Mahrina Е.А., Koval D.V.
PSYCHOLOGICAL FEATURES OF THE FORMATION OF VARIOUS TYPES OF INTERNET ADDICTION
Mahrina Е.А.1 (Sevastopol, Russian Federation) – Е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Koval D.V.2 (Taganrog, Russian Federation) – Е-mail: email@example.com
1Sevastopol State University
2Rostov State University of Economics
Abstract. This article presents a theoretical analysis of modern scientific research on the psychological characteristics of the formation of Internet addiction. The relevance of the article is due, first of all, to the increase in the number of people of various age and social categories who have undergone Internet addiction. In connection with the development of the Internet space, various incentives appear, thanks to which new types and forms of Internet addictions are formed, which negatively affects the psychological characteristics of people, the problems of their socialization and the system of social communication. The author also conducted an empirical study, the results of which allow us to say that it is the psychological characteristics of a particular subject (personality) that determine the nature of his Internet addiction. It is the individual mental characteristics of a person that encourage them to choose one or another type of Internet activity, often getting into a situation of addiction. The authors believe that despite the strength, level and type of Internet addiction that a person has fallen into, there is a need to provide him with appropriate assistance and support. The task of a specialist (psychologist) is to work with mental states, and not with addiction. We believe that with a dependent type of personality, it is almost difficult to do something, and the mental state of the subject is subject to adjustment. Based on the results of this study, correcting aggression can minimize cravings for computer games, and correcting anxiety reduces the need for online dating. The practical significance of the results of the study is, firstly, to increase the material of the empirical research base that is relevant to the modern scientific world in matters related to the neutralization of Internet addiction; secondly, in the possibility of their use in psychological and pedagogical practice concerning the organization of prevention and correction of Internet addiction.
Keywords: Internet, addiction, Internet addiction, virtual reality, types of Internet addiction, motivation, addiction, upbringing.
- Alekseevets O.G. Personal characteristics of adolescents prone to Internet addiction. Bulletin of the Buryat State University. Education. Personality. Society, 2011, no. 5, pp. 185-189. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=16344925
- Andriesh V.A., Bubnova S.Yu. Game training as a means of preventing computer addiction in children of senior preschool age in a preschool educational organization. Scientific note of the Oryol State University, 2019, no. 2 (83), pp. 178-180. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41370276
- Balonov I.M. Computer and teenager. Moscow, 2002. pp. 32-58. (In Russian).
- Burova V.A. Socio-psychological aspects of Internet addiction. Available at: URL: https://cyberpsy.ru/articles/burova-internet-addiction/ (accessed 17 May 2022)
- Voiskunsky A.E. The phenomenon of Internet addiction. Humanitarian research on the Internet. Moscow, Mozhaisk-Terra Publ., 2000. pp. 100-131. (In Russian). ISBN 5-7542-0074-9
- Voiskunsky A.E. Actual problems of Internet addiction. Psychological journal. 2004, no. 1, pp. 34-38. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17695337
- Grebennikova N.V. Characterological features of older adolescents prone to computer-gaming addiction. Scientific works of the Moscow Humanitarian University, 2017, no. 3. pp. 4. (In Russian). DOI: 10.17805/trudy.2017.3.4
- Grushina A.A. The influence of the media on the personality of a teenager. Young scientist, 2018, no. 3 (189), pp. 162-164. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32336025
- Drepa M.I. Psychological prevention of Internet addiction in students. Pyatigorsk, 2010. 240 p. (In Russian).
- Likhvan A.V., Mozgovaya N.N. Features of the psychological space of the personality of schoolchildren addicted to computer games. Innovatsionnaya nauka, 2017, no. 1(2), pp. 193-196. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27723506
- Luzhkova M.M. Gambling addiction of minors as a cause of social maladaptation. Vestnik nauki i obrazovaniya, 2019, no. 19-1(73), pp. 105-109. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41161204
- Kulachenko M.P. Psychological counseling for adolescents with computer addiction. Norwegian Journal of Development of the International Science, 2019, no. 26-3, pp. 50-53. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36942042
- Nikitina L.N. Forms and methods of prevention of psychological dependence of minors on computer games. Problems of modern pedagogical education, 2020, no. 67(2), pp. 96-100. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43150551
- Nikitina L.N. Psychological training as a means of preventing excessive enthusiasm for computer games. Problems of modern pedagogical education, 2020, no. 67(2), pp. 100-103. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43150552
- Pozdnyakova V.S. The problem of gambling addiction among young people (on the example of computer games). Scientific journal of young scientists, 2016, no. 2 (7), 233-236. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27529554
- Polyakova O.O. Features of computer gaming activity of adolescents. Povolzhsky Pedagogical Bulletin, 2018, vol. 6, no. 1(18), pp. 55-59. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35742976
- Repina M.A. The problem of Internet addiction among adolescents. Young scientist, 2014, no. 20 (79), pp. 662-664. (In Russian).
- Tikhon A.S. Kochioban A.B. Negative impact of the computer and the Internet on the psyche and physical health of children. WEB OF SCHOLAR, 2020, no. 1 (43), pp. 36-39. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42837848
- Shabshin I.I. On the psychological features of communication on the Internet. Moscow psychotherapeutic journal, 2005, no. 1 (44), pp. 158-182. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=12197980
Mahrina Е.А., Koval D.V. Psychological features of the formation of various types of internet addiction. CITISE, 2022, no. 2, pp.336-344. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.2.29