Shimanovskaya Ya.V., Gaponenko G., Sarychev A.S.
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES IN SOCIAL WORK WITH CITIZENS OF THE ELDERLY AND OLD AGE ON SOLVING THEIR SOCIAL PROBLEMS: A SOCIAL AND PEDAGOGICAL APPROACH
Shimanovskaya Ya.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Gaponenko G.1 (Beersheba, Israel) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Sarychev A.S.2 (Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Russian State Social University
2Northern State Social University
Abstract. Against the background of the aging of the population and the trend towards the separation of a small family in modern society, the urgency of the problems of older people, who are increasingly faced with loneliness, social isolation and depression, leading to a decrease in their standard of living, is becoming more acute. The article discusses innovative methods of social work used to help the elderly, on the basis of the Department of Social Work in Beer Sheva, Israel. These methods are aimed at improving the quality of life of this socio-demographic group of citizens, their socialization, rehabilitation and habilitation. These include clubs for the elderly, health groups, training in professional and domestic skills, advisory work, and more. The theme of support for family members of the elderly is touched upon. Special attention is paid to working with a group of elderly Holocaust survivors, an analogy is drawn between them and WWII veterans in terms of effective methods of providing socio-psychological support. The article also discusses some projects developed and launched by the department for working with the elderly of the Department of Social Work: health days, training in computer literacy, self-service culinary skills, the formation of mutual aid communities on a territorial basis, the “Together” project aimed at supporting family members of the elderly living in the nursing home in Beersheba. All projects are aimed at improving the quality of life of older people, the realization and support of their physical, psychological and cognitive potential.
Keywords: innovations, elderly, therapy, rehabilitation, Israel, projects.
- Aizinova I.M. Socio-economic problems of the older generation: the quality of life of the population of older ages. Problems of Forecasting, 2017, no. 4 (163), pp.121-131. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32236982
- Belovol E.V., Boyko Z.V., Radysh I.V. Is it possible to slow down cognitive aging, or about the benefits of learning in adulthood and old age. Human Ecology, 2018, no. 2, pp.59-64. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33396/1728-0869-2018-2-59-64
- Bistyaikina D.A., Solovieva T.V., Pankova E.G. Social well-being of older people during the period of self-isolation. Social policy and sociology, 2020, vol.19, no. 3, pp.33-40. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44883759
- Volpert I.E. Imagotherapy as a method of rehabilitation for neurosis and mental illness (to the question of the theoretical foundations of imagotherapy). Bulletin of psychotherapy, 2000, no. 7 (12), pp.141–147. (In Russian).
- Grigorieva I.A., Parfenova O.A., Petukhova I.S. Employment and social exclusion of elderly citizens (review of European conferences). Sociological research, 2018, no. 5, pp.157-159. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.7868/S013216251805015X
- Grigoryan M.F. Depression and anxiety of people of senile age. Clinical gerontology, 2018, no. 9-10, pp.16-17. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35418963
- Demidova T.E. Social work with the elderly. Monograph. Moscow, Rusajns Publ., 2017. 255 p. (In Russian). ISBN 978-5-4365-1727-8
- Rostovskaya T.K., Egorychev A.M., Gulyaev S.B. Contacts of social life: the role and influence on the formation of a harmonious person and a happy society. Alma-mater (Bulletin of higher education), 2021, no. 5, pp.76-82. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.20339/AM.05-21.076
- Zhornyak E.S. Narrative psychotherapy: from debate to dialogue. Counseling psychology and psychotherapy, 2001, vol. 9, no. 3, pp.91-124. (In Russian).
- Zeig J.K. The evolution of psychotherapy: Sat. articles. Volume 3. “Let it be …”: Existential-humanistic psychotherapy. Moscow, Class Publ., 1998. 304 p. (In Russian).ISBN 5-86375-077-4
- Zimina E.V., Stepanova A.A. Directions for the development of innovative forms of social work with elderly citizens. Global and regional research, 2020. vol. 2, no. 1. pp. 496-499. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42896625
- Kalmykova E.S., E.A. Misko, Tarabrina N.V. Features of psychotherapy of post-traumatic stress. Psychological journal, 2001, vol. 22, no. 4. pp.70-80. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21172227
- Kirilyuk I.L., Sviridov A.P. Problems of older people and the development of the institute of patient organizations. Clinical Gerontology, 2019, no. 9-10, pp.52-53. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41420564
- Kozina G.Yu., Gerasimova Yu.M. Modern view on the organization of social work with the elderly. Young scientist, 2018, no. 40 (226), pp.70-73. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36066674
- Lazebnik L.B., Konev Yu.V. Elderly people during the COVID-19 epidemic. Point of view. Clinical Gerontology, 2021, vol. 27, no. 1-2, pp.5-9. (In Russian). DOI: 10.26347/1607-2499202101-02005-009
- Pozdneva E.G., Evseev V.V. Health and safety as mutual amplifiers in a risk society: a sociological aspect. Health is the basis of human potential: problems and ways to solve them, 2018, vol. 13, no. 1, pp.108-115. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36773780
- Prikhodko M.I., Kiseleva I.N. Innovative forms in social work with the elderly. International Journal of the Humanities and Natural Sciences, 2018, no. 2, pp.114-116. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32637650
- Spirina M.L., Gazaryan S.S. Social problems of older people in modern society. Cheboksary, Interactive Plus Publ., 2018. pp. 135-137. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=34980473
Shimanovskaya Ya.V., Gaponenko G., Sarychev A.S. Innovative technologies in social work with citizens of the elderly and old age on solving their social problems: a social and pedagogical approach. CITISE, 2022, no. 1, pp.395-402. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.1.34