Urumov Z.E., Bigaeva I.M., Malieva Z.K.
FORMATION OF LEARNING MOTIVATION IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCH ACTIVITIES OF STUDENTS
Urumov Z.E.1 (Vladikavkaz, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Bigaeva I.M.1 (Vladikavkaz, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Malieva Z.K.1 (Vladikavkaz, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1North Ossetian State University named after K.L. Khetagurova
Abstract. The article deals with the problem of formation of educational motivation of schoolchildren. The issue of motivating schoolchildren to study is one of the most relevant in modern school, since the success of the educational process, the development of students and their emotional well-being depend on its solution. Lack of learning motivation leads to lack of independence, inattention and passivity in the classroom, inadequate self-esteem, dissatisfaction with the learning process, failure to complete learning tasks. The purpose of this study is to identify and experimentally substantiate the role of research activities in shaping the motivation of schoolchildren. Particular attention is paid to increasing the level of intrinsic motivation. The internal motivation of learning is considered as the main factor in the success of learning, including a set of motives inherent in educational activities (cognitive interest, personal meaning of learning, the desire for self-development). The methodological basis of the study was formed by the ideas of activity, system and personality-oriented approaches. The novelty of the study lies in the substantiation of the effectiveness of research activities in the formation of students’ motivation for learning in optional classes in chemistry. The practical significance of the study lies in the application by practitioners of ideas on the organization of research activities to develop the motivation for learning students. The effectiveness of research activities in the process of formation of learning motivation is due to the fact that it ensures the implementation of the principles of visibility, consciousness and creative activity, the practical orientation of training, and success. As a result of research work in optional classes in chemistry, students develop a cognitive interest, creative thinking, a genuine desire to deepen, systematize and apply knowledge in the discipline. The results of the experiment showed a significant increase in the number of schoolchildren showing interest in chemistry; growth of educational motivation; improved performance in chemistry.
Keywords: external and internal motivation, learning motivation, cognitive interest, personal meaning of learning, learning process, research work.
- Agaeva L.V., Tabolova E.S., Doneva O.V. Formation of cognitive interest in the educational process. University science, 2018, no. 1 (5), pp. 126-128. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35091534
- Bazhuk O.V., Puzep L.G. Psychological and pedagogical methods of creating a situation of success. Kazan Pedagogical Journal, 2020, no. 2 (139), pp. 92-98. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43774946
- Vinnik N.D. Interdisciplinary connections in teaching chemistry to schoolchildren. Scientific and methodological journal Poisk, 2019, no. 4 (68), pp. 34-36. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42897288
- Gao L. Teaching motivation as a psychological and pedagogical problem in Russia and China. Successes of modern science, 2017, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 44-48. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28830049
- Gordeeva T.O. Motivation: new approaches, diagnostics, practical recommendations. Siberian Psychological Journal, 2016, no. 62, pp. 38-53. (In Russian). DOI: 10.17223/17267080/62/4
- Kolesnikova V.V. Motivation for learning in middle school age. Vestnik KRAUNC. Humanitarian sciences, 2020, no. 1 (35), pp. 60-62. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44342353
- Medvedeva N.V. To the question of pedagogical methods of forming motives for learning among students. International Journal of Experimental Education, 2019, no. 5, pp. 15-19. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=40535170
- Mezinov V.N., Nehoroshikh N.A., Povalyaeva O.N. Actualization of the problem of development of motivation for students’ teaching in the educational process. Proceedings of the Volgograd State Pedagogical University, 2020, no. 5 (148), pp. 18-26. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43130534
- Melekhina V.V., Petrishcheva L.P., Okolelov A.Yu. Creating a situation of success to improve the efficiency of the educational process. Science and Education, 2021, vo. 4, no. 2. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47110956
- Miller T.A., Tyurina P.O., Mamaeva A.A. The use of research tasks in mathematics lessons as a means of forming cognitive interest among students in grades 5-6. New Science: Problems and Perspectives, 2016, no. 121-2, pp. 91-92. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28096543
- Rodionova E.I. Psychological and pedagogical conditions for the formation of motivation of younger schoolchildren in the educational process. Young scientist, 2020, no. 21 (311), pp. 702-704. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42901834
- Sadykova A. E. The phenomenon of self-actualization A. Maslow in the modern world. Symbol of science, 2020, no. 2, pp. 66-70. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42409793
- Safronova M.V., Khlyzova E.V. Peculiarities of Motivation of Educational Activities of Schoolchildren Studying in Conditions of Different Educational Approaches. Siberian Pedagogical Journal, 2012, no. 8, pp. 222-225. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18398718
- Sedova N.E. Theoretical concepts of learning motivation in philosophy, psychology, pedagogy. Bulletin of the Kamchatka Polytechnic College, 2010, no. 2, pp. 7-18. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23207108
- Stefanova G.P. New content of the principle of practical orientation in the preparation of students. Science and school, 2010, no. 2, pp. 13-16. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=15229133
- Filgona J., Sakiyo J., Cwany D.M., Okoronka A.U. Motivation in Learning. Asian Journal of Education and Social Studies, 2020, vol. 10(4), pp. 16-37. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9734/AJESS/2020/v10i430273
- Lazebnikova A., Koval T., Troyan V. Motivation as a condition and backgroung for successful learning activity. Espacios, 2018, vol. 39, no. 38, pp. 16. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35751362
Urumov Z.E., Bigaeva I.M., Malieva Z.K. Formation of learning motivation in the process of research activities of students. CITISE, 2022, no. 1, pp.491-499. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.1.42