Bigildina E.R., Gayazova G.A., Kachagina O.V., Yelinson M.A., Khamrakulov I.I.
POSSIBILITIES OF USING STATISTICAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING GEOGRAPHY (USING THE EXAMPLE OF STUDYING THE GEOGRAPHY OF MORBIDITY ACCORDING TO COVID 2019)
Bigildina E.R.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – E-mail:email@example.com, Gayazova G.A.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Kachagina O.V.2 (Ulyanovsk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: Okatschagina@mail.ru, Yelinson M.A.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Khamrakulov I.I.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Bashkir State University
2Ulyanovsk State University
Abstract. The article is devoted to the use of statistical materials in geography lessons. The article reveals the essence of the statistical analysis method, its relevance and interconnectedness with geographical science. For example, when studying the geography of continents and oceans, students analyze statistical characteristics in climate charts and graphs. This helps to broaden their horizons. It is also important to be able to draw useful and correct conclusions when analyzing data that is published both in the media and in official sources and websites. The merging of geography and statistics during classes at school is a good example of the complementarity of disciplines that develop new thinking skills in schoolchildren. Statistical methods must be used in the system, since it is impossible to operate with bare numbers alone, the numbers themselves are quite difficult to remember. In the process of studying geography, it is also necessary to teach schoolchildren not only to build graphs, diagrams and tables, but also, first of all, to extract the necessary information from them, analyze, and draw conclusions. Identify trends (dynamics) in the development of phenomena and processes over time (for example, changes in the level of urbanization, population in the world, in regions, in countries. To present the results of statistical data processing in the form of tables, charts, graphs and cartodiagrams. As an example for data processing, open statistical materials on the incidence of covid – 2019 in the Republic of Bashkortostan, for internal analysis, and data on the state of Iowa USA were taken. Working with statistical materials is a mandatory element of the geography learning process.
Keywords: geography, statistics, covid, Republic of Bashkortostan, morbidity, school.
- Adelmurzina I.F., Nurmatova Z.S. Compilation of the program of a medium-scale medical geographical map (on the example of the Republic of Bashkortostan). Ufa, Bashkir State University Publ., 2016. – pp. 14-19. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27264671
- Adelmurzina I.F., Zaripova L.A., Nikolaeva N.V. Maps of general and secondary education of the Republic of Bashkortostan: types, analysis, possibilities of use. CITISE, 2020, no. 1(23), pp. 405-416. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.1.37
- Akhmetgareeva E.V., Vildanov I.R., Gayazova G.A. Medico-geographical mapping: research and forecasting of socio-pedagogical problems of society. CITISE, 2020, no. 3 (25), pp. 217-227. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44064978
- Baryshev P.M., Neronov V.M. Methodology of drawing up a comprehensive medical and geographical map of leptospirosis on the model of the Altai Territory. Leningrad, Geographical Society of the USSR Publ., 1973. 202 p. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20212598
- Bigildina E.R., Vildanov I.R., Gayazova G.A. Medico-geographical mapping: analysis and research of tactile maps in the conditions of school education. CITISE, 2022, no. 1, pp.132-147. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.1.11
- Bijoyan K.S., Kermazova D.K., Gevorkyan A.A. Improving the quality of medical services provided by introducing medical electronic cards. Cheboksary, Interactive Plus Publ., 2017, pp. 22-26. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29164517
- Bulygina O.V., Rodina P.A. Medical geography: modern aspects. Bulletin of medical Internet conferences, 2016, vol.6, no. 1, pp. 73. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25861842
- Vorobyeva O.V., Khizbullina R.Z., Sattarova G.A. Features of the formation of natural science knowledge in a modern school. Modern problems of science and education, 2017, no. 2, pp. 145. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29036214
- Gartfelder D.V., Golenkov A.V. Methods of statistical analysis in psychology and medicine. Cheboksary, Chuvash State University named after I. N. Ulyanov Publ., 2007. 154 c. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19542667
- Gayazova G.A., Gizatshina G.M., Kazeeva A.A. Methodology for compiling medical and geographical maps (on the example of data on HIV disease in the Republic of Bashkortostan). CITISE, 2020, no. 4, pp.117-129. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.4.11
- Kazeeva A.A. Application of the Mapinfo Professional program for drawing up medico-geographical maps. Ufa, Bashkir State University Publ., 2020, pp. 51-52. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43103266
- Klimov A.V., Khakimov I.R. Analysis of statistical data on the incidence of HIV infection in the Republic of Bashkortostan. NovaInfo.Ru, 2017, vol. 1, no. 66, pp. 260-266. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29226938
- Sattarova G.A., Khizbullina R.Z., Bakieva E.V. Geographical errors: their types, causes, ways and means of elimination. Pedagogical Journal of Bashkortostan, 2021, no. 2(92), pp. 62-73. DOI: 10.21510/1817-3292-2021-92-2-62-73
- Khripunova A.A., Agapitova P.D., Prikhodko R.A. Geoinformation technologies as a tool for monitoring the healthcare system at the regional level. Modern high-tech technologies, 2018, no. 9, pp. 136-140. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35629333
- Khizbullina R.Z., Sattarova G.A. The use of the statistical method in teaching geography at school. Ufa, BSPU Publ., 2016. 70 p.
- Yapparov R.G., Gabitova G.R. The epidemic situation of HIV infection in the Republic of Bashkortostan in 2015. Journal of Infectology, 2016, vol. 8, no. 4. pp. 31-35. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27594412
- The official website of the healthcare of the Republic of Bashkortostan. Available at: https://health.bashkortostan.ru/ (Accessed 02 November 2021)
- Official website of Healthcare of the Russian Federation. Available at: https://minzdrav.gov.ru/ (Accessed 02 November 2021)
- Bashkortostan through my eyes. Available at: https://vk.com/rb_nature (Accessed 02 November 2021)
- Open data on the incidence of Covid-19. Available at: https://coronavirus-control.ru/coronavirus-bashkortostan/ (Accessed 02 November 2021)
Bigildina E.R., Gayazova G.A., Kachagina O.V., Yelinson M.A., Khamrakulov I.I. Possibilities of using statistical materials in teaching geography (using the example of studying the geography of morbidity according to Covid 2019). CITISE, 2022, no.2, pp.7-19. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.2.01