APPROACHES TO FORMULATING THE PURPOSE OF THE TRAINING SESSION
Abstract. This article is devoted to theoretical and methodical aspects of goal setting of a lesson. Relevance of the topic “Approaches to formulating the purpose of the training session” is caused by the contradiction between the existing pedagogical science representations about the ways of goal setting of academic lessons and their insufficient grounding. The aim of the article is to present an analysis of tactical and strategic approaches to the goal setting of educational classes, to ground the logic and expediency of each of them. The article summarizes and classifies the approaches to formulation of the goal of the lesson from the position of its content and structure. Particular emphasis is made by the author on the analysis of the triune goal of the lesson and the proof of the doubtfulness of its structure in terms of logic and didactics. From the position of typology of lessons based on the dominant role of didactic objective, the author substantiates as a priority and logical structure of the lesson objective, which includes one goal and a number of concretizing its objectives. The methodological basis for the research presented in this publication includes an analysis and synthesis of theoretical material on the problem of goal-setting in lessons; analysis of flow charts and lesson plans, including those freely available on the Internet; analysis, synthesis, and classification of teachers’ tactical approaches to formulating the lesson goal; analysis of common strategies for formulating lesson goals; and synthesis and systematization of research results. The results of the study can be taken into account by teachers when preparing for training sessions, including the development of flow charts and outlines of lessons.
Keywords: approaches, training session, goal formulation, goal setting, triune goal.
- Atamanova G.I. To help a teacher and a student: a formula for writing a goal when developing a lesson. Bulletin of the Tuva State University. Pedagogical Sciences, 2020, no. 4 (71), pp. 6-17. (In Russian).
- Egorova Yu.A. Pedagogical goal-setting: essential characteristics. Theory and practice of social development, 2013, no. 7, pp. 80-85. (In Russian). EDN: QYYJGZ URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20149753
- Zaslavskaya T.Yu., Levchenko I.V. Formation of didactic goals for students in informatics lessons. Vestnik RUDN University. Series: Informatization of education, 2011, no. 2, pp. 29-36. (In Russian). EDN: NTVQCX URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=16352042
- Krasovskaya L.V. Mastering the algorithm of the goal-setting process by future teachers, Bulletin of the MDPU named after I. P. Shamyakina, 2015, no. 1 (45). (In Russian). EDN: TZSBZB URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23748824
- Lebedev O.E. Determining the objectives of the lesson from the standpoint of the competency-based approach. School technologies, 2011, no. 6, pp. 10-17. (In Russian). EDN: OJPJFH URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17072191
- Loginova N.A. The relevance of goal-setting of the modern educational process. Uchenye zapiski St. Petersburg named after V.B. Bobkov branch of the Russian Customs Academy, 2019, no. 4 (72), pp. 86–89. (In Russian). EDN: CNYQKY URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42403334
- Neudakin V.A. Model of the objectives of the educational process. Bulletin of ISTU, 2012, no. 1 (60), pp. 272-278. (In Russian). EDN: OOVJNX URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17311247
- Novichkova N.M. Pedagogical goal-setting as a modern scientific and applied problem. World of science, culture, education, 2014, no. 1 (44), pp. 147-151. EDN: SBLACR URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21451515
- Pivovarov A.A. “Theorem” about the triune didactic goal of the lesson. National Education, 2015, no. 6 (1449, pp. 138-145. (In Russian). EDN: VHXQBB URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25312282
- Polkina S.N. Goal-setting in the context of an activity-based approach to the organization of educational activities in a literature lesson. Bulletin of the OSU, 2015, no. 3 (178), pp. 25-29. (In Russian). EDN: UFZHVL https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24035709
- Silantiev N.V. Logic and Grammar in Formulating Lesson Objectives. Facets of Knowledge, 2010, no. 1(6), pp. 65-68. (In Russian). EDN: RBSMSD URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20276532
- Fadeeva L.V., Shmeleva O.N., Minaeva Yu.V. Criteria for setting educational goals for teaching a professionally oriented foreign language. Modern Pedagogical Education, 2022, no. 1. (In Russian). EDN: NIFWRB URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47974118
- Chaikina Zh.V., Maksina O.A., Pavlunina T.A. Goal-setting and technology for formulating lesson goals in teaching economics to schoolchildren. World of Science, 2017, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 40. (In Russian). EDN: ZEJGDR URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29902464
- Best J. Why Are Lesson Goals So Effective? 2019. Available at: https://www.3plearning.com/blog/setting-lesson-goals/ (Accessed 01 May 2022)
- Chizhik E., Chizhik A. (Re)Conceptualizing the purpose of the lesson plan. Journal of Educational Thought, 2016, vol. 49, pp. 210-225. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11575/jet.v49i2.46294
- Lewis B. Writing a Lesson Plan: Objectives and Goals. 2021. Available at: Objectives and Goals of a Lesson Plan (thoughtco.com) (Accessed 01 May 2022)
- Morska J. From the Purpose of the Lesson to Success. Myunster, Maynooth University Publ., 2019. pp. 398-400. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37626/GA9783959871129.0.75
Shupaev A.V. Approaches to formulating the purpose of the training session. CITISE, 2022, no. 3, pp. 215-224. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.3.19