THE ROLE OF SELF-LIMITATION IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF HUMAN WILL QUALITIES (BY THE EXAMPLE OF STUDENT YOUTH)
Ivanov A.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Moscow City Pedagogical University
Abstract. This article is devoted to the problem of the relationship between self-restrictions and the development of volitional qualities, the influence on the development of self-consciousness in the process of development and self-development of the student’s personality. The article reveals the concepts of ” will “and” volitional qualities”, the directions of their development, presents the scientific characteristics of the concept of “self-restraint”, its essence and content in philosophy, psychology and pedagogy, reveals the stages of self-restraint, defines the impulses that arise as a result of the appearance of corresponding needs and motives, depending on the stimuli of development, which are factors (determinants) that determine the emergence of motives, as well as the term “de-delimiting” as the elimination and shift of the boundaries of human development. The types of restrictions based on external or internal incentives are defined. The essence of self-restrictions, which have opposite meanings in the process of personal development, and possible ways of avoiding the negative results of self-restrictions are considered. The article briefly describes the experiment and presents the results of testing to identify the role of self-restraint in the development of volitional qualities, pedagogical support for motivating students to self-restraint, and methods for developing volitional qualities in the context of self-restraint. The materials of the article are of practical value for researchers in the field of educational psychology who study the problems of education, students, and school teachers.
Keywords: will, volitional qualities, self-restraint, stages, impulses, motives, self-restraint, decrepitation, methods of developing volitional qualities.
- Budagyants G.N. Factors of education of moral and volitional qualities of the personality of young athletes. Humanitarian and pedagogical education, 2019, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 75-79. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43021054
- Bykova E.A. To the question of the formation of volitional qualities in adolescence. Bulletin of the Shadrinsk State Pedagogical University, 2021, no. 2(50), pp. 202-208. (In Russian). DOI: 10.52772/25420291_2021_2_202
- Vasiliev B.Yu. Methods for the formation of moral and volitional qualities among cadets of military universities. Professional education in Russia and abroad, 2017, no. 1 (25), pp. 77-83. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28876293
- Efimenko S.V. Features of the regulation of the emotional-volitional sphere of students in the study of a foreign language. North-Caucasian psychological bulletin, 2015, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 41-47. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23998952
- Zakharova I.N. Volitional qualities of personality. Young scientist, 2019, no. 29 (267), pp. 84-86. (In Russian).
- Zakharova A.V. Development of volitional qualities of students of a technical university by means of physical education. Modern problems of science and education, 2019, no. 2, pp. 24. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37395044
- Ivannikov V.A., Gusev A.N., Barabanov D.D. The connection between the meaningfulness of life and the way of controlling the action with students’ self-assessments of volitional qualities. Bulletin of Moscow University, 2019, no. 2, pp. 27-44. (In Russian). DOI: 10.11621/vsp.2019.02.27
- Kireycheva E.V., Kotlyarova D.A. Formation and development of volitional qualities in psychology students. Personality in culture and education: psychological support, development, socialization: mater. All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conf., 2018, no. 6, pp. 93-97. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36938191
- Kuznetsova D.A. Features of the development of volitional qualities in primary school age. Young scientist, 2018, no. 23 (209), pp. 389-391. (In Russian).
- Kuptsova S.A. Psychic self-regulation as a component of health culture. Bulletin of the South Ural State State Medical University, 2018, no. 2, pp. 221-232. (In Russian). DOI: 10.25588/CSPU.2018.02.23
- Leonova A.B., Kuznetsova A.S. Psychological technologies for managing the human condition. Moscow, Meaning Publ., 2007. 311 p. (In Russian). ISBN 978-5-89357-241-4
- Leontiev A.A. Activity, consciousness, personality. Moscow, Meaning Publ., 2005. –431s. (In Russian). ISBN 5-89357-113-4
- Prilepskikh O.S. Features of the will and volitional qualities of a personality in adolescence. Problems of modern pedagogical education, 2019, no. 63-3, pp. 314-317. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38165959
- Trityak Yu.A. Psychological features of volitional qualities of a student’s personality. NOVAINFO.RU., 2013, no. 18, pp. 121-123. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22447861
- Filipchenko S.N. Actual problems of formation of volitional qualities of adolescents at the stage of modernization of Russian education. Saratov, Techno-Décor Publ., 2018. 143 p. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29905067
- Kross E., Mischel W. From stimulus control to self-control: Towards an integrative understanding of the processes underlying willpower. NY, Oxford University Press Publ., 2010. pp. 428-446.
- Marshall M., Marshall E. Logotherapy revisited: review of the tenets of Viktor E. Frankl’s Logotherapy. Canada, Ottawa Institute of Logotherapy Publ., 2012.
- Mihm M., Ozbek K. A Model of Self-Discipline, 2016. 648. p
- Rodrigues E. C-3 A System of Discipline: A Review of Classroom Management Models and Strategies, 2014. 214 p.
Ivanov A.V. The role of self-limitation in the development of human will qualities (by the example of student youth). CITISE, 2022, no. 2, pp.294-306. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.2.25