Matreshina D.N., Chubarova A.D., Kargapolova E.V., Denisenkova N.N.
SELF-EDUCATION AS A LIFESTYLE OF A MODERN PERSON
Matreshina D.N.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Chubarova A.D.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: Nans.firstname.lastname@example.org, Kargapolova E.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Denisenkova N.N.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Plekhanov Russian University of Economics
Abstract. In the context of the digitization of modern society, there is a growing demand for self-education, which for many people is becoming a means of solving emerging problems, both personal and social, by acquiring additional professional competencies, Improvement of previously acquired and formation of new personality qualities, self-improvement. The need for self-education has become more urgent during the period of total distance organization of the educational process and is related to the policy of social restrictions. The purpose of the research is to analyze the demand for self-education based on the content analysis of the Russian periodical “Uchitelskaya Gazeta” in 2010 and during the period of social restrictions of 2020. The novelty of the study is that the number of references in the Teachers’ Newspaper to self-study activities and their components in 2020 was significantly higher than in 2010. Furthermore, it has been recorded that the most frequently mentioned semantic units were «self-education», «self-development» and «self-organization». It should be noted that the majority of authors of research publications are women. It has been found that the subject areas related to self-education are diverse – biography, sports, healthcare, new technologies, science, employment, but most often the subject area is the education system. It is noted that the topic of self-education in various contexts was mostly touched upon indirectly, that is, it was partially disclosed. The prospects for further research seem to us related to the use of survey methods, the use of which will help to identify more fully the opinions of respondents about the benefits of self-education for the realization of a person in life, the role of self-education and self-discipline in distance learning. It is also possible to develop methodological recommendations for federal executive authorities on improving distance learning.
Keywords: life-long learning, self-education, self-discipline, distance learning.
- Bobylev A.V. Difficulties in self-organization of educational activity. Yaroslavl Pedagogical Bulletin, 2019, no. 2 (107), pp. 30-35. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38196038
- Vakhitov D.R. Analysis of some problems of modern online learning. The world of science, culture, education, 2021, no. 3, (88), pp. 15-17. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=46280253
- Gorodetskaya E.Ya., Rogovaya N.A. Self-control in the activation of educational activities. Eurasian Union of Scientists, 2016, no. 8-4, pp. 41-43. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27642754
- Danilova O.A., Kondratieva I.G. Self-education of students: historical aspect. Bulletin of the National Railways, 2019, no. 2 (40), pp. 19-26. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38186200
- Degtyareva S.S. Experience self-learners as a component of self-learning activity. Identity in culture and education: psychological support, development, socialization: materials of all-Russian scientific-practical conference, 2016, no. 4, pp. 212-217. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28369777
- Dyachkova M.A., Tomuk O.N. Social network as an educational resource. Pedagogical education in Russia, 2017, no. 12, pp. 141-146. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32297855
- Evseev V.O. Methodology of economic competence development management. CITISE, 2018, no. 3 (16), pp. 13. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36663892
- Klyucharev G.A., Kofanova E.N. Self-education as an adaptive resource. Russia reforming, 2016, no. 14, pp. 282-308. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26205782
- Nagoeva M.A., Bidova B.B. Structural and functional characteristics of self-education. The world of science, culture, education, 2018, no. 3 (70), pp. 192-193. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35330333
- Nikolaev A.S. The quality of human capital. Bulletin of the NIB, 2018, no. 34, pp. 190-194. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32363101
- Novikova I.A., Bychkova P.A., Novikova A.L. Students’ attitude to digital educational technologies before and after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Values and Meanings, 2021, no. 2 (72), pp. 23-44. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45842665
- Osnovina T.Y. Methodological approaches to the formation of self-education methods in the conditions of distance learning. Questions of pedagogy, 2020, no. 6-2, pp. 187-189. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43061051
- Smoleva N.V. Self-education is a vital necessity. Pedagogical science and practice, 2018, no. 3(21), pp. 68-70. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36315860
- Tatarinov K.A., Bovkun L.E. Self-education in a digital society. Azimut of scientific research: pedagogy and psychology, 2020, no. 2 (31), pp. 42-44. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42930046
- Trindyuk T.V., Kochetova N.G., Lysogorova L.V. On the relationship between the concepts of “self-organization” and “self-education”. Balkan Scientific Review, 2020, no. 4 (10), pp. 20-22. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44313748
- Trukhin A.V. Formation and development of the problem of self-education in the historical aspect. Science and prospects, 2018, no. 4, pp. 60-69. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39205377
- Umirova Z.A., YuldashevaYu.Yu. The role of distance learning during the pandemic. Academic research in educational sciences, 2021, no. 5, pp. 965-970. (In Russian).
- Shapovalova I.S., GenkinYu.Yu. (Filonova) Online perspective in educational trajectories of youth. Scientific result. Sociology and Management, 2019, no. 4, pp. 91-102. (In Russian). DOI: 10.18413/2408-9338-2019-5-4-0-8
- Billett S. The difference between lifelong learning and lifelong learning. Journal of Adult Learning, Knowledge and Innovation, 2018, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1-7. DOI: 10.1556/2059.01.2017.3
- Lenzinka M. Self-education – old problems, new challenges. Pedagogical psychology, 2019, no. 16, pp. 129-143. DOI: 10.5604/01.3001.0013.6369
- Mihai O. Self-education and lifelong learning. International Electronic Journal of Achievements of Social Sciences, 2021, vol. 7, no. 9. pp. 1-4. DOI:10.18769/ijasos.877846
Matreshina D.N., Chubarova A.D., Kargapolova E.V., Denisenkova N.N. Self-education as a lifestyle of a modern person. CITISE, 2022, no. 1, pp.196-206. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2022.1.16