CONSCIOUS CITIZENSHIP OF RUSSIAN AND FOREIGN STUDENTS IN MULTICULTURAL ENVIRONMENT OF HIGHER SCHOOL
Varlamova E.Yu.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
1Moscow Aviation Institute
Abstract. The article deals with the problem of educational influence on the students’ citizenship in the multicultural environment of a higher school. The key idea of the research is that the personal ethnic language-and-culture experience is the basis of the citizenship which is shown in the multicultural environment of a higher school and influences the ways, in which a student masters a foreign language and foreign culture. Personal awareness of their experience and features of the native national culture determines the personal behavior in intercultural and professional communication in a foreign language. Therefore, universities should take into account the task of developing awareness of the civic position while training the national specialists. Our research work is aimed at studying the students’ conscious attitude to the peculiarities of the national culture and identifying themselves with the bearers of the native culture. To achieve the goal, a theoretical analysis of the scientific researches and an empirical method of a survey have been applied with the students of Moscow universities. The results obtained have shown the insufficient degree of students’ awareness of the specifics of the national culture; subsequently it can have a certain influence on the professional activities and communication of a person, who acts as a citizen of their country. We have come to the conclusion that it is required to make educational influence on development of the conscious citizenship of the student’s language-and-culture personality. We suggest applying the author’s technology of professional language training of students in the multicultural environment at higher schools. This technology involves language-and-culture content based on the principle of the dialogue between cultures (the native national and foreign ones) in a foreign language. The prospects for further research are development of the content of this technology, taking into account the specifics of its implementation in the educational language training of not only the Russian students, but also the foreign ones.
Keywords: citizenship, language-and-culture personality, culture, multicultural environment, ethnic language-and-culture experience, language training.
- Bauman Z. Individualized society. Moscow, Logos, 2005. 390 p. (In Russian).
- Belozertsev E.P. Cultural and educational environment – myth or reality. Humanitarian: actual problems of science and education, 2008, no. 7, pp. 182-189. (In Russian).
- Boronoev A.O., Pavlenko V.N. Ethnic psychology. St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg State University Publ., 1994. 168 p. (In Russian).
- Egorychev A.M. value bases of education of the younger generation in the new Russia. Prevention of addictions, 2019, no. 4 (20), pp. 8-16. (In Russian). EDN: BYAOHJ URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41478594
- Lewis R. Clash of cultures: a guide for everyone who does business abroad. Moscow, Mann, Ivanov and Ferber Publ., 2013. 640 p. (In Russian).
- Maksimova O.G., Vorontsova N.B. Development of motivation-and-value attitude to social and professional activity and active citizenship among students of pedagogical university. Education and self-development, 2015, no. 1(43). pp. 35–38. (In Russian). EDN: TMOCGL URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23147744
- Organizing educational process in higher school on the basis of requirements to teacher in polycultural environment. Science for education today, 2019, vol. 5, issue. 2, pp. 23–35. EDN: CWDJFN DOI: 10.15293/2658-6762.1902.02
- Mardakhaev L.V. Fundamentals of general, special and social pedagogy. Moscow, Tula, Tula State Pedagogical University Publ., 2007. 503 p. (In Russian).
- Mardakhaev L.V. Social health of the younger generation and the need for its formation. Pedagogical art, 2017, no. 1, pp. 105-110. (In Russian). EDN: ZJAIGB URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30115275
- Nabok I.L. Cultural and educational environment of the university as factor in modernization of pedagogical education. Universum: Bulletin of Herzen University, 2011, no. 5, pp. 15-18. (In Russian). EDN: MMFLMF URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=16461762
- Raitskaya L.K. Independent educational and cognitive activity in information and educational environment of the Internet: a didactic concept. Moscow, Moscow Region State University Publ., 2012. 268 p. (In Russian).
- Hall E.T. Beyond Culture. Anchor Books Editions, 1981. 298 p.
- Hofsteade G.J., Pedersen P.B., Hofstede G. Exploring Culture: Exercises, Stories and Synthetic Cultures. Intercultural Press, a Nicholas Brealey Publishing Company, 2002.
- Hofstede G., Hofstede, G.J., Minkov M. Cultures and Organizations: software of the mind: intercultural cooperation and its importance for survival. McGraw Hill, 2010. 561 p.
- Trompenaars A., Hampden-Turner Ch. Riding the waves of culture: understanding diversity in modern business. McGraw Hill, 2012. 561 p.
- Zeynalov G.G., Martynova E.A., Paulova Yu.E. The role of the socio-cultural space of the university in the formation of citizenship and political culture of students. Prospects of Science, 2022, no. 6 (153), pp. 153-156. (In Russian). EDN: LYOSRM URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=49333012
- Melnichuk M.V. The educational policy of the university as the most important means of implementing the concept of national education. Humanitarian sciences. Bulletin of the Financial University, 2022, vol. 12, no. S1, pp. 84-91. (In Russian). EDN: KUYWHH DOI: 10.26794/2226-7867-2022-12-c-84-91
- Glushchenko O.P. Formation of the civil position of university students from the point of view of the federal state educational standard of higher education. Pedagogy and education, 2021, no. 3, pp. 51-62. (In Russian). EDN: VGNVRV DOI: 10.7256/2454-0676.2021.3.34410
Varlamova E.Yu. Conscious citizenship of Russian and foreign students in multicultural environment of higher school. CITISE, 2022, no. 3, pp. 292-300. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.3.26