Shimanovskaya Ya.V., Goldzin E.
SOCIAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSISTANCE TO WOMEN AFFECTED BY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN EXPERIENCE
Shimanovskaya Ya.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – email@example.com, Goldzin E.1 (Beer Sheva, Israel) – firstname.lastname@example.org
1Russian State Social University
Abstract. The article discusses the features of social and psychological assistance to women who have experienced domestic violence in Russia and abroad. The main socio-cultural parameters of the differences in the provision of assistance to women who find themselves in a crisis family situation are highlighted. The results of the study allow us to say that the work on the prevention of domestic violence is currently unsatisfactory and has a “top-down” character. The activities of specialists from existing centers for women, as well as socially oriented NGOs, are mainly aimed at overcoming the already formed problem and its consequences, which are not fully supported by law. At the same time, the provision of assistance and prevention of domestic violence against women abroad is complex and covers all actors of the situation; involves prolonged proactive support by highly qualified specialists from different services; relies on legislative and financial state support, civil initiatives. In the Russian Federation, there is an extremely insufficient level of implementation of the provisions of international acts and recommendations of international organizations in the legal acts of the state on combating domestic violence against women (the Istanbul Convention has not been ratified, there is no law on combating domestic violence; domestic violence is not considered as a negative and dangerous social phenomenon , the criminalization of the population continues due to the lack of legislative restrictions on cyberspace); no consistent legal framework has been created to regulate the activities of state and non-state institutions. Thus, deep and thorough work is required in all areas regarding social, psychological and pedagogical assistance to women victims of domestic violence.
Keywords: Russia, family, domestic violence against women, social and psychological assistance, foreign experience, protection of women’s rights, crisis center, non-profit organizations.
- Belova O.N., Akutina S.P. Female violence in the family as a social problem. Sociodynamics, 2019, no. 3, pp. 18-26. (In Russian). EDN: ESAPQT DOI: 10.25136/2409-7144.2019.3.29282
- Brylova E.V. Practical rehabilitation work with women victims of domestic violence. Bulletin of the Nizhny Novgorod University. N.I. Lobachevsky, 2010, no. 2(18), pp. 17-22. (In Russian). EDN: MXGGYN URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=15319711
- Vozmilkina E.N. Women victims of domestic violence as an object of activity of socially oriented non-profit organizations. Science and Modernity, 2016, no. 42, pp. 61-65. (In Russian). EDN: VJWHMX URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25401342
- Ershova E.N. Domestic violence: social and legal aspect. Moscow, Consortium of women’s non-governmental associations Publ., 2013. 194 p. (In Russian).
- Zhigunova G.V., Ponomarenko N.O. Causes of violence against women in the family. University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences, 2015, no. 2(34), pp. 137-144. (In Russian). EDN: UKEOEH URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24227716
- Zhulzhik E.A. Violence against women in the family. Concept, 2014, no. 5, pp. 131-135. (In Russian). EDN: SEETRH URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21577627
- Zabroda D.G., Zabroda S.N. Austrian experience in preventing domestic violence: characteristics and suggestions for use in Russia. Society and Law, 2016, no. 3 (57), pp. 107-112. (In Russian). EDN: WWKJAB URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27162559
- Zubritskaya A.S. Features of psychological assistance to women affected by domestic violence. Vestnik TSEU, 2009, no. 3, pp. 77-87. (In Russian). EDN: KWWCVR URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=12925582
- Antonyan Yu.M., Brazhnikov D.A. A comprehensive analysis of the state of crime in the Russian Federation and settlement options for its development: an analytical review. Moscow, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russian Federation Publ., 2018. 86 p. (In Russian).
- Kondrya T.I. Peculiarities of Crisis Centers’ Work with Women Victims of Domestic Violence. Baikal Research Journal, 2017, no. 4, pp. 7. (In Russian). EDN: YNLNZY DOI: 10.17150/2411-6262.2017.8(4).7
- Lotova I.P., Orekhova E.Ya. Combating violence and cruelty against women: French experience. Scholarly Notes of Transbaikal State University, 2015, no. 5 (64), pp. 110-115. (In Russian). EDN: VJLSIH URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25382740
- Podolskaya O.B., Kruglova Yu.D. Social work with victims of violence in Russia and abroad. Eurasian Union of Scientists, 2015, no. 4-13 (13), pp. 99-100. (In Russian). EDN: XDYJKF URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27507075
- Sikorskaya L.E. Psychological and pedagogical assistance to women and children affected by domestic violence. Moscow, Institute of Additional Professional Education for Social Workers Publ., 2016. 82 p. (In Russian).
- Rostovskaya T.K., Kaliev T.B., Zavyalova N.B. Prevention of violence as a factor of family security: Russian and Kazakh experience. Woman in the Russian society, 2018, no. 1 (86), pp. 78-88. (In Russian). EDN: YTBKYB DOI:10.21064/WinRS.2018.1.7
- Salamova S.Ya. Domestic Violence in Modern Russia: General Description. Lex Russica, 2018, no. 9 (142), pp. 129-138. (In Russian). EDN: YAQPXN DOI: 10.17803/1729-5920.2018.142.9.129-138
- Semerikova A.A., Anisimova N.R. Psychological features of victim behavior of women in situations of domestic violence. Service in Russia and abroad, 2015, no. 1 (57), pp. 57-66. (In Russian). EDN: RWTZJY DOI: 10.12737/11708
- Slanova A.Yu. Violence in the family as a social problem in modern Russia. Discussion, 2015, no. 10 (62), pp. 127-131. (In Russian). EDN: VCQNKR URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25071313
- Strukov V.A. Global positive experience of counteracting violence in the sphere of family and domestic relations and the prospects for its use in Russia. Bulletin of the St. Petersburg University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, 2017, no. 4 (76), pp. 81-85. (In Russian). EDN: YNOHNV URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32371652
- Fakhretdinova A.B. The main directions of overcoming spousal violence against women in modern Russian society. Scientific notes of Kazan State University. Series: Humanities, 2008, vol. 150, no. 4, pp. 267-273. (In Russian). EDN: JTZYIJ URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=11607077
- Kharlamov V.S. Theory and practice of combating criminal violence in the family (systemic criminological and criminal law research). Doct. Diss. St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation Publ., 2019. 43 p. (In Russian).
Shimanovskaya Ya.V., Goldzin E. Social and psychological assistance to women affected by domestic violence: domestic and foreign experience. CITISE, 2022, no. 3, pp. 118-127. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.3.10