Gorlova N.I., Starovojtova L.I.
VOLUNTEERING AS A NECESSARY CONDITION FOR PROFESSIONAL TRAINING OF SOCIAL SPECIALISTS
Gorlova N.I.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org, Starovojtova L.I.2 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – email@example.com
1Plekhanov Russian University of Economic,
2 Russian State Social University
Abstract. For the training of modern specialists, it becomes relevant and significant to use, along with traditional, fundamentally new active forms of training that allow the formation and development of professional competencies. One of these innovative forms is the inclusion of students in the passage of social volunteer practice. Volunteering is a great way to improve a person’s social skills, develop leadership and communication skills, find like-minded people, enrich yourself with new knowledge and experience. The article analyzes active forms of learning that allow students to purposefully develop the ability to apply the acquired knowledge in practical activities in various professional and life situations that meet the changing requirements of modern society. One of the innovative areas of teaching students within the framework of a competency-based approach should be the inclusion of students in socially significant volunteer activities through the passage of social volunteer practice. It is designed to qualitatively supplement the existing level of students’ training, increase their social and civic activity on the basis of providing free assistance to social institutions, charitable and public organizations in the implementation of activities aimed at solving urgent social problems that require the participation of volunteers. The authors believe that the participation of students in social volunteering should be considered as a way of their self-development and self-improvement, personal and professional growth, the formation of professional competencies by entering the professional environment through mastering the social role of a volunteer. Volunteer practice allows you to expand your understanding of the activities of a social work specialist in solving social problems of recipients of social services.
Keywords: professional training of social specialists, social work, volunteering, social volunteer practice.
- Voronova E.A. Volunteering as a form of charity in modern Russia. Bulletin of St. Petersburg University, 2011, no. 1, pp. 330–336. (In Russian). EDN: YSRZLT. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29369459
- Egorychev A.M. Education and training in the system of professional training of specialists in the social sphere. Monograph. Moscow, RSSU Publ., 2022. 250 p. (In Russian).ISBN 978-5-7139-1422-6
- Gorlova N.I., Starovoitova L.I. Volunteer activity in cultural institutions as a way of forming a socially active personality (foreign experience). CITISE, 2020, no. 1(23), pp. 81-91. (In Russian). DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/24097616.2020.1.08
- Egorychev A.M. Volunteering as a Phenomenon of Russian Culture and Philosophy: The Spiritual Basis for the Upbringing of the Younger Generation and the Development of Russian Society. Novosibirsk, MSA (ZSO) Publ., 2021. pp. 125-133 (434 p.). (In Russian). ISBN 978-5-94301-890-9
- Ershov A.N. Microenvironment of leadership formation. Bulletin of the Kazan Technological University,. 2014, vol. 17, no. 23, pp. 455–462. (In Russian). EDN: TCCXLH. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22671109
- Zagladina H.T. Volunteering and Realization of the Social Potential of Children and Youth in the Context of Russian Educational Policy. Educational Policy, 2014, no. 4 (66), pp. 57–73. (In Russian). EDN: TMHVFP. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23136723
- Karpov S.P. What education reform do we need. Free thought XXI, 2005, no. 6 (1556), pp. 33-40. (In Russian).
- Kozodaeva L.F. Volunteer activity as a basis for educating the moral qualities of student youth. Bulletin of TSU, 2010, no. 11 (91), pp. 121-126. (In Russian). EDN: NAWQJT. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=15485563
- Kolosova R.P., Krasnovid (Trokhina) A.V. Employment of volunteers: opportunities and limitations. Monograph. Moscow, Teis Publ., 2010. 117 p. (In Russian). EDN: QUJTXR. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19941318
- Kokh I.A., Alekseeva L.A. Professional and value orientations of student youth on the example of the study of priorities in the structure of terminal and instrumental life values of students. Management Issues, 2018, no. 4(34), pp. 113-118. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36422055
- Lednev V.A. To become a great specialist, you need to work as a volunteer. Quality of Education, 2011, no. 12, pp. 42–44. (In Russian).
- Linovich M.V. Implementation of the educational practice “Learning through volunteering” in the system of academic education in Russia. Volunteer, 2012, no.1-2, pp. 34–37. (In Russian). EDN: SQJTZH. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22134807
- Olenina G.V. Pedagogy of socio-cultural design and promotion of youth civic initiatives, Doct. Diss. Barnaul, AGAKiI Publ., 2011. 311 p. (In Russian).
- Parshina Yu.V. Moral formation of an older teenager in volunteering. Doct. Diss. Voronezh, VSU Publ., 2011. 184 p. (In Russian). EDN: QFIZIH. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19254462
- Egorychev A.M., Mardakhaev L.V. Vocational education in the context of the development of the information society: the context of professional training of specialists in the social sphere. Monograph. Moscow, Publ., 2020. 378 p. (In Russian). ISBN: 978-5-7139-1404-2
- Egorychev A.M., Fomina S.N. Vocational education in Russia: challenges, state, direction of development. Monograph. Moscow, Russian State Social University Publ., 2019. 352 p. (In Russian). ISBN: 978-5-7139-1384-7
- Romanova L.L. Practical training of bachelors of social work for the prevention of family troubles within the framework of social partnership. Pedagogical journal, 2015, no. 6, pp. 193-207. (In Russian). EDN: VLNKPT. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25477129
- Rumyantsev O.G. On the amateur movement of public initiatives (Informal associations and their role in the restructuring of public life in the USSR). Moscow, IEMSS AN SSSR Publ., 1988. 47 p. (In Russian).
- Sadykov R.M. On the issue of practical training of bachelors of social work. Modern problems of science and education, 2014, no.1, pp. 1. 460. (In Russian). EDN: SBKZCD. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21451446
- Egorychev A.M., Chernik B.P., Slavic world without borders: past, present, future. Novosibirsk, Sibprint Publ., 2021. 296 p. (In Russian). ISBN 978-5-94301-884-8
- Starovoitova L.I. Social vocational education in the modern system of education. CITISE, 2017, no. 4(13), pp. 15. (In Russian). EDN: YMWNSL. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32336964
- Sharypin A.V. Volunteer movement of students: origins and modernity. Modern studies of social problems, 2010, no. 4 (04), pp. 214–220. (In Russian). . EDN: NBJUFV. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=15508672
- Shchuplenkov O.V. The history of the youth movement in Russia in the research field. Tambov, Diploma Publ., 2012, no. 1 (15), pp. 211–215. (In Russian). ISSN 1997-292X
Gorlova N.I., Starovojtova L.I. Volunteering as a necessary condition for professional training of social specialists. CITISE, 2022, no. 3, pp. 18-28. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.3.02