Gogitsaeva O.U., Kochisov V.K.
FORMATION OF STUDENTS’ COGNITIVE ABILITIES IN CONDITIONS OF DIGITALIZATION OF EDUCATION
Gogitsaeva O.U.1 (Vladikavkaz, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Kochisov V.K.1 (Vladikavkaz, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
1North Ossetian State University named after K.L. Khetagurova
Abstract. The article is devoted to the problem of the formation of cognitive abilities of pupils of a general education school based on the analysis of modern information technologies used in teaching. The most significant and universal characteristic of the cognitive abilities of an individual is its orientation towards the processes of systemic logical thinking, the expansion and enrichment of students’ abilities for systematic and effective thinking, and the use of basic teaching tools. Evaluation of the effectiveness of various cognitive education programs shows an impact on cognitive development, intelligence, school performance, intrinsic motivation, and a reduction in special education referrals, although this result depends on the age of the students, the specific characteristics of the program, and performance criteria. It is noted that traditional teaching technologies, accumulated in pedagogical practice without the use of modern computer technologies, are currently losing their effectiveness. The relevance of the article is due to the fact that in the context of the digitalization of the education system, as well as all vital areas, computer information and communication technologies, numerous educational websites and portals, various educational Internet resources, electronic educational systems, etc. become an important component of the learning process. As the analysis of numerous studies has shown, the effectiveness of digitalization and its further successful application depends on the cognitive abilities of a person who will implement digital technology products in a particular work activity. Digital technologies not only contribute to the replacement of jobs, but also change the very nature of the work and interaction of production participants, and this creates new social problems the use of the listed software products through computer visualization of educational material, computer simulation of real and virtual objects and processes, the use of laboratory equipment interfaced with a personal computer, and immediate feedback. The study of the influence of digital technologies on the formation of students’ cognitive abilities is an important area in the field of psychological and pedagogical research.
Keywords: cognitive abilities, information technologies, visualization of educational material, modeling of real objects, digitalization of education.
- Aksyukhin A.A., Vitsen A.A., Meksheneva Zh.V. Information technologies in education and science. Modern science-intensive technologies. 2009, no. 11, pp. 50-52. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=12993817
- Akulov M.V., Shmygareva D.A. Digitalization of Education: Experience, Problems, Risks. Osov Pedagogical Readings “Education in the Modern World: New Times – New Solutions”. 2021, no. 1, pp.18-24. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47993707
- Akhmetova L.V. Cognitive sphere of personality – the psychological basis of learning. Bulletin of the Tomsk State Pedagogical University, 2009, no. 9 (87), pp. 108-115. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=13026502
- Vaganova O.I., Popkova A.A., Stepina N.V., Maksimova K.A. Digitalization as a leading trend in the development of modern education. Baltic Humanitarian Journal, 2020, vol. 9, no. 2 (31), pp. 146-148. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42919318
- Ivanovsky B.G. Digitalization of higher education in Europe and Russia: advantages and risks. Social innovations and social sciences, 2021, no. 1 (3), pp. 80-95. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45754454
- Ilimdarova Sh.E., Topuzova A.R. Digitalization of education: digital platforms and tools. Student Bulletin, 2021, no. 9-2 (154), pp. 97-99. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44855435
- Kasatkina N.P. Digitalization of education. implementation experience. Continuity in education, 2019, no. 23(10), pp. 643-648. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42315386
- Kozlova E.G. To the question of the development of cognitive abilities of younger schoolchildren. Educational Psychology, 2008, no. 1, pp. 59-70. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=11136653
- Maksimova I.M. Digitalization of legal education: theoretical aspect. Actual problems of state and law, 2021, vol. 5, no. 18, pp. 244-252. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46166979
- Mentsiev A.U. The role of information and communication technologies in modern education. CITISE. 2020, no. 2 (24), pp. 71-78. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43167303
- Pushkareva P.P. Digital Platform as a Factor of Digital Transformation. CITISE. 2022, no. 1 (31), pp. 43-51. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=48358551
- Sergina K.I. To the question of correlation of cognitive style and intellectual features of personality, Innovations. The science. Education, 2021, no. 41, pp. 676-680. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46708613
- Sinyagina N.Yu., Artamonova E.G. Digitalization of education: foreseeing one’s own success. Education of personality, 2019, no. 1, pp. 10. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39141662
- Sokolov D.V. Digitalization of science and education. Management of science: theory and practice, 2020, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 274-277. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44079441
- Khalin V.G., Chernova G.V. Digitalization and its impact on the Russian economy and society: advantages, challenges, threats and risks. Administrative Consulting, 2018, no. 10, pp. 44-48. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36399688
Gogitsaeva O.U., Kochisov V.K. Formation of students’ cognitive abilities in conditions of digitalization of education. CITISE, 2022, no. 4, pp. 298-305. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.4.28