Kozlovskaya D.I., Kozlovskaya S.N.
FEATURES OF SELF-ACTUALIZATION AND SELF-EFFICACY OF STUDENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY
Kozlovskaya D.I.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E–mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Kozlovskaya S.N.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Russian State Social University
Abstract. Self-actualization and self-efficacy can be considered as important personal resources of a future professional. The process of raising awareness and developing self-actualization and self-efficacy of students is carried out at the university level. The article presents the main approaches to self-actualization and self-efficacy. It should be noted that the article notes common characteristics: aspiration to the future, activity in the realization of one’s own capabilities, a positive vector of personality orientation, which characterize both processes. The authors believe that the process of self-actualization is continuous and is associated with maintaining and increasing self-esteem through reflection and rethinking experience. This allows a person to develop and change in the process of studying at the university. The ability to realize yourself in the world is the beginning of self-actualization, which allows you to develop self-confidence. Interacting with other people, the future specialist realizes his own capabilities. Self-efficacy is an important motive for achieving the goal, belief in success based on the analysis of past experience. Self-efficacy is applicable to all areas of human life, including actions, communication and relationships. Unlike efficiency, the concept of self-efficacy refers to the belief that a person is capable of acting effectively. The article presents the results of a practical study of the features of self-actualization that contribute to the development of self-efficacy in the activities and communication of students at the university. On the other hand, the communicative-subject field of self-efficacy creates conditions for self-actualization of personality, the development of a positive orientation of students’ basic beliefs. The authors believe that in the process of studying at the university, all the parameters of self-actualization and self-efficacy of the student develop.
Keywords: self-actualization, self-efficacy, personal resources, future specialist, personality orientation, subjective control, competence.
- Asmolov A.G. Psychology of personality: cultural and historical understanding of human development. Moscow, Academy Publ., 2007. 528 p. (In Russian). ISBN 978-5-89357-221-6
- Baranova T.A. Indicators of self-actualization among students of a higher educational institution with different professional orientations. Questions of teaching methods at the university, 2014, no. 3 (17), pp. 45-56. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22632740
- Berman N.D. Influence of self-efficacy on student learning. World of Science. Pedagogy and Psychology, 2020, no. 2, pp. 1-8. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43171433
- Bulynko N.A., Kolomeytsev Yu.A. On the problem of personality self-efficacy in psychology. Bulletin of MDPU named after I. P. Shamyakina, 2009, no. 3 (24), pp. 38-44.
- Gaidar M.I. Dynamics of personal self-efficacy of students of psychologists during their studies at the university. Izvestiya VGPU, 2008, no. 9, pp. 264-267. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=11903321
- Egorychev A.M. Education in the Information Age: Traditions, Innovations, Priorities. Actual Problems of Philology and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages, 2021, vol. 15, pp. 120-130. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45663099
- Zeer E.F. The relationship of self-actualization, parameters of psychological time and personality characteristics at the stage of professional training. Scientific dialogue, 2017, no. 12, pp. 419-435. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32306973
- Zobnina T.V. Study of the relationship between the desire for self-actualization and the ability to self-government among university students. Bulletin of the Kostroma State University. 2019, no. 1, pp. 98-102. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37525959
- Caprara J. Psychology of personality. St. Petersburg, Peter Publ., 2003. 640 p. (In Russian). ISBN 5-318-00404-0
- Kozlovskaya S.N., Kozlovskaya D.I. Conditions and factors for solving urgent problems of modern social education. Moscow, Ekon-Inform Publ., 2020. pp. 148-151. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42465515
- Krichevsky R.L. Self-efficacy and acmeological approach to the study of personality. Acmeology, 2001, no. 1, pp. 47-52. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/contents.asp?id=33952946
- Lanskikh M.V., Gut Yu.N., Sazonov D.N. Self-actualization of the personality of students studying in different areas of training in the system of higher education. Pedagogical education in Russia, 2020, no. 2, pp. 159-165. (In Russian). DOI: 10.26170/po20-02-20
- Lebedinskaya S.V. On the issue of studying the self-efficacy of the individual as a resource quality among students of the humanitarian profile. Uchenye zapiski ZabGU, 2017, no. 2, pp. 60-65. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29203926
- Leontiev D.A. Personal in personality: personal potential as the basis of self-determination. Scientific notes of the Department of General Psychology of Moscow State University. M.V. Lomonosov, 2002, no. 1, pp. 56-65. (In Russian).
- Limonova O.O. Psychological support for self-actualization of the personality of students of higher education. World of Science. Pedagogy and psychology, 2018, no. 2, pp. 1-7. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35215337
- Makarova D.N. Psychological correlates of productive and unproductive patterns of metacognitive regulation in students. Scientific notes of the Crimean Federal University named after V.I. Vernadsky, 2021, no. 1, pp. 138-160. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44802723
- Maslow A. Far limits of the human psyche. St. Petersburg, Eurasia Publ., 1999. 430 p. (In Russian). ISBN 5-8071-0018-2
- Merezhnikov A.P. Features of self-actualization of students of the humanitarian profile. Scientific notes of the University of Lesgaft, 2019, no. 12 (178), pp. 405-407. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42197463
- Panteleeva O.L. The relationship between the components of self-realization and self-actualization of students. Akmeologiya, 2019, no. 1 (69), pp. 15-21. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37011772
- Egorychev A.M., Mardakhaev L.V., Sizikova V.V. Vocational education in the context of the development of the information society: the context of professional training of specialists in the social sphere. Monograph. Moscow, Russian State Social University Publ., 2020. 378 p. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44828170
- Samal E.V. Structural components of self-actualization as a component of self-consciousness of the personality of a future psychologist. Omsk Scientific Bulletin, 2012, no. 1 (105), pp. 150-154. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17914791
- Yashchenko E.F. Features of self-actualization of students with different professional orientation. Psychological journal, 2006, no. 3, pp. 31-41. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=9212400
- Bandura A. Self-efficacy: towards a unifying theory of behavioral changes. Psychological review, 1977, no. 2, pp. 191-215.
- Rogers C. Therapy focused on the client. Boston, Houghton Mifflin Publ., 1951. 560 p.
- Tudor K., Worrall М. Person-centred therapy: a clinical philosophy. London, Routledge, 2006. 320 p. ISBN 1583911243
- White R. Motivational redefining the concept of competence. Psychological review, 1959, no. 66, pp. 297-333.