METHODOLOGICAL APPROACHES TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SCIENTIFIC THINKING AS A BASIS OF NATURAL SCIENCE LITERACY IN THE STUDY OF CHEMISTRY
Pavlova I.V.1 (Kazan, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Institute for the Development of Education of the Republic of Tatarstan
Abstract. The importance of the formation of scientific thinking in schoolchildren, including in chemistry lessons, is beyond doubt. It is necessary to develop methodological approaches that would activate the thinking of students and be characterized by a high degree of interactivity, motivation and emotional perception of the educational process. The use of such approaches will also make it possible to develop the cognitive and creative activities of students, improve the effectiveness of the educational process, form and evaluate emerging competencies. That is why active forms of education should be introduced into the education of schoolchildren for the most complete inclusion of them in the educational process and the activation of the process of forming high-quality knowledge. The cognitive process of integrating verbal and non-verbal information is part of the learning process in general and is especially relevant for any of the natural sciences. In chemistry, it forms the core of the metacognitive processes needed to understand a concept and apply it to any form of problem solving. Thus, it affects the study and teaching of both theoretical and experimental chemistry. In this article, the author made an attempt to scientific analysis and critical reflection on the methodological approaches to the development of scientific thinking of schoolchildren as the basis of natural science literacy in the study of chemistry. It has been shown that scientific thinking skills in schoolchildren are effectively formed when they actively participate in research activities.
Keywords: development of scientific thinking; development of critical thinking; natural science literacy; teaching chemistry.
- Demina V.V., Demina S.A., Zayakina I.A., Kozhukalova O.Yu. The main trends characterizing the knowledge society in Russia. ANI: Economics and Management, 2021, no. 2 (35), pp. 162-166. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46336594
- Klimakova V.V. Development of creative thinking of students at chemistry lessons in secondary school. Concept, 2013, no. 1, pp. 68-73. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18807387
- Tulkibaeva N.N., Starchenko S.A. Formation of natural-science thinking of high school students. Bulletin of the South Ural State State University, 2019, no. 5, pp. 137-140. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42390414
- Pavlova I.V., Potapov A.A. Input control of students’ knowledge as a basis for differentiating the content of chemical education. Management of sustainable development, 2019, no. 3 (22), pp. 96-100. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41285607
- Bekchanov D.Zh., Mukhamediev M.G., Gafurova D.A., Rakhimov T.Kh., Khasanov Sh.B. Benefits of using a virtual laboratory in teaching chemistry in high school. Universum: psychology and education, 2021, no. 12 (90), pp. 84-89. (In Russian).
- Narenova S.M., Satenova G. The effectiveness of the use of digital educational resources in chemistry lessons. Science, technology and education, 2018, no. 5 (46), pp. 53-55. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=34992749
- Dobrotin D.Yu., Snastina M.G. Guidelines for teachers prepared on the basis of an analysis of typical mistakes of participants in the USE 2020 in chemistry. Pedagogical measurements, 2020, no. 3, pp. 61-90. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44311988
- Kozlova V.V. Formation of meta-subject skills of schoolchildren in solving problems of organic chemistry using mathematical modeling. Bulletin of the Magistracy, 2018, no. 2-2 (77), pp. 91-94. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32473888
- Litvinova N.M., Sazhneva T.V., Bayan E.M. Blended teaching of chemistry at school: from theory to practice. Educational technologies and society, 2016, no. 1, pp. 80-91. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25516596
- Fedorova N.N. Subjects of the natural science cycle as a means of developing schoolchildren’s systemic thinking. Bulletin of the Amur State University. Series: Humanities, 2018, no. 80, pp. 125-127. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32595520
- Faizulloeva M.M. Makhmujonovna, Bobizoda G.M. Formation of key competencies of students in chemistry lessons. Bulletin of the Pedagogical University (Series 2: Pedagogy and psychology, methods of teaching humanitarian and natural disciplines), 2020, no. 1 (1), pp. 59-65. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46651384
- Pavlova I.V. Application of project-based learning in chemistry lessons at school. Ulyanovsk, Zebra Publ., 2020, pp. 199-201. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44657331
- Drobyshev E.Yu. Educational and research activities of students in chemistry lessons and after school hours: a comparative analysis. School technologies, 2019, no. 1, pp. 79-87. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37276377
- Sharypova N.V., Pavlova N.V. Planning the development of cognitive universal educational activities in teaching chemistry in the 8th grade. Bulletin of the Shadrinsk State Pedagogical University, 2018, no. 4 (40), pp. 86-93. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36738357
- Arestova A.A. Electronic educational resources as a means of individualization of education at school. Gaudeamus, 2019, no. 2 (40), pp. 25-32. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39387667
Pavlova I.V. Methodological approaches to the development of scientific thinking as a basis of natural science literacy in the study of chemistry. CITISE, 2022, no. 2, pp.75-86. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.2.06