attitude to the world, shifting responsibility to the people around, living conditions, the world. It has been established that the most sensitive to the prevention of social infantilism are adolescence and youth. The ways of solving the problem of social infantilism through the implementation of joint interaction between the family and social institutions (schools, universities, institutions of additional education) are considered.
Keywords: social infantilism, risks of social infantilism, prevention of social infantilism, features of social infantilism, factors of prevention of social infantilism.
- Bakulina A.S. Social infantilism. Moscow, Sputnik+ Publ., 2020. 140 p. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44625138
- Bakulina A.S. Social infantilism: social and moral aspect. Human capital, 2014, no. 3 (63), pp. 24-29. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22003947
- Basova V.M., Zakharova Zh.A. Prevention of social infantilism in children deprived of parental care. Bulletin of the Kostroma State University. Series: Pedagogy. Psychology. Sociokinetics. 2017, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 113-115. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32728557
- Gutova S.G. Social infantilism and social maturity of youth. Geneva, European Association of Educators and Psychologists “Science”Publ.,2015. pp. 146-151. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25965493
- Gutova S.G., Derevyannykh E.A. Social infantilism and social maturity of youth. Nizhnevartovsk, Nizhnevartovsk State UniversityPubl.,2015, pp. 287-290. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26791436
- Dzhagaeva T.E., Gadzaova L.P., Malieva Z.K. Pedagogical conditions of socialization of students in a modern multicultural society. Ulyanovsk, Zebra Publ., 2021. 73 p. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46114788
- Zhestkova N.A. Methodological approaches to the study of social maturity and social infantilism of the individual. Bulletin of the Perm University. Philosophy. Psychology. Sociology. 2013, no. 2 (14), pp. 128-136. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19139532
- Karlova E.N. Dynamics of value orientations and attitudes of cadets of military educational organizations. Higher education in Russia. 2018, vol. 27, no. 5. pp. 152-159. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=34933095
- Mendelevich V.D. Guide to Addictology. St. Petersburg, Speech Publ., 2007. 768 p. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22462575
- Romanyuk S.N. Binary-oppositional representation of social infantilism and social maturity of cadets’ personality. Eurasian Scientific Association. 2019, no. 10-6 (56), pp. 509-513. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41385886
- Romanyuk S.N., Demkina E.V. Procedural and methodological foundations for the prevention of social infantilism in students of military universities. Bulletin of the Adyghe State University. Series 3: Pedagogy and psychology, 2020, no. 1 (253), pp. 58-64. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42976204
- Rudneva I.A. The development of the social maturity of the individual during the student period. Volgograd, Change Publ., 2011, pp. 66-67. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25501595
- Savitskaya M.T. Social infantilism as a problem of Russian society. Bulletin of the Russian Philosophical Society. 2020, no. 1-2 (91-92), pp. 104-110. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43127117
- Stepanischenko O.V. Political infantilism of modern youth as a factor of distortion of the system of value orientations. Polythematic network electronic scientific journal of the Kuban State Agrarian University. 2015, no. 110, pp. 168-176. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24114648
- Tremaskina E.V., Kudachkin D.A. Social infantilism and social maturity of older schoolchildren in the context of modern psychological research. Saratov: Center for Professional Management “Academy of Business” Publ., 2016, pp. 50-53. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26658739
- Khubulova M.G., Malieva Z.K., Cheldieva K.A. Pedagogical conditions for the formation of social responsibility of youth. Ulyanovsk, Zebra Publ., 2021. 97 p. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47317879
Kulakova S.V., Malieva Z.K. The problem of social infantilism in psychological and pedagogical literature. CITISE, 2022, no. 4, pp. 534-541. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.4.48